Nano endless blinking led

cheeto

• 2 weeks later...

I have the dreaded blinking blue light of death. It Worked for days. Now, all it does is blink, 10 to 15 times. The final slow blink the blue solid then resets to the endless blinking cycle. Press the reset button and plug in - solid blue but it will not connect on 192.168.1.1 even with my system on 192.168.1.2 I have read the posts so I a bit stuck with what to do next. The firmware was at 1.05. The odd thing to proceed this was that the PCI powered off. Help me guys please - this is for the nano I have spare but I want them both working.

Edited by Zen

Hi Xrad, thanks for reminding me. I will make one this weekend. If I have some spare time I will try to make one before then.

Yah the endless blinking light was a pain. I honestly thought it was broken. I still don't know what caused it.

• Upvote 1

Hi Zen,

I had the same issue. Did you change your static IP?

Oh Yes, I went the whole hog. I rebuilt windows because there was an issue with the driver. Found a router ( just in case), pluged it in, configured windows for static IP 192.168.1.2 All OK.

Unpluged Nano held down the switch plugged in and solid blue light. The device was recognised by win. Then Nothing, I even went as far as plugging in a second ethernet to usb and pluged that into the router and the nano. I was on a last hope at that point. Spent around 2 hours with every combination both on Windows and Nano and Linux. I have another Nano and that works fine. So, so frustrating but I live in hope to see your video.

Hey guys,

this is what worked for me. I'm sure there are better ways to debrick than this, but again this worked for me,

MAKE SURE TO HOLD THE RESET BUTTON DOWN BEFORE PLUGGING IT INTO THE USB

Hope it helps

Edited by cheeto
  • Upvote 1

Cheeto - You are a genius along with the hak5 crew. It worked perfectly. Thank you so much. I was convinced that I had to change the onboard gigabyte adaptor. I am one happy chap right now and it is down to you and the hak5 crew.

All the best to you and yours,

Zen

Edited by Zen

Hi Zen,

I'm really glad it worked out for you. I was in the same boat, frustrated as hell. But Seb & Darren were true to their word "Brick proof".

Anyway no need to thank me, all i did is listen to these these guys who really know their stuff: Xrad, b0N3z, sud0nick, MarcSThe1st, and last but not least Darren

Cheers

• Upvote 1

thanks Xrad,
here's exactly whats happening-
I plug in the nano into my pc
In Network connections i imediatly see
ETHERNET 2 - Network cable unplugged - ASIX AX88772A USB2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter
I then change the asix to static IPv4 to
subnet 255.255.255.0
gateway 8.8.8.8
Then go to 172.16.42.1:1471 the same as the MarkV and get nothing.
I also tried holding the reset button for more than 6 sec and when i do the led becomes firmly lit (no blinking) and does nothing
is this thing dead?
nanolan.jpg
staticip.jpg

Your gateway should not be 8.8.8.8, that's a DNS server.

infact, it shouldn't have a gateway at all.

• 7 months later...

i have the same problem endless blinking and also my laptop and computers running windows 7

i am able to connect to it via wifi BUT when connected via USB i am NOT seeying USB adaprters like AXIS adapters as in one of the pic's above

i can login via wifi but it doesnt want to connect to clients as posted in this link of the forum Nano doesnt connect to clients

any advice on fixing this or unbricking it?

With kind regards