please help: wlan1 disabled

nethmazter

I just bought mark v.

I followed the instruction all the way.

I noticed wlan1 was disbled, and thus I couldn't connect using client mode.

I read many topics here in this forum and nothing helped.

When I use ifconfig wlan1 up, it says 'ifconfig: siocgifflags: no such device.'

When I use wifi detect > /etc/config/wireless, there is no section for config wifi-device radio1. There is only sections for config wifi-device radio0, and config wifi-iface.

Should I get the replacement? I am in South Korea right now, and it will be a big problem then.

Please help!!!

i think we have the same problem i just got my mark 5 a few days ago and i can't get wlan1 to enable via the Network tab, i have also checked everything like in the first post of this thread there in no config for the second radio what so ever it don't show up at all in wifi manager, so i can't use (client mode) i really would like help on this or would i have to send it back to hak5 for a replacement ?

There is a bug that should be fixed with the first firmware update. After a factory reset you need to SSH in and run:

rm /etc/config/wireless && wifi detect > /etc/config/wireless && reboot

didn't help forgot this will post screen shot and anything else i can think of

Edited by tech686

nothing happened it just stayed in red when I run "ifconfig wlan1 up" i get "SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device" so this is what leading me to think its a hardware problem and not software so i'm hoping someone else with more exp can help me out before i decide to just send it back.

nothing happened it just stayed in red when I run "ifconfig wlan1 up" i get "SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device" so this is what leading me to think its a hardware problem and not software so i'm hoping someone else with more exp can help me out before i decide to just send it back.

Have you sent your Mark V back to them?

Be sure to include your MK5 serial number and order number when contacting the shop. We're committed to getting you a working pineapple and if there's a manufacturing issue we can identify it by the production run numbers so any help squashing bugs in this regard is greatly appreciated. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again for your patience.

Be sure to include your MK5 serial number and order number when contacting the shop. We're committed to getting you a working pineapple and if there's a manufacturing issue we can identify it by the production run numbers so any help squashing bugs in this regard is greatly appreciated. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again for your patience.

You guys are the best ;)

Well... I may have to take that back. Haven't received any response from support after mailing them about this. It's been almost a week now...

I'll make sure to get that sorted for you. Please forward the email at seb [ a ] hak5.org.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Very sorry - Sara shipped you a replacement yet forgot to include your email address on the tracking confirmation. I saw it in my inbox and assumed you were on the thread. I've forwarded the DHL information along.

Perfect!

Thanks again!

Probably the best customer service I've got in a very long time!