Today i tried to install the WPS infusion and reaver/bully on a freshly installed 2.3.0 today.

The infusion installed, but when i tried to install reaver or bully either on teh SD or internal it loads for a while, but its not installed :(

Any suggestions on what to do? would love to see soem pixie magic ;)

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today i tried to install the WPS infusion and reaver/bully on a freshly installed 2.3.0 today.

The infusion installed, but when i tried to install reaver or bully either on teh SD or internal it loads for a while, but its not installed :(

Any suggestions on what to do? would love to see soem pixie magic ;)

Hi, the wps infusion doesn't currently include the new reaver fork and pixiewps, but it will be once the reaver fork is in the official pineapple package repositories.

Second, can you please provide an output of what happens when you try to install reaver and bully via ssh commandline?

For internal install

opkg update && opkg install reaver bully

For sd install

opkg update && opkg -d sd install reaver bully

If you read back a few pages, or che k my thread on pixiewps and reaver, you will see some additional steps for getti g reaver / wash to work on an SD install

Edited by DataHead

Hi, the wps infusion doesn't currently include the new reaver fork and pixiewps, but it will be once the reaver fork is in the official pineapple package repositories.

Second, can you please provide an output of what happens when you try to install reaver and bully via ssh commandline?

For internal install

opkg update && opkg install reaver bully

For sd install

opkg update && opkg -d sd install reaver bully

If you read back a few pages, or che k my thread on pixiewps and reaver, you will see some additional steps for getti g reaver / wash to work on an SD install

that did work, got reaver installed this way, ill wait for the pixie update then :)

Hello,

Fairly new to the Mark V, after downloading WPS, downloading reaver and bully, enabling wlan1 and refreshing APs, clicking the wifi i want, disabling wlan1 and clicking "Start Monitor" it says ...loading, goes away and nothing happens. Nothing pops up in Monitoir Interfaces and down in "General" monitor interface doesnt show anything for me to select.

Anyone have any ideas.

@whistlemaster, Will that update fix my issue above?

"Fairly new to the Mark V, after downloading WPS, downloading reaver and bully, enabling wlan1 and refreshing APs, clicking the wifi i want, disabling wlan1 and clicking "Start Monitor" it says ...loading, goes away and nothing happens. Nothing pops up in Monitoir Interfaces and down in "General" monitor interface doesnt show anything for me to select."

I am using my personal router with WPS enabled. I can verify this with other tools.

After setting things up and running WPS on Pineapple, it just sits there.

"wps log_1435094026.log [June 23 2015 21:13:48]
[+] Waiting for beacon from XXXXXXXXXXX"

Here it is, just incase.

My proper sd install chain is such.

ssh into the pineapple and Copy paste the following

mkdir /etc/reaver

ln -s /sd/etc/reaver/reaver.db /etc/reaver/

ln -s /sd/usr/bin/reaver /usr/bin/

ln -s /sd/usr/bin/wash /usr/bin/

Edited by DataHead

• 4 weeks later...

WPS reaver issues

Okay, so here we go again. I have tried this post 4 times now and every time I try to load a photo and it erases all content on the post. So no photos.

I see a few people have had the same issue as me but it was never resolved or the resolution was never posted.

I boot WPS

Enable Wlan1

scan networks

disable Wlan1

Enable monitor mode

click on the AP I want to target

select mon0

and the fun stops.

I associate but never send my first pin!

It must be his signal strength you say! Well I have two yagi 16dbi antennas. So I plug my ALFA into my computer and run Kali. Same network same computer same location with a worse antenna and I immediately start pin attempts.

Any ideas? I had a whole slide show but the bulletin board hates me.

Signal strength is 60-70%

I'll give this a few days and maybe do a video on it in case their are any major changes to the interface :B

Gonna need a few days recovery after redesigning my site.

Update is almost there, stay tuned :smile:

v2.0 is out !

Changelog

- pixiewps integration

I haven't been around the forum in a good while, but I do follow this thread. Thanks for all your work with this!

I'll give this a few days and maybe do a video on it in case their are any major changes to the interface :B

Gonna need a few days recovery after redesigning my site.

Hey Zarabyte, Looking forward to another one of your tutorials.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

WPS reaver issues

I see a few people have had the same issue as me but it was never resolved or the resolution was never posted.

I associate but never send my first pin!

Same here and still doesn't work.

Tried internal / sd install. Disabled wlan1 (before starting mon mode / after mon mode but before starting reaver)

Terminal or browser, it doesn't matter.

Have not installed anything other than reaver, bully and wps infusion.

Any idea?

If you also use reaver via ssh cli,

please show me the full command you are using.

If you add -vv or -vvv to the reaver command, does it give you more output? Does bully work and not reaver? How close is the access point and how good is the signal?

I apologize the amount of questions asked, but I can not reproduce the issue, and have done numerous fresh installations to try this.

Also, via ssh, before you are using reaver , are you changing your txpower?

If not, could you try upping it to 30dBm and then trying and posting results

Edited by DataHead

If you also use reaver via ssh cli,

please show me the full command you are using.

First command can't associate:

reaver -i mon0 -b A0:F3:C1:B1:3A:62 -e "myAP" -c 4
Output:
[+] Waiting for beacon from A0:F3:C1:B1:3A:62
[!] WARNING: Failed to associate with A0:F3:C1:B1:3A:62 (ESSID: myAP)
With -A pine can associate but never sends a pin
reaver -i mon0 -A -b A0:F3:C1:B1:3A:62 -e "myAP" -c 4
Output:
[+] Waiting for beacon from A0:F3:C1:B1:3A:62
[+] Associated with A0:F3:C1:B1:3A:62 (ESSID: myAP)
[+] Starting Cracking Session. Pin count: 0, Max pin attempts: 11000
[+] 0.00% complete. Elapsed time: 0d0h12m15s.
[+] 0.00% complete. Elapsed time: 0d0h22m23s.
With -vv (-vvv has no effect):
[+] Trying pin 12345670.
[+] Sending EAPOL START request
[!] WARNING: Receive timeout occurred
[+] Sending EAPOL START request
[!] WARNING: Receive timeout occurred
Checked a bunch of other ap's and I always get the same results.
I'm in the same room but even if I go to another room it fails.
Never changed txpower.
My AP: 25-39dBm, quality lvl 100%

-vv gives more output on what's going on with a default attack, and -vvv is for pixiewps related output and enabling.

Some things to take note here, is to ensure you have a correct WPS setup on the target AP, as you are timing out. Also, try some different commands. ( I always add -vv to see more of what's going on )

And to be sure,

reaver -i mon0 -a -N -vv -b A0:F3:C1:B1:3A:62

The new firmware released for the pineapple, is much more recommended. As it handles interface monitormodes a bit better ( no wlan1 down etc before use )

And would become wlan1mon instead

It is also worth noting, that you can also be too close to the target AP.

Edited by DataHead

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a Pineapple and this is the first infusion I've played with, however it seems so so buggy. I've used reaver extensively in the past so I know it's pretty much hit and miss with lockouts, timeouts etc. but still. For starters, here are a couple of the bugs I've noticed:

1. No WPS APs, wtf? I've tried both wlan0 & wlan1 but out of dozens and dozens of refreshes, there was only one time the damn thing actually showed correctly the WPS enabled APs. The rest of the time WPS appeared to be simply disabled everywhere.

2. Refresh APs

2. Association issue. Like the dude above said, association fails when using reaver unless the "Do not associate..." is checked: -A

3. Timeouts galore. I mean seriously, I've had more success using a TL-WN722N with worse signal strength for god's sake. I know each AP is different but I think something must be going wrong. I've had a bunch of -61 dBm APs which should be enough, and even another which had -47 dBm - it still gave me about a dozen timeouts before finally giving in. I'll buy a 9 dbi antenna next week and try that as well, but seriously, what the hell is going on?

4. Bully not working at all unless " Force continue in spite of warnings" is checked. Granted, I have not used bully much, but still the first line in the log appears to be a warning?

[!] Bully v1.0-22 - WPS vulnerability assessment utility

[+] Switching interface 'wlan1mon' to channel '6'
Are these because of the newly released firmware? I've installed everything in the internal storage btw nothing on the sd card, I saw that was a problem in some posts above. Thanks.