Where to buy a fon ?

timmy

Since the introduction Fonera 2.0N Fon has removed La Fonera and La Fonera+ i know maybe they are avaiable on the site to other countries. The only router that Fon sells to canada is the new fonera2.0N. Anyone know a place/ site where i can get a fon or fon+ in canada ? Thnx

Will the Jasager package work on another wireless bridge router, such as the ECB3500? The ECB3500 device uses the Atheros 2416 chip instead of the 2415. The difference seems to be the addition of Super-G mode. The ECB3500 has 32MB SDRAM and 8MB of flash.

Yes DigiNinja has got it successfully working on these routers

"Works fine on Ubiquiti Bullets and Picostations"

so check these out

There's 4MB memory in the Ubiquiti vs 8MB in the Fon or the ECB3500. Would there be an advantage to have more memory later for more stuff? The ECB3500 is pretty easy to find. I can't even find FON on ebay. I aaw a cheap Nano2 but I wasn't sure it would be useful.

There's 4MB memory in the Ubiquiti vs 8MB in the Fon or the ECB3500. Would there be an advantage to have more memory later for more stuff? The ECB3500 is pretty easy to find. I can't even find FON on ebay. I aaw a cheap Nano2 but I wasn't sure it would be useful.

YES, there is a huge advantage to having 8MB of flash memory. That is one of the 3 best things about the Fon.

i.e. Cheap, Atheros, and an astonishing 8MB of flash.

Looking at the DD-WRT list of router specs it seems that the FON is the only router that has this much flash memory. You see all the applications are installed in the Flash memory. So the more flash you have the more your router can do. Like I installed OpenVPN on my FON and then connect it to my off-shore anonymous OpenVPN account. This way All traffic from any computer connected to the FON is automatically untrackable by the NSA, which vary openly monitors ALL Internet traffic in the USA. Not to mention the ISP and all the servers keeping logs of everything you do. Or people that want to sue you for downloading copyrighted content. You can install Nmap or have SSH tunnels setup. You can do loads of stuff.... Have it download torrents for you.

Basically, the more flash memory the cooler the firmware and the more applications you can have installed on the router. However, the only place I know of to buy a FON is form Daren.

Hi,

I'm in the uk and was hopeing to build my own FON, all i'm able to find at the moment is a Fonera+. could i use this to build the Jasager, if not does anyone know where i can get a fon to build Jasager in the uk please :-D

Many Thanks,

Sprouty

Ya you can. I could be wrong but from what I remember the only real different between the + and the non+ is that the + has an extra Ethernet port. I think some other components are different too but none of the ones that would effect compatibility.

Hi,

I'm in the uk and was hopeing to build my own FON, all i'm able to find at the moment is a Fonera+. could i use this to build the Jasager, if not does anyone know where i can get a fon to build Jasager in the uk please :-D

Many Thanks,

Sprouty

I'm in the UK; the wife bought me a Fon+ from the Fon shop for Christmas! I have finally flashed it with Jasager, but because the UK Fon+ is listening on 0.0.0.0 it can't be hacked over Ethernet or Wireless without building a usb to serial cable first :(. I just posted a guide to unlocking the UK Fon+. After you've made the cable (just follow DigiNinja's guide) it's actually super easy to flash the Fon+ thanks to the firmware package DigiNinja has put together. Hope that helps. Happy new year Sprouty!