The only time that the live preview will show is if no dog splash is running. I don't really have any good ways around that.

Also the phishing notice from my last post was not directed towards you.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newbi3 - well got back tonight, tried it on my own laptop with Chrome and it worked....last night I was trying it with NDS running, I havent changed anything other than a 240v reset but that seems to have fixed it. I have had to re-flash the pineapple now as some of the other infusions were being buggy also but will start from scratch again now :) thanks for the quick responses.

What browser are you using? Also did you change the default port or anything like that? Inspect the element and see if you can see an iframe there

• 3 months later...

Hey newbi3 I've trying to figure this issue I've been having for many months now I've finally decided to just make reply and ask you a few questions because I'd like to work a video with using Evilportal but first my issue is..
I'm using the xfinity pineapple scripts not im not sure what is going on but I have both the captive portal and evil portal II installed on the pineapple.
Now under the Configuration table I have the following SET in the Configuration settings.

http://pastebin.com/J2H9BuCX

I placed the pages in with the htdocs for nodogsplash enable Evil Portal II loads the page however its not redirecting after the credentials are submitted so im not sure if its a Evil Portal setting im missing or what I do know the scripts work just fine I set up a Ubuntu webserver placed the files on the server loads just fine also if I use DNS Spoof it works fine to on the pineapple just can't get the scripts to work with Evil Portal when you get time can you check out matthewhknight.com/files/xfinity-pineapple-master.zip and see if you have the same problems on your end.

im also not sure how that $authtarget thing works either i noticed in some other scripts people use that.

Hey newbi3 I've trying to figure this issue I've been having for many months now I've finally decided to just make reply and ask you a few questions because I'd like to work a video with using Evilportal but first my issue is..

I'm using the xfinity pineapple scripts not im not sure what is going on but I have both the captive portal and evil portal II installed on the pineapple.

Now under the Configuration table I have the following SET in the Configuration settings.

http://pastebin.com/J2H9BuCX

I placed the pages in with the htdocs for nodogsplash enable Evil Portal II loads the page however its not redirecting after the credentials are submitted so im not sure if its a Evil Portal setting im missing or what I do know the scripts work just fine I set up a Ubuntu webserver placed the files on the server loads just fine also if I use DNS Spoof it works fine to on the pineapple just can't get the scripts to work with Evil Portal when you get time can you check out matthewhknight.com/files/xfinity-pineapple-master.zip and see if you have the same problems on your end.

im also not sure how that $authtarget thing works either i noticed in some other scripts people use that.

$authtarget is a variable that represents the url that the user will be sent to after completing whatever the task is in the captive portal. Here is what their documentation says:

$authtarget A URL which encodes a unique token and the URL of the user's original web request. If nodogsplash receives a request at this URL, it completes the authentication process for the client and replies to the request with a "302 Found" to the encoded originally requested URL. (Alternatively, you can use a GET-method HTML form to send this information to the nodogsplash server; see below.) As a simple example:

<a href="$authtarget">Enter</a>

The reason why you can't use nodogsplash without an internet connection or dns spoof running is because it can't resolve the url that $authtarget is saying to take you too. This is just my assumption based upon how the authentication process is documented to work, I haven't read over the code for nodogsplash.

Definitely check out the documentation for NoDogSplash on github: https://github.com/nodogsplash/nodogsplash/blob/master/README.md

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with Evil Portal. (I recently re-installed it along with the newest firmware)

For some reason, the splash screen isn't popping up on my Android devices... (Samsung S4 and Samsung Galaxy Tab A)

On the other hand, the splash DOES pop up when using Iphone 6, and a pc.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks guys!

Hello Guys,

Has anyone got the Xfinity portal to work i took the files and put them were it said to but its a no go and how do i set it so when people connect they automatically get directed to the portal sign in ?

Fixing issues with the Xfinity portal code is off topic from what this thread is about so if you are looking for help with that please post it somewhere else. To touch on the second part of your question; the portal is opened when someone tries to use the internet after connecting to you pineapple. Before they can get on the internet they first have to go through the captive portal. If you're pineapple doesn't have an internet connection you will need to spoof *.* to 172.16.42.1

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with Evil Portal. (I recently re-installed it along with the newest firmware)

For some reason, the splash screen isn't popping up on my Android devices... (Samsung S4 and Samsung Galaxy Tab A)

On the other hand, the splash DOES pop up when using Iphone 6, and a pc.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks guys!

What do you mean splash screen? Is your pineapple connected to the internet?

Hey Newbi3!,

Yes, my mkv is connected to the internet via client mode.

For some reason, when using an Android device, I'm not getting the pop-up splash screen that asks the client to enter his/her creds..

What I find a bit strange is that it works fine on other non-Android devices.

BTW, I tried other captive portals that i made, and the same thing is happening.

Has this happend to anyone else? Also, I'd like to point out that these same portals used to work perfectly fine on my Android devices.

Thanks for jumping in!!!

Android doesn't auto open captive portals (at least my devices don't running cyanogen mod). After you connect to the pineapple open your browser and try to go to example.com you should be greeted with your captive portal.

Yes, correct,

It does work if my Android device connects to my MKV's Evil portal and I try to navigate, (eg: www.abcdefg.com) then i will see a splash screen.

In the past however, the popup screen would appear automatically without having to open your browser and navigate. The only thing that comes to mind is my recent updates i made on my Android devices. Sounds crazy, but maybe Android changed something.

Yes, correct,

It does work if my Android device connects to my MKV's Evil portal and I try to navigate, (eg: www.abcdefg.com) then i will see a splash screen.

In the past however, the popup screen would appear automatically without having to open your browser and navigate. The only thing that comes to mind is my recent updates i made on my Android devices. Sounds crazy, but maybe Android changed something.

This is definitely the reason. NoDogSplash can't force your device to open the splash page as soon as you connect, your OS has to have the logic to do that.

Hi Newbi3:

After a lot of testing with Evil Portal, I can confirm the following:

When a victim connects to Evil portal, the NoDogSplash popup screen works with:

Android ver. 4.4.2 (KitKat)

However the NoDogSplash popup doesn't work on android 5.1 lollipop. The only way to see the splash screen is to open up a browser.

What i need to test now is if works when i go to public hotspot. (actually i think it does)

So here's the big question, is it possible that Android can differentiate Evil portal from a Captive Portal?

Many thanks!

Edited by cheeto

Hi Newbi3:
After a lot of testing with Evil Portal, I can confirm the following:
When a victim connects to Evil portal, the NoDogSplash popup screen works with:
Android ver. 4.4.2 (KitKat)
However the NoDogSplash popup doesn't work on android 5.1 lollipop. The only way to see the splash screen is to open up a browser.
What i need to test now is if works when i go to public hotspot. (actually i think it does)
So here's the big question, is it possible that Android can differentiate Evil portal from a Captive Portal?
Many thanks!

Evil Portal is just a front end for NoDogSplash which is the captive portal software which is essentially just a web server and some ip tables foo. So if android (or any software creator) wanted to they could try and detect what the specific webserver serving the web page that you are visiting and then deciding if they want you to see it or not but any means of detecting what the webserver is could be spoofed by the webserver to make the detecting software think its something else. Also NoDogSplash is a legitimate captive portal software that is probably used on a wide variety of public APs so by filtering out these APs thinking they are bad you would get a lot of false positives and it would be pointless because the user just has to open their web browser and they are there.

How iOS and OSX (ive never had android automatically open a captive portal for me and I would be pretty pissed if it did) determine if there is a captive portal is by trying to hit apple.com, if apple.com resolves to an IP address that is none-routable then they open the captive portal (which is the IP address that apple.com was resolved to),if they cant resolve apple.com to anything they assume there is no internet connection and if it resolves to something the expect then it means you have an internet connection.

The specific Android ROM you are running on your phone (unless its a nexus or you flashed it yourself onto your phone) is NOT stock android. Phone manufactures modify the Android ROM to fit what they think your experience with android should be like on their phone.

I would be shocked if only certain captive portals automatically open on your phone. I can tell you that my phone, a oneplus one, running the latest build of cyanogen mod for it does not open captive portals automatically ever. Also it never has even on android 4.x.x. It is the software on your phone.

This morning I went to a nearby gas station to see whats going on.

I took with me a rooted Samsung S4 with KitKat 4.4.2 and an HTC M9 with 5.1 lollipop.

This gastation has a captive portal which requires no log in. (simply has press buton to enter thing)

Anyway, when I connected to the gas station's wifi, with the S4 (kitkat 4.4.2) i got a pop up screen saying welcome to bla bla bla...

Then I tried the same thing with the M9 (lollipop 5.1) and no popup screen appeared. The only way to see the welcome message was to navigate.

So yes, it's simply a firmware issue not a captive portal isssue. Personally, i prefer the popup screen rather than the non-popscreen.

I don't think the Android developers did this because of a security issue. In fact, i think it's more of a bug if anything.

The reason i say this is because, let's say i connect to the gas station's wifi with my M9. Instead of navigating, I go to my mailbox and start writing emails that aren't going to be sent or, I start using whatsapp and nothing happens.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents. Again, It's a preferce for me to have the pop up appear saying please log in or press a button to access our internet service bla bla bla.

Thanks

hello i've tried connecting my mac book pro to wifipineapple enabled evilportal2 and no dog splash immediately popup =) good

but when i tried

iphone 5s and iphone 6 (latest update ) no popup or when i go to a website using default iphone browser (no https just http) nodogsplash failed (not working).

tried on galaxy note 3 lollipop, nodogsplash failed and no popup screen.

recap

macbookpro - working (nodogsplash popup)

nodogsplash failed to load on http site and no popup screen.

iphone 5s

iphone 6 plus

note 3 lollipop

any comment or anyone got this working on this devices?

I tried an iphone 6 and an ipad air and both had the nodogsplash popup appear. :)

I think the iphone 6 has ios 8 and the ipad air is on ios 7.

Is this supposed to be a security measure? If anything it's an inconvenience. (at least for me)

Cheers

hello i've tried connecting my mac book pro to wifipineapple enabled evilportal2 and no dog splash immediately popup =) good

but when i tried

iphone 5s and iphone 6 (latest update ) no popup or when i go to a website using default iphone browser (no https just http) nodogsplash failed (not working).

tried on galaxy note 3 lollipop, nodogsplash failed and no popup screen.

recap

macbookpro - working (nodogsplash popup)

nodogsplash failed to load on http site and no popup screen.

iphone 5s

iphone 6 plus

note 3 lollipop

any comment or anyone got this working on this devices?

Make sure your pineapple has an internet connection or you are spoofing *.* to 172.16.42.1

I wanted to redirect users specifically using Iphone , android or desktop. to do this You can use javascript

or php. does evil portal support PHP? thanks

NoDogSplash does not support PHP no but you can do it in JS. Also please read the the red bold text on the first page of this thread

"THIS SUPPORT THREAD IS FOR INFUSION SUPPORT ONLY! YOUR NOT WORKING PORTALS ARE NOT A PART OF THIS INFUSION AND SHOULD NOT BE POSTED HERE ASKING FOR HELP. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH EVIL PORTAL IF YOUR PORTAL CODE (OR MY OLD PORTAL CODE) DOES NOT WORK! IT IS A SEPERATE ISSUE ENTIERLY AND SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE PROPER PLACE WHICH IS APPLICATIONS & CODING NOT HERE. I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO HELP EVERYONE FIX HTML AND I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT IF WE CAN STAY ON TOPIC!"

Just thinking out loud here... But would it be possible to force the nodogsplash popup screen once the victim is connected to the mkv?

For example have an to launch splash screen regardless of the system or connected device.

It would be a HUGE PLUS! I know it's a rather long shot, in fact, maybe i should mention this in the infusion idea section.

thx guys