The Social Network

okiwan

just watched the social network. great movie. not a facebook fan but i liked the movie allot. the first 20 min. is about hacking, and then later in the film mark hires one of his first coders by having a hacking/drinking contest. pretty cool movie. go watch it.

Will torrent it tonight and watch it.

theres only a cam release so far. its a little dark but its watchable and the audio is ok. i wanted to wait for a TS or an R5 but i really wanted to see this.

When was this movie released?

it came out in theaters 22 days ago.

Its a shame Australia is always behind other countries, when it comes to movies.

Movie made me rage a bit, especially when he 'hacked' the directories of the pictures at the beginning. All he did was write an automatic downloading script >_>

well he did break into what ever systems were storing the pics. and he explained he had to write the script for the one system because it only let him copy one file at a time. and keep in mind he did all that and set up the facemash site in one night while drunk.

can i just be the sensible one n say illegal torrents are still illegal and shouldnt be discussed on the board.

regardless whether you think its ok or not ;)

i havnt seen this yet but will 'check it out later' :D

can i just be the sensible one n say illegal torrents are still illegal and shouldnt be discussed on the board.

regardless whether you think its ok or not ;)

i havnt seen this yet but will 'check it out later' :D

freedom of speech.

an no one is posting links to anything.

Well said, I was only referring that I was going to be downloading it off torrents.

No torrent links have been provided, so no one is pirating nothing yet.

Guest Deleted_Account

And technically it's not illegal in every country :P for example here in Canada downloading music without paying is perfectly legal (although I still buy CD's as I prefer physical copies). As for the movie I am going to see it next weekend hopefully. I hope it's as good as it looks!

And technically it's not illegal in every country :P for example here in Canada downloading music without paying is perfectly legal (although I still buy CD's as I prefer physical copies). As for the movie I am going to see it next weekend hopefully. I hope it's as good as it looks!

I download lots of movies off the internet and tend to buy them afterwards. So in a way I am also helping the movie industry, by pirating and at the same time buying the movie.

Guest Deleted_Account
I download lots of movies off the internet and tend to buy them afterwards. So in a way I am also helping the movie industry, by pirating and at the same time buying the movie.

Pretty much. It's like trying before buying. I read somewhere (not sure if its true) that is legal to download movies, software etc. for 24 hours and delete it after/before 24 hours is over. Not sure if it's true though :P