WiFiJuice

I modified the network file as you mentioned. still not working.

I'll pm you a copy of the file.

It´s really odd that the 3g modem's led is off. Like if it weren't getting enough juice or something.

Also, after making all modifications to the network file and the firewall file, shouln´t i see eth1 in my Default route drop down menu?

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/3/2016 at 9:59 AM, Purrball said:

Interested as well, in addition, what are some currently known to work 4G usb dongles?

I think the E173 Huawei modem should work, it's 3G though.. 

• 1 year later...

I had Wifi Pineapple Mark 5  now i updated to firmware 3.0. i have Zte MF112 dongle. But when i plug in to USB it is not detecting. as eth1. and there are no /etc/usb_modeswitch.conf  file on inside. And

Mr Darren can please update modem list again for Mark 5. because  you posted web list is not working any more.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
On 11/3/2016 at 10:56 AM, Foxtrot said:

All/most serial modems will work with my module, regardless of 3G or 4G. Devices that use QMI another way of communicating (NCM, etc) will work with a little bit of patience and will until this support is added.

Nonsense. Name a single 3G/4g usb dongle modem that works with the nano- I.e get an address, provide internet access and allow ssh into nano over internet.

It's clear from this thread that there is NO 3g/4g usb dongle that operates properly with the Nano

Thank you. In this case I am glad to be proven wrong.

Thanks for the 'light' reading 😁

I would be grateful if you could please confirm that the E353 can

• Allocate an IP address to the Nano
  • Set the Network IP address as default gateway
  • Provide internet access
  • Allow Forwarding of port 22 to enable remote access to the Nano from the internet.

After watching HAK5 videos and scanning forum posts I have purchased (and therefore wasted time and money on) Huawei E3372 and E8372 - neither appears capable of achieving the (very basic) mission above. the E8372 (as a managed modem/ wifi router) gets close but the public IP address changes every few seconds.

The same SIM card in the E3372 manages to have a public IP address that does not 'jitter' but cannot forward Port 22. 

Thank you again for replying- hopefully I can achieve the above 4 point mission and share this with the many other Nano users.

22 hours ago, BlackOp said:

Thank you. In this case I am glad to be proven wrong.

Thanks for the 'light' reading 😁

I would be grateful if you could please confirm that the E353 can

• Allocate an IP address to the Nano
  • Set the Network IP address as default gateway
  • Provide internet access
  • Allow Forwarding of port 22 to enable remote access to the Nano from the internet.

After watching HAK5 videos and scanning forum posts I have purchased (and therefore wasted time and money on) Huawei E3372 and E8372 - neither appears capable of achieving the (very basic) mission above. the E8372 (as a managed modem/ wifi router) gets close but the public IP address changes every few seconds.

The same SIM card in the E3372 manages to have a public IP address that does not 'jitter' but cannot forward Port 22. 

Thank you again for replying- hopefully I can achieve the above 4 point mission and share this with the many other Nano users.

Seems Port forwarding is not possible on E353, so it appears the mission cannot be a accomplished with the E353.

We only need one or two 3G / 4G USB dongle models that can be shown to actually work in full with the Nano - I.e fulfill the following simple basic mission:

• Allocate a useable LAN IP address to the Nano
  • Set the LAN Network IP address as default gateway
  • Provide internet access to connected Nano evil AP clients / targets
  • Allow Forwarding of port 22 to Namo to enable remote SSH access to the Nano GUI  interface from the internet

I suspect that if Hak5 had one or two universally available 3G/4G USB dongles (confirmed to fulfill the above mission) on sale in its shop, they would fly off the shelf.

Does anyone know of a 3G/4G USB dongle that can fulfil the above mission? I am still persevering with my E8372 managed modem 😏

I am still trying to get the Nano working with 3G/4G modem. No issue getting internet access but now need to enable remote access to the Nano GUI interface. I think I can do this with the following SSH? Can any one pint out any issues with the below?

1289.png

Archived