Rasp Pi

m1k

I am following the evolution of the project,must say it could be the perfecy HACKMACHINE.

It gets power from usb,good excuse to connect to anybodys pc to "recharge".

Can plug a very inexpensive BT and show the pwnned how it can be use as a remote keyboard use an android phone.

Wardriver drone...perfect use.

Keylogger.....PI is very small.

Debian ARM and Fedora is running on this device.....a custom stripped backtrack arm is a dream?

Smart TV project.....

Video surveillance and video streaming....security monitoring...

I really think PI should be take as a base for 100 cool projects.

And I couldn't imagine a better place than here,HAK5 community!

Indeed raspberry pi is a cool machine but have you also looked at the beaglebone ? Since the rasp pi are a bit scarce atm if you don't want to wait for the delivery i suggest having a look at the latter device.

Regards,

Entity

Darren interviewed Ebon (created and founder of raspi) at MakerFaire last week...I smell an upcoming project

I've had mine on order for months - finally got the confirmation email that it will ship in another 2-3 weeks. I can't friggin wait

telot

I've had mine on order for months - finally got the confirmation email that it will ship in another 2-3 weeks. I can't friggin wait

I had mine delivered last week, it's pretty nifty looking, but as yet I've not had a chance to play with it. Spare keyboard I have

is screwed and seemed to be duplicating keypresses. (I might not be giving it enough power either).

hopefully I'll have more time in about a month.

Additionally I've got the beaglebone and the pandaboard. I've had the Reaver Crack running on both, and the ARM BackTrack running on the Pandaboard

with command line only.

I've got too many projects and not enough time :(

Dioxin

This would make a great pineapple mark 5? lol

seriously it has a lot more power with cpu and ram, only it does not include on board Atheros based wifi:-(

I agree but think it would only take off if it was in the hak shop

yes - it works great with the alphas!

Spare keyboard I have

is screwed and seemed to be duplicating keypresses. (I might not be giving it enough power either).

I had the same prob, just replugged the KB and all was good.

(the Pis are *picky* on USB hubs, took me 3 or 4 to find one it liked)

and for almost a BT for the Pi:

http://www.toolswatch.org/2012/05/pwnpi-v1-0-pen-testing-raspberry-pi/

Yes the USB's seem to be picky in general - not just with hubs. I tried my wireless keyboard/mouse (only 1 usb stick so I'd have one spare) but randoms key presses get dropped - even when thats the only thing plugged into it. Also neither the 036H or the 036NHA work plugged in direct to the pineapple - even when using a wired keyboard (no mouse) - they just suck too much power...which could mean its my power supply as well. I tried a hub and things seem to work ok for a while but die off (most likely the hub?). The other issue relating to USB is the fact that the ethernet port is actually a usb-to-ethernet adapter, so it shares bandwidth with the two usb ports...basically the pi is finicky as hell and requires a lot of patience and trial/error. If you're not up for this back n forth frustration, I'd hold off a bit until people have developed lists of "Ok, I know for a fact that this configuration works solid" - until then its a giant guessing game.

telot

Edited by telot