Mk3 Flashing Guide

Please let me know if you have any correction or additions!

Jasager MK3 Flashing Guide:

V1: Updated

V2: Updated

v2.2: Updated

v2.3: Updated

v2.4: Updated

v2.5: Updated

v2.6: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwPcnMovxGWJZTE3M2EwOTktZTQ3NS00YjU5LWExNWEtZDQ2YTk2MTY5NmNj

Currently a PDF hosted on Google Docs, will enter into post format soon!

Update: tested flashing an AP51 in various ways to find the way to get it to almost always flash

Update: V2.5 has been completed and uploaded, still working on V3 which will have the linux flashing section

Note: make SURE you get the needed file listed, when flashing either the instant you see No Packet plug in your router or as soon as you hit go and see the first two lines detecting the files appear plug in your router, but i during testing have left the tool running for over 30sec and then plugged in the router and it still flashed, redboot which boot and is whats used to flash the router has a very specific time frame it allows a connection after the router gets power and is what teh flash tool connects to to flash the new firmware, also after setting a static/manual IP make sure you follow my steps as listed and set both IP and DNS back to dynamic after the flash tool closes.

Edited by Ghostshell

God damn I love you guys soooo much!!! Just ordered 2 more AP51's (thanks Mr. P for the tip in the other thread!), can't wait to setup my battery of evil goodness!!! :)

Is there any "locked" issues with these 2 I ordered, or can I just go ahead and flash 'em up straight out of the box?

Thanks again all!

God damn I love you guys soooo much!!! Just ordered 2 more AP51's (thanks Mr. P for the tip in the other thread!), can't wait to setup my battery of evil goodness!!! :)

Is there any "locked" issues with these 2 I ordered, or can I just go ahead and flash 'em up straight out of the box?

Thanks again all!

You can flash them straight out of the box

Regards,

Sebkinne

You sir are the man. I have just received mine which I think im going to flash because I cant seem to access the pineapple at all. If i read correctly - all i need to do is use the flash gui with Sebs files and that is all? No packages need to be installed?

You sir are the man. I have just received mine which I think im going to flash because I cant seem to access the pineapple at all. If i read correctly - all i need to do is use the flash gui with Sebs files and that is all? No packages need to be installed?

Correct.

Hey, I have currently been flashing for the past half hour and I'm a little concerned it isnt doing anything. It's been sitting on your ip 192.168.0.0 for a while now. Is this normal? I see very little activity on the link light also

Edited by singh763173

Hey, I have currently been flashing for the past half hour and I'm a little concerned it isnt doing anything. It's been sitting on your ip 192.168.0.0 for a while now. Is this normal? I see very little activity on the link light also

Try aborting the flash and re-flashing. Should help.

Best,

Sebkinne

Hey,

I aborted and it didn't work. So I started thinking, as I'm reflashing surely I need to be on the same scope as what was initially assigned so I changed from 192.168.1.100 to 172.16.42.100 and it started doing its thing!

It booted up and I managed to open up the UI and connected to it wirelessly also! Thanks for your help!

Hey,

I aborted and it didn't work. So I started thinking, as I'm reflashing surely I need to be on the same scope as what was initially assigned so I changed from 192.168.1.100 to 172.16.42.100 and it started doing its thing!

It booted up and I managed to open up the UI and connected to it wirelessly also! Thanks for your help!

What router?

*edited*

Had a few issues, seemed the flash wouldn't take on my AP51 MK3 from hakshop.

If you're using a Windows 7 machine, and it's the one you've configured to work with the pineapple using the Quick Start method, and everything is working fine as is:

- you do NOT need to reconfigure your eth. Continue to use 42.42.

I then followed the Ghost's guide.

However, I'd tried it before this, and it didn't take, used both a patch and a crossover, neither worked.

When it finally worked, I'd made sure that I was *quick* to hit the router power as soon as "no packet" came up, within a second. Only then did it take...FreiFunk started showing the transfer of the files, indicated it was flashing the fs and kernel, etc, and finished about 4 minutes later.

The other odd thing was that I was running ping /t against 42.1 the entire time. Wanted to see if when I tried it again exactly when the interface came to life. Sure enough, that, and being quick on the power, was when it took.

So, for what it's worth, if you're having trouble, maybe some of the above will be helpful.

Summary: If you're running Windows 7, have a hakshop AP51 MK3, and you're using the machine you setup in Quick Start for the MK3, you don't have to change the eth IP, just follow the rest of Ghost's guide.

Also maybe helpful for some: You can confirm that WinPcap is installed and running on W7 by doing the following:

Start/Run/msinfo32 Then: Software Environment/System Drivers/NPF confirm that it's running in the far right column. If you see it there, that's WinPcap, and you're good. If not, get it started, or reinstall 4.1.2

Sorry for the long post, figured maybe there'd be some helpful info in there. It's replacing my pre-got-it-fixed post. :)

Thanks Ghost for putting that guide together!!

Edited by hfam

same question here guys.

Flash process is stalled, likely, because of an incorrect IP listed in the guide. A few posts up it was mentioned to use 172.16.42.100 and below asking if 172.16.42.1 is correct. Can you guys please shed some light on which IP should be used (for the AP51 from the hakshop).

Cheers,

Diggs

Just a question for future reference, how do i check if Winpcap is actually running?

Also, for the HakShop bought one, do i use the IP in your tutorial, or 172.16.42.1?

Cheers.

I had the same issue.

My mistake was using the 192.168.0.100 IP in the guide

Correction was to use the Default Gateway (172.16.42.42) of the Pineapple AP51 when redirecting the wired ethernet device for flash.

Cheers,

Diggs

*edited*

Had a few issues, seemed the flash wouldn't take on my AP51 MK3 from hakshop.

If you're using a Windows 7 machine, and it's the one you've configured to work with the pineapple using the Quick Start method, and everything is working fine as is:

- you do NOT need to reconfigure your eth. Continue to use 42.42.

I then followed the Ghost's guide.

However, I'd tried it before this, and it didn't take, used both a patch and a crossover, neither worked.

When it finally worked, I'd made sure that I was *quick* to hit the router power as soon as "no packet" came up, within a second. Only then did it take...FreiFunk started showing the transfer of the files, indicated it was flashing the fs and kernel, etc, and finished about 4 minutes later.

The other odd thing was that I was running ping /t against 42.1 the entire time. Wanted to see if when I tried it again exactly when the interface came to life. Sure enough, that, and being quick on the power, was when it took.

So, for what it's worth, if you're having trouble, maybe some of the above will be helpful.

Summary: If you're running Windows 7, have a hakshop AP51 MK3, and you're using the machine you setup in Quick Start for the MK3, you don't have to change the eth IP, just follow the rest of Ghost's guide.

Also maybe helpful for some: You can confirm that WinPcap is installed and running on W7 by doing the following:

Start/Run/msinfo32 Then: Software Environment/System Drivers/NPF confirm that it's running in the far right column. If you see it there, that's WinPcap, and you're good. If not, get it started, or reinstall 4.1.2

Sorry for the long post, figured maybe there'd be some helpful info in there. It's replacing my pre-got-it-fixed post. :)

Thanks Ghost for putting that guide together!!

Props to you Hfam, pinging it and making sure you plug the power in

AS SOON as the first 'No Packet' message appears really does the trick,

seeing messages now so heres hoping! :)

Right, flashing worked, but now it wont let me connect to http://172.16.42.1/pineapple

or ping the IP, any ideas?

SOLUTION: Set the IPv4 settings to automatic, sorted!

Edited by TheKingUnderTheHill

AP51 flashed successfully. Thanks everyone.

Next issue...

Karma is enabled

URL Snarf is enabled

ngrep is enabled

I can see my devices associating from the DHCP log, however, with URLSNARF enabled I don't see any traffic flowing through and the same issue with ngrep.

Ideas?