Tv Shows

okiwan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I didn't say firefly in my original post, and I'm pretty sure I didn't say it in ay other posts, but didn't want to check all of them. I thought it was an awesome show, camera work reminded me of Battlestar Galactica. My wife thought it seemed cheap and unprofessional, but I think it added an extra something, like a rugged feel to the shows which I loved.

i seriously been watching too much IT Crowd. im starting to use english words like bollocks and others. and the voice in my head when i read something now has an english accent. im on my 3rd go around of the series. see! go around. americans dont say that!

It might just be me, but I feel that Dexter isn't the same show this season. I feel like it's missing a driving force or something.

its only been two episodes. give it time.

they had to establish the fact that his wife died an he was stuck with the kids etc... now the wifes kids are gone living at the grandparents, so its just him an the baby

. i think things will start to pick up soon.

so who saw south park tonight making fun of jersey?

heh. as soon as i heard what it was about, i went & downloaded it. gonna watch it on my lunch break today, and i hope they tore 'em a new one w/ cutdowns galore ... can't wait

Edited by foo

I don't watch south park, but I did see this on digg this morning.

http://blastr.com/2010/10/image-of-the-day-starship-1.php

They think the original enterprise is in the season finale of Battlestar Galactica. I think it could look like it, but it could also look like pretty much anything. Reading through the comments, there was talk of Serenity from Firefly in the first episode, and it's true.

Not sure if this should go in the TV shows thread or the random fact thread.

My sister watches Jersey Shore... That show is the worst thing I've seen since ever.

I have a weird obsession with Ghost Hunters and shows similar to it.

My sister watches Jersey Shore... That show is the worst thing I've seen since ever.

I have a weird obsession with Ghost Hunters and shows similar to it.

that show makes me embarrassed to say im from jersey. i try to make it a point that half the people on that show are not even from jersey. yet some how they managed to create a following and a style for people to mold themselves after. they should relocate their house to camden or jersey city or newark, or one of the many other cities here where they would get murdered.

well im up to date with The big Bang Theory. for some reason i find is necessary to compare it to The IT Crowd. The Big Bang Theory has very funny jokes, and is more realistic, and uses real world references, as opposed to The IT Crowd, which is a bit more slapstick. also uses made up things like "friendface" where The Big Bang Theory actually mentions things like twitter, ubuntu, etc... Yes The IT Crowd does make some real references too, but not as much. it seems like the writters for TBBT know more about the tech world the the writters for TITC.

that said i come to my conclusion of

The IT Crowd > The Big Bang Theory

why you ask? for one simple reason. almost every single episode of TBBT is about relationships and sex and awkwardness. blah blah blah. its like American Pie for techies. its still a good show and ill still watch it but

LONG LIVE THE IT CROWD.

• 2 weeks later...
I love Doctor Who, which first season did you watch, the one with chistopher ellecston (sp) or the original one (B&W)?

My favorite Doctor so far is David Tenant.

i have to agree. i just started season 5 of doctor who an i miss david tenant already. i only just watched the first episode of season 5 so ill still give matt smith a chance. but i donno if he can live up to david. he was awesome. rose was the best companion too. im really gettin into this show. this is my new favorite sci-fi show. top of the list.

If you want to watch a good TV show watch, "The Big Bang Theory".

Its very funny.