problems with updating win xp

1337n00b

This is more of a story that I went through last night. I just built two custom pcs for my friend and his mom. His mom had me order a legit copy of XP Pro SP2. So I found a copy online for 89 dollars. So I installed the copy on both machines, first his moms then his. I updated Windows fine on her machine but when I tried to update Windows on his machine, I found out I blacklisted the serial. So I got the serial and called MS Tech Support. The women I talked to said that you need to purchase a copy of XP for each machine. So I literally bitched her out for MS trying to force their customers to spend a fortune on a pos os.

I told my friend about it and he was like "good lord". And he hooked me up with a link to this site, and I must say thank christ for this site. I fucking hate ms.

http://windowsupdate.62nds.com/

This is more of a story that I went through last night. I just built two custom pcs for my friend and his mom. His mom had me order a legit copy of XP Pro SP2. So I found a copy online for 89 dollars. So I installed the copy on both machines, first his moms then his. I updated Windows fine on her machine but when I tried to update Windows on his machine, I found out I blacklisted the serial. So I got the serial and called MS Tech Support. The women I talked to said that you need to purchase a copy of XP for each machine. So I literally bitched her out for MS trying to force their customers to spend a fortune on a pos os.

I told my friend about it and he was like "good lord". And he hooked me up with a link to this site, and I must say thank christ for this site. I fucking hate ms.

I think you are a 1337n00b when it comes to dealing with people, complaining and insulting never helps. If you had been nice and feigned slight ignorance they could just as well have given you a free license. It happens regularily.

I think you are a 1337n00b when it comes to dealing with people, complaining and insulting never helps. If you had been nice and feigned slight ignorance they could just as well have given you a free license. It happens regularily.

Lol, w/e man. I tried to be nice at first, I told her I had to personal XP machines. I told her about the updates problem and she told me that I needed to order another copy of XP. Then I asked about the licensing and she furthermore told me taht I need to buy another copy of XP. So I flamed her and hung up.

@1337n00b

You honestly sound like a kid because you have people skills. Yes what they do is stupid but at the same time. You were the one in the wrong they specify it everywhere that you need a seperate copy of XP for each machine. Its not like you honeslty say you didn't know this before you called them and if you did then you truely are a n00b. There are though very simple and easy ways around this problem but for that you will have to do a little research. :) Have fun and keep learning but at the same time be nice to people or you will never get very far in life. :wink:

I hate admitting this, but I think age is indeed an indication of maturity level for the vast majority of people. I think this incident has lent a hand to this notion.

I am 19 also. I'd like to think I'm mature for my age... I thank you, 1337n00b. You've just made me feel better about my own levels of maturity ;)

I hate admitting this, but I think age is indeed an indication of maturity level for the vast majority of people. I think this incident has lent a hand to this notion.

I am 19 also. I'd like to think I'm mature for my age... I thank you, 1337n00b. You've just made me feel better about my own levels of maturity ;)

LOL, cool. Here's a slight fact about me. I was under severe adhd all childhood and I still suffer from it. Though I've matured alot since I was a kid, I'm still a bit immature. So yeah..thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Hmm, do you take medication/assistance for the condition? I didn't mean that at all in jest-I know people with it and they find it hard to control, most people find it easier with age, I imagine because of raging hormones in your teenage years.

Hmm, do you take medication/assistance for the condition? I didn't mean that at all in jest-I know people with it and they find it hard to control, most people find it easier with age, I imagine because of raging hormones in your teenage years.

Not anymore, I used to be doped up on retaline for years. But I'm not even 1/4th as hyper anymore. The main thing right now is my lack of attention span. So they don't see the need to buy any medication for me because I'm not anywhere near what I used to be.

Yup generally. The gap between high school to college its huge.

Then from college to Employment its slightlymore mature. Depending more on personality not age anymore.

LOL, cool. Here's a slight fact about me. I was under severe adhd all childhood and I still suffer from it. Though I've matured alot since I was a kid, I'm still a bit immature. So yeah..thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Uhhh,... Buddy thats not a good way to go about it...

That's the problem with the current generation. They were told they had a problem at an early age, doped up on meds, and now they've got an excuse. :roll:

edit: that was kinda mean. sorry.

That's the problem with the current generation. They were told they had a problem at an early age, doped up on meds, and now they've got an excuse. :roll:

edit: that was kinda mean. sorry.

Hey man, I laughed at u when u broke your finger, so its cool.

actually aardwolf I completely agree with you. This new generation is full of excuses. But yes. They're told they have all these things wrong with them and they give up on themselves in a way. It's pathtic. And whats worse is they find someone to justify it in their mind and dont do anything to "fix it"

How can you fix adhd without taking meds and growing out of it? Please explain that to me. And ADHD is a disorder, I don't care if you think it's bullshit or not. I know, I suffered from it and I have alot of embarassing moments from my childhood due to it. The only thing you can really do about it is take meds and grow out of it.

So if you think that this generation is using a disorder as an excuse, kiss my hackler butt.