The HakBox v1.0 - Heavy on pics

theshabobo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the box is at 100% complete, They will be for sale. I will need to verify with Darren and Seb @Hak5 to ensure the legality of selling these boxes.

Darren, Seb. If you could chime in with your thoughts, comments, and whether or not you would like to review this system.

Thanks!

Ok, here's how it works:

One switch turns on the pineapple and booster.

One switch turns on the raspberry, USB hub, and sdr.

The last switch turns on the screen.

The pineapple is connected to the pi via cat5, and the air card via usb.

The pi is connected to the keyboard via usb, the usb hub.

The usb hub is connected to the 2 wifi cards (alfa and Tp-Link), sdr, and an extension for charging or connecting an additional device.

The 2 wifi cards are used for running attacks on secured and unsecured active networks.

Ok, here's how it works:

One switch turns on the pineapple and booster.

One switch turns on the raspberry, USB hub, and sdr.

The last switch turns on the screen.

The pineapple is connected to the pi via cat5, and the air card via usb.

The pi is connected to the keyboard via usb, the usb hub.

The usb hub is connected to the 2 wifi cards (alfa and Tp-Link), sdr, and an extension for charging or connecting an additional device.

The 2 wifi cards are used for running attacks on secured and unsecured active networks.

Thanks a lot it really cleared it up!!

and where did u put the amplifier

It's under the pineapple

Ouch. That's 2 components on top of each other that get plenty hot. (In a different thread about these amps someone mentioned his _real_ 8W amp getting hot enough to boil an egg)

Even if it does survive prolonged used in a warm environment I'd try to get some distance between these two hot spots.

If it still works with the amp turned off (i.e. it just passes the signal on unamplified) it would make sense to include a switch for that aswell. Then you can opt between a boosted signal or a longer running time.

Edited by Cooper

Try to repeat this test and measure the inside temp aswell. Just that it survives is nice, but if it survives in spite of rediculous temps doesn't mean it'll repeat that very often.

so. If I wanted to build something quick, cheap, mobile...

could a droid phone running kali with a alfa card suffice?

I have a old droid thunderbolt with a extended power pack that gives 3 days of power.

Any tips, quick, cheap, mobile?

A proxmark makes sense when you either have access to the item the RFID chip is in or you have targeted someone whom you know uses one. Neither usages are very comparible with the expected usage scenario of this hakbox (remote scanning of wireless networks).