Before people start posting, version 2.4 which will be compatible with the latest firmware is in development and will be released very soon. Sorry for the late release, I am a busy dude :p

Edited by newbi3

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just installed Evil Portal v2.3 on my MK5 with firmware v2.1.0 After installing the dependencies and running the auto config the menu is locked up. I can get into the menu but the tabs are un clickable. Ive tried starting the service and stopping the service, reformatting the Pineapple, and reinstalling Evil portal but no luck. If I just ssh and edit what I need to everything works but It would be nice to get the GUI working. Is anyone else having issues with the GUI? If so any fixes or ideas?

Just installed Evil Portal v2.3 on my MK5 with firmware v2.1.0 After installing the dependencies and running the auto config the menu is locked up. I can get into the menu but the tabs are un clickable. Ive tried starting the service and stopping the service, reformatting the Pineapple, and reinstalling Evil portal but no luck. If I just ssh and edit what I need to everything works but It would be nice to get the GUI working. Is anyone else having issues with the GUI? If so any fixes or ideas?

Two posts above yours, newbi3 explains this and promised a fix asap.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Yes I am aware of this, I did not have a chance to fix it before the firmware came out because of work (or as Sebkinne said being "lazy").

I'll get it fixed this week :)

Version 2.4 has been submitted and is awaiting approval :)

Version 2.4 has been released. Please update :D

Edited by newbi3

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure NoDogSplash is running and you are connected on a device that has not yet be authorized by Evil Portal to connect to the internet. If you are then just restart NoDogSplash and try it again. Also make sure the device you are testing on is not tether to the pineapple. If that doesn't work then spoof everything to 172.16.42.1:[NoDogSplash_PORT] (I don't remember it off the top of my head but you could google it or look at the config file which can be access from the infusion)

Hi. I have created a captive portal page for Evil Portal where the user has to fill in a form. The form is then submitted to a php file which writes it down on a text file and redirects the user to $authtarget. All the files are in /etc/nodogsplash/htdocs (and the images are in images/). However it looks like every page in htdocs/ (except of splash.html itself) gets redirected to splash.html as if it was blocked and redirected to the captive portal. How to solve this? Is there a way to whitelist all the pages in the directory?

Edited by jaggions

Hi. I have created a captive portal page for Evil Portal where the user has to fill in a form. The form is then submitted to a php file which writes it down on a text file and redirects the user to $authtarget. All the files are in /etc/nodogsplash/htdocs (and the images are in images/). However it looks like every page in htdocs/ (except of splash.html itself) gets redirected to splash.html as if it was blocked and redirected to the captive portal. How to solve this? Is there a way to whitelist all the pages in the directory?

Im not sure why it does that, its an issue with Nodogsplash, look in the configuration file. (I didn't write no dog splash)

Where is the Evil Portal source code kept?

The source code for nodogsplash is on github, i didn't write it so I can't help you with it really. The source code for EP is in /pineapple/infusions/evilportal

can u create DNS auto start function ? as it is not work without it...

The dns spoof infusion already has auto start correct? I don't have a pineapple with me (im on vacation)

Edited by newbi3

• 2 weeks later...

Well that would happen browser level and most browsers wont show a lock unless there is a valid SSL cert. Some (old smart tv browsers) will show a lock if you just visit https://whatever but there is no actual SSL happening but its nothing you can do with your code and that is a good thing because that would be a huge problem

EDIT:

As Sebkinne so kindly pointed out to me, you can have the lock be a favicon..

<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/png" href="$imgdir/favicon.png"/>

(I don't remember the image directory variable off the top of my head but replace $imgdir with whatever it is)

Edited by newbi3

No you can't do that. You could do the captive portal over https but it would be a self signed cert which would set off all sorts of red flags in the users browser so its not a good idea

Good point.

But here's a small issue:

I used:

<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="images/favicon_bawifi.ico" />

When using Google Chrome, the Favicon appears on the browsers' tab but not the address bar.

When using IE it appears on both, the browser tab and the address bar.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

I can't seem to edit any portals from the Library tab when clicking on View Code. There is a save button which indicates I should be able to edit but no code appears in the window. Also, if I may make a suggestion, you should add the following code to your tabs so when you edit a portal you can press the Tab key to format code. As of now, if you press the Tab key it switches focus to the next element.

$(document).delegate('#textbox', 'keydown', function(e) {
  var keyCode = e.keyCode || e.which;

if (keyCode == 9) {
    e.preventDefault();
    var start = $(this).get(0).selectionStart;
    var end = $(this).get(0).selectionEnd;

// set textarea value to: text before caret + tab + text after caret
    $(this).val($(this).val().substring(0, start)
                + "\t"
                + $(this).val().substring(end));

// put caret at right position again
    $(this).get(0).selectionStart =
    $(this).get(0).selectionEnd = start + 1;
  }
});