Hak5 Rocks!

DirtyFinger

Hello there,

New to the forums, going to be doing a new mod on my computer setup. I am going to be doing a Hak5 Logo on my rig cut out and lighted from the back. I do wish to ask if Hak5 could make some wallpaper that fits my screens 5760x1200 would be great!

mydesktop.jpg

Once I get the rig cut and lighted I will show it off. I guess what I need to know is whether I should use red or blue with the lighting? Suggestions. I also wanted to say hello to the community and wish the show well. I also need to know ( if hak5 has the resources ) to find out what micro mobo will fit in an easy store h342 that will support the system and windows server 2012 essentials. It's a nice box that affords a lot of mods. Wondered if they ever did anything with it or might know.. Thanks

PS. Upon registering for the site I was asked to give the name of one of the two hosts on the show. I used Shannon Morse and it failed.. It only worked when I wrote Darren.. What's that about ;) LOL..

Kind regards,

Saxamo..

Hello there,

New to the forums, going to be doing a new mod on my computer setup. I am going to be doing a Hak5 Logo on my rig cut out and lighted from the back. I do wish to ask if Hak5 could make some wallpaper that fits my screens 5760x1200 would be great!

** removed pic for the sake of space **

Once I get the rig cut and lighted I will show it off. I guess what I need to know is whether I should use red or blue with the lighting? Suggestions. I also wanted to say hello to the community and wish the show well. I also need to know ( if hak5 has the resources ) to find out what micro mobo will fit in an easy store h342 that will support the system and windows server 2012 essentials. It's a nice box that affords a lot of mods. Wondered if they ever did anything with it or might know.. Thanks

PS. Upon registering for the site I was asked to give the name of one of the two hosts on the show. I used Shannon Morse and it failed.. It only worked when I wrote Darren.. What's that about ;) LOL..

Kind regards,

Saxamo..

Welcome to the forums.

I wish I had the desk space for a monitor setup like that. I could be so much more productive.

I will look into that registration question to see what valid answers are. It may be a first name only thing or something.

There is a PSD file for the logo if you have photoshop somewhere on the wiki(if link still works). I may have a copy of it somewhere on my machine, but check the wiki, and if you have photoshop, can make your own wallpaper from the file.

Nix that, just realized the wiki is no longer on the site.

Edited by digip

There is a PSD file for the logo if you have photoshop somewhere on the wiki(if link still works). I may have a copy of it somewhere on my machine, but check the wiki, and if you have photoshop, can make your own wallpaper from the file.

Nix that, just realized the wiki is no longer on the site.

I have a copy.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y0an70sofvtezzl/gmkblXeeGD/Hak5_Logo

There is a PNG and PSD.

I am downloading them now. Nice!! Now I can get started! Way to go guys! Way to go! Wait till you see this MOD. I actually won a contest for a water cooling unit from cool-it for my current pc mod. I am also doing a radioactive mod on my acer easystore h342. Looking forward to sharing and being in the community. Those monitors now sit on one stand and they are all hp w2408h monitors. Glossy screen and Widescreen - 16:10. Thanks for the wallpaper, I am going to see what I can do too :)

Thanks again! Wallpaper is actually pretty nicely done. Great job! You can see some of my wallpapers here as I just started. Don't punish me to badly. :) http://aussiesingles.deviantart.com/

I just made this one.. take off the old one, but with a pretty decent look.

http://www.saxamo.co...loads/hak5a.jpg

hak5.start.jpg

I will come up with something better.. but I like this one for today.. getting tired.. lol..

Have a great weekend everyone.. ttyl

Edited by DirtyFinger

@Pwnd2Pwnr. Thanks for the kind words..

I just did another small change for some wallpaper. Depending on your windows version you can use the wallpaper even though it is a larger size. Just change it to center or span.. not sure since I use windows 8 span. Here is another little update. From now on I am just going to update this post with more wallpaper links as I make them

http://www.saxamo.co...loads/hak5c.jpg

Edited by DirtyFinger

Barry99705 Holy F***! thats awesome , do you by any chance use synergy across those beauties , because i could imagine that being a bit messy with multiple keyboards + mice , i dream one day to be able to afford a rig like that, how much did the monitor stands + Monitors set you back , and what graphics card you use?

:D

Barry99705 Holy F***! thats awesome , do you by any chance use synergy across those beauties , because i could imagine that being a bit messy with multiple keyboards + mice , i dream one day to be able to afford a rig like that, how much did the monitor stands + Monitors set you back , and what graphics card you use?

:D

Yep, synergy server running in windows, clients on the two linux and one mac laptops. The trimon on top was free! I parted it out for the monitors, was the only part worth keeping. It's taken me years to build this up. My desktop is running two radion hd 5700's. The Dell monitor in the middle was cheaper than the Samsung monitors on either side, even though it's a 23" and they are only 21's. They're 1600X1200 and it's 1900X1200. The three up top are only 1024X768, and the oddball on the end is 768X1366. The desktop has 6 optical drives as well. I re-ripped my cd collection a few months back and didn't want it to take a year. Probably have a couple thousand cds.

Edited by barry99705

Just thought while people are uploading their setups id get a picture of mine up in here

at the moment my setup will do me fine , until i get a bit richer , and afford matching stands and monitors etc. :D

i have synergy running on my 3 Laptops and PC

My Old Laptop (still use when i need too) runs Backtrack R3 KDE /Win7 DualBoot

My Hack-top runs Backtrack Gnome R3

My Samsung is running windows 8

The two 15.4 inch monitors i got for like £10 at a computer fair they are attached too my main PC alongside with my projector.

My main PC is running Win 7 Ultimate

there are 3 netbooks ontop of my PC but there not worth mentioning 2 EEEPCC 701's and one samsung netbook

the samsung netbook is my girlfriends ubuntu laptop

one EEEPC has no keyboard , mouse , screen and runs windows xp " lite " i used too use it as a minecraft server :D

the other EEEPC is currently running an EEEPC android os i found online :)

dsc0001wu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wicked cool setups! Wish I had the time and room to do some of these.

• 2 weeks later...