Mk3 Flashing Guide

Props to you Hfam, pinging it and making sure you plug the power in

AS SOON as the first 'No Packet' message appears really does the trick,

seeing messages now so heres hoping! :)

Right, flashing worked, but now it wont let me connect to http://172.16.42.1/pineapple

or ping the IP, any ideas?

SOLUTION: Set the IPv4 settings to automatic, sorted!

ya going back to dynamic is in teh last part of the flashing steps, always a kicker

Just a question for future reference, how do i check if Winpcap is actually running?

JUST FINISHED!

Went perfectly, thanks for the hard work on the instructions Ghost, Mr-Protocol and SEB

From the WinPCap FAQ -->http://www.winpcap.org/misc/faq.htm#Q-3

Q-3: How can I see if WinPcap is currently running on my Win2K/XP/2k3 machine?

A: Click on the Start button and then on run. Type msinfo32. The System Information panel will show up. Choose Software Environment, then System Drivers. The entry NPF should appear there. If you launched a WinPcap application previously, the state should be running. Remember that WinPcap should have been run at least one time in order to appear in this list.

If you have purchased the MK3 from the HakShop and want the simple winblows (oops did I say that?) GUI method use the AP51-flash-gui-1.0-42.exe utility.

Use the instructions provided by Ghost and go to page 5.

Once you set your ethernet connection back to dhcp you should be able to ping 172.16.42.1 .... Allow the interface some extra time to fire up (maybe 5 minutes) and connect using the web browser to http://172.16.42.1/pineapple

Edited by wcs

same question here guys.

Flash process is stalled, likely, because of an incorrect IP listed in the guide. A few posts up it was mentioned to use 172.16.42.100 and below asking if 172.16.42.1 is correct. Can you guys please shed some light on which IP should be used (for the AP51 from the hakshop).

Cheers,

Diggs

redboot auto uses and is coded with the range 192.168.0.XX it will never use the IP range 172.16.42.XX, that is only for when you go to connect to the pineapple after you have finished flashing as listed as the last step to set your ethernet back to dynamic.

JUST FINISHED!

Went perfectly, thanks for the hard work on the instructions Ghost, Mr-Protocol and SEB

From the WinPCap FAQ -->http://www.winpcap.org/misc/faq.htm#Q-3

Q-3: How can I see if WinPcap is currently running on my Win2K/XP/2k3 machine?

A: Click on the Start button and then on run. Type msinfo32. The System Information panel will show up. Choose Software Environment, then System Drivers. The entry NPF should appear there. If you launched a WinPcap application previously, the state should be running. Remember that WinPcap should have been run at least one time in order to appear in this list.

If you have purchased the MK3 from the HakShop and want the simple winblows (oops did I say that?) GUI method use the AP51-flash-gui-1.0-42.exe utility.

Use the instructions provided by Ghost and go to page 5.

Once you set your ethernet connection back to dhcp you should be able to ping 172.16.42.1 .... Allow the interface some extra time to fire up (maybe 5 minutes) and connect using the web browser to http://172.16.42.1/pineapple

Thanks WCS, i will add this to the guide which will help out for sure!

same question here guys.

Flash process is stalled, likely, because of an incorrect IP listed in the guide. A few posts up it was mentioned to use 172.16.42.100 and below asking if 172.16.42.1 is correct. Can you guys please shed some light on which IP should be used (for the AP51 from the hakshop).

Cheers,

Diggs

To just connect to the pineapple after flash or when you get it delivered from the hakshop 172.16.42.1 is the router IP with the web interface at 172.16.42.1/pineapple, when flashing you can leave your IP dynamic or set it to 192.168.1.100, if you set it to static make sure you follow the last steps and set it back to dynamic, if you are done flashing or got yours just delivered, make sure you have a dynamic IP chosen or set a static of 172.16.42.XXX

Edited by Ghostshell

i flash my alfa ap51 with the freifunk gui tool(special mode shift+5 times left click on the freifunk logo, no redboot needed) but it stuck at:

Peer Mac: xxxxxxx

Peer Ip: 10.0.0.1

Your mac: xxxxxx

Your iP: 10.0.0.0

i´ve set the ethernet dynamic

can anybody help me?

i flash my alfa ap51 with the freifunk gui tool(special mode shift+5 times left click on the freifunk logo, no redboot needed) but it stuck at:

Peer Mac: xxxxxxx

Peer Ip: 10.0.0.1

Your mac: xxxxxx

Your iP: 10.0.0.0

i´ve set the ethernet dynamic

can anybody help me?

Make sure that you have Winpcap installed and running. Also try running the freifunk tool using administrator (Rick click> Run as administrator)

Another quick question I just wanted to throw out there real quick - Am I right to believe that If I had a AP51 (straight out of the box - Brand New with no previous flash) That I can flash it straight away without any other work using the Freifunk Tool and Sebs firmware?

Yup, you betcha...

Another quick question I just wanted to throw out there real quick - Am I right to believe that If I had a AP51 (straight out of the box - Brand New with no previous flash) That I can flash it straight away without any other work using the Freifunk Tool and Sebs firmware?