The HakBox v1.0 - Heavy on pics

theshabobo

I am in the process of building a HakBox for security pen testing. I will be doing a full writeup at a later point in time.

This is what I have for now.

Hardware:

1x Wifi Pineapple MK5

4x SMA adapter and extension cables

1x Raspberry PI (Kali Linux)
1x Belkin powered 4 port USB Hub

1x Alfa USB Wifi Nic

1x TP-Link USB Nic

1x Hak5 SDR

1x 8W 2.4ghz 12v signal booster (karma)

2x 5dbi antennas (Alfa and TP)

2x 9dbi antennas (Pineapple)

1x Logitech wireless Keyboard and touchpad mouse

1x 15.6in. led screen HDMI (Being shipped)

1x 26000mah intocircuit battery <--- OMG SWEET! Soon to be 2 of them here.

1x T-Mobile USB Aircard

Network Speed:

2014-07-10122459.png

Range tests:

For the karma wlan1 I have done 2 range tests both are done with the box sitting on the ground. These are near line of sight (1 apartment building and a metal fence in the way)

Test 1:
Case closed with antenna in horizontal position, 240 Feet

Test 2:
Case opened with antenna in vertical position, 540 Feet

I will be doing a battery life test with just the pineapple tonight. I turned it on at 1:00AM CST

Here are some teaser pics:

2014-07-25013157.jpg

2014-07-25013226.jpg

2014-07-25013232.jpg

2014-07-25013335.jpg

2014-07-25013430.jpg

2014-07-25013421.jpg

2014-07-25013248.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive.

Nice to see I'm not the only one with that wireless keyboard. :)

If I were to change anything, I'd put the pineapple with the other side up and drill some holes in the inside plate so it has a better chance to shed some of the heat it generates.

What's that flexible cable in the top-left corner of the box, behind the 2 antennas?

Edited by Cooper

Impressive.

Nice to see I'm not the only one with that wireless keyboard. :)

If I were to change anything, I'd put the pineapple with the other side up and drill some holes in the inside plate so it has a better chance to shed some of the heat it generates.

Thats not a bad idea... The cover is thin wood covered with a carbon fiber vinyl so I don't know how well that will shed heat.

That case from walmart, is the exact case I got. The difference is that the one I got came with full foam inside. Not just seperations. And it only cost me about 20.00.

I'd remove all the foam anyway. It's just going to burn up your components. Use velcro or command strips to hold the stuff inside. At least you'll get some airflow around the hot stuff. The wooden box is going to insulate the stuff as well.

I'd remove all the foam anyway. It's just going to burn up your components. Use velcro or command strips to hold the stuff inside. At least you'll get some airflow around the hot stuff. The wooden box is going to insulate the stuff as well.

I understand, i did a test with it today in 102 degree weather, System on, Case closed, and the system dis not over heat at all. It was warm and was running for about 5 hours in the sun.

I think the question is "why did you put the foam in in the first place?" - simply to keep stuff in position or does it do more for your specific setup? Are there cheaper alternatives (velcro, etc)? Pro's and cons?

So how much did it cost for all the items like a few hundred bucks?... Ill do the math and tell you the total!

also i have that keyboard and i am actually typing on it right now and i have to say i have 0 complaints it works FLAWLESSLY!

ohhhhh.....

I found this http://www.amazon.com/Vestil-CASE-1814-Aluminum-Storage-Length/dp/B0052PJ39C/ref=pd_sim_auto_13?ie=UTF8&refRID=06RBC59M5N5K4KXDK5JF

and this....

http://www.amazon.com/Zeikos-ZE-HC18-Protected-Camcorders-Photograpic/dp/B001T9N12U/ref=pd_rhf_dp_s_cp_?ie=UTF8&refRID=0BDYKZ2V3SHZ4Q555APY

also what do u think about the case that you could get with the wifi pineapple do u think that it would work or no

and my last question is were did u get the 15.6in. led screen HDMI

Edited by Computer_Security

In all it was about 650 for everything. I'll look at the full numbers later tonight

were did you get this 15.6in. led screen HDMI

and that sounds about right because when i added it up i got 637.61$ but that doesn't include TAX or the 15.6in. led screen HDMI

Edited by Computer_Security