Interrupt:43 Base address:0xc000

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:24 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:24 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:1696 (1.6 KB) TX bytes:1696 (1.6 KB)

wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr e4:d5:3d:aa:93:06
inet addr:192.168.254.5 Bcast:192.168.254.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::e6d5:3dff:feaa:9306/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:25741 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:19328 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:34000830 (34.0 MB) TX bytes:2524833 (2.5 MB)

iwconfig:

lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.

wlan0 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:"WIN_530C"
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.437 GHz Access Point: 4C:17:EB:18:53:0B
Bit Rate=24 Mb/s Tx-Power=19 dBm
Retry long limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Power Management:off
Link Quality=47/70 Signal level=-63 dBm
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:1 Invalid misc:3252 Missed beacon:0

Acer Aspire one D257 Blackbuntu

Wifi Pineapple Mark IV

I just recently got my first wifi pineapple and tried to connect it to Backtrack 5 R3, but the only way i could get to the management page was if i was connected to the pineapple network, and i had no internet access (this is after leaving everyhing as default in the wp4.sh script) I tried it again in Ubuntu but had the same problem. However when i tried it in Blackbuntu I Ran the wp4.sh script, left everything default and it worked fine until i changed the password and rebooted the pineapple. The second time i tried it i had no problems at all. it worked great, but the third time i used it i started having the same issue as with Bactrack and Ubuntu. I could get to the managment page but i could not browse the internet on my laptop, or my client laptop. I am no doubt making a simple mistake in set up but i cant figure it out...... any suggestions??? thank you in advance for your help...

As Boba so succinctly put it, you don't make mention of using wp4.sh. Are you using it? I've noticed that I oftentimes have to run it twice to get things "to stick" (I have zero idea why this is, but if it doesn't work the first time, try again).

To reiterate, it goes something like this:

|Pineapple| poe lanport----ethernet cable----->backtrack ))))))) Wireless Access point

So your backtrack box is getting internet from wifi, and is sharing that wifi (via the wp4.sh script) over the ethernet port to your pineapple. You can get fancy with it later with 3G, secondary wifi radio, and doubled up ethernet, but the configuration above is considered the default.

If you need more assistance, we're happy to help but will need more details on what your trying and where its hanging up. Good luck

telot

Edited by telot

Thank you for the quick response.

I ran the script that follows:

wget wifipineapple.com/wp4.sh; chmod +x wp4.sh; ./wp4.sh

do i have to run this every time or do i only need to run this one once and then simply run ./wp4.sh from that point on??

I think i see from what you have both told me what I am doing wrong, I will give it a try and see how it goes. I've been connecting the wireless first and then the ethernet cable....I'll try the other way around..

Again thank you for your help.

Thank you for the quick response.

I ran the script that follows:

wget wifipineapple.com/wp4.sh; chmod +x wp4.sh; ./wp4.sh

do i have to run this every time or do i only need to run this one once and then simply run ./wp4.sh from that point on??

I think i see from what you have both told me what I am doing wrong, I will give it a try and see how it goes. I've been connecting the wireless first and then the ethernet cable....I'll try the other way around..

Again thank you for your help.

I think its only once on the same computer, however on another computer, you'd have to run it again. Could be wrong though, iv'e never used wp4.sh.

Hi I have just set up the wifi pineapple but when I connect to it from another computer to browse the net it crashes the website

Bit more info? does the website go weird looking i.e no CSS, or does it not load at all..

-Foxtrot

The browser says

This webpage is not available

Iam therthing with eternet to poe/lan

Also I can't download any script from pineapple bar I get error conecting please make sure you have internet

Connection

Edited by xneox

The browser says

This webpage is not available

Iam therthing with eternet to poe/lan

Also I can't download any script from pineapple bar I get error conecting please make sure you have internet

Connection

It sounds like your internet isn't being shared, And your laptop is prosuming that eth0 is the primary internet, What OS you using?

-Foxtrot

xneonx I'd hate to reward your thread hijacking by helping you. It's not fair to the OP. Please start a new post with detailed information on your problem (see the stickied thread by Mr. Protocol for advice on starting a new "I need help with my pineapple" thread).

telot