Forum Tweaking out for anyone?

PoyBoy

Yeah, noticed that to. Used to be able to keep track of things via the stars. Now for the last week i keep being logged out, everything marked as read etc.. Firefox 1.5 (+ latest updates) and no extensions messing with anything.

Been happening to me in IE6 for quite a while but it's getting much much rarer these days.... it happened yesterday actually... I mentioned it but I think I got "use a real browser"... looks like the FF folk have it too now though... :/

Note: Dunno about Firefox but it seems to happen if you've got the forums open in 1 IE window and then click a link on IRC or whatever that leads to somewhere else on the forums...

E.g. I'm looking at a post in Everything Else then someone gives me a link to a post in Polls... I click the link and now every post is marked as read in both windows...

I actually fear that this might have more to do with Dreamhost flaking out a bit over the last few days. Personally, I don't see this.

When the stars start to act up, it typically means I've been running my browser for too long, and need to restart it. About once every 2 weeks or so.

I figured it was something to do with cookies or something... I could be wrong though... I've heard people say that when their browser has been open too long it happens but I get it and I shut down at the end of each night and sometimes a few times during the night too...

I haven't noticed it here, but it happens every now and again on a forum I do techie stuff for.

The problem was the phpBB sessions table. We had problems with it filling up and producing an error. The official solution (one of them at least) was a bit of code that wipes the older sessions from the table every now and again. You guys have anything like that in place?

This has been reoccuring for me lately so I figured I would ask if anyone has had the same problem.

Everytime I open the forum page, I'm logged out, but I have it set to remember me. And this is even when I close the page, walk away fro 5 minutes, and come back. Never did that before about a week ago.

Secondly, everytime I log in, I don't have any stories marked at 'unread'. Even though I know that there are a few.

I'm not complaining but just wanted to notify the head's of this problem.