(Pandora) Saver2

ZigZagJoe

ZigZagJoe,

I notice that in Grooveshark, when Saver2 captures songs from Grooveshark's Radio, all the spaces are stripped out of the mp3's album, artist, and title metadata and also the file name. For example:

"TheDoobieBrothers - ItKeepsYouRunnin'.mp3"

I haven't had this happen when I click and record individual songs or playlists that I have created in Grooveshark. It only happens (for me) when I want to start recording from the Grooveshark's radio feature. The radio is real handy as it doesn't require me to build playlists (or reseed like in Pandora).

Don't know if anything can be done about it, but wanted to let you know.

Thanks!

Re: Pandora 'friend', aka book marked people stations

Either they've changed things or I was mistaken (or I am now), as I cannot now add or play more 'friend' or bookmarked people stations if I have 100 already, of whatever type; they all count toward the 100 station limit.

:blink:-------------angry.gif

I belatedly created the Pandora folder in the Saver2Betat2-1 folder as directed, deleted some stations and added back to the limit and tried to add more if anything in that folder would be of use to you in trying to do something on this....

If you had just re-downloaded it, that changed to "PXMLS" folder name rather than pandora (ie. has to be that name).

Hmm, well, i suppose that makes it easy to do shared stations. Just need an add station function by ID or sniff from URL.

Also, re-uploaded a fixed version at normal link because a parse error was causing all tags to be done via fallback and moreover all spaces were removed in fallback (major d'oh). Just now found that when i went to listen to gs myself, lol. Not sure how i missed it. They were getting stripped due to all the fallback mode tags being run through a function to strip garbage chars because the id3 tags are prone to getting them (probably a bug in the id3 lib, but i didn't write it and dont really know how it works proper).

ZigZagJoe,

I notice that in Grooveshark, when Saver2 captures songs from Grooveshark's Radio, all the spaces are stripped out of the mp3's album, artist, and title metadata and also the file name. For example:

"TheDoobieBrothers - ItKeepsYouRunnin'.mp3"

I haven't had this happen when I click and record individual songs or playlists that I have created in Grooveshark. It only happens (for me) when I want to start recording from the Grooveshark's radio feature. The radio is real handy as it doesn't require me to build playlists (or reseed like in Pandora).

Don't know if anything can be done about it, but wanted to let you know.

Thanks!

Yah, just found this myself, re-download it. Btw, even if gs is not displaying the album art it should be downloaded by saver2. However, if it is using the fallback mode, it would not save the album art. I can probably get radio mode working though (ie using proper tags and aart) just need to get a sample of metadata

OK, radio meta support is now added and the usual link has been updated. Also, the aart bug was fixed (was due to a line i misplaced when updating to the new parsing stuff)

Yah, just found this myself, re-download it. Btw, even if gs is not displaying the album art it should be downloaded by saver2. However, if it is using the fallback mode, it would not save the album art. I can probably get radio mode working though (ie using proper tags and aart) just need to get a sample of metadata

Thanks, that fixed the stripping of the spaces with the use of the radio. The file name and the meta data is coming in good.

Unfortunately, I am no longer getting any of the album art when using the radio. Maybe that's what you were referring to when you posted you could "probably get radio mode working..." ?

Thanks, that fixed the stripping of the spaces with the use of the radio. The file name and the meta data is coming in good.

Unfortunately, I am no longer getting any of the album art when using the radio. Maybe that's what you were referring to when you posted you could "probably get radio mode working..." ?

Updated once more which should probably fix that. I've also made it keep the existing AART in a file if it is bigger than the grooveshark-sourced image.

Greetings all - N00b here.

ZZJoe - thanks for developing such a brilliant app.

It's working great for me with one minor issue - the per-station playlist worked for about 6 songs and then stopped. I'm not sure but I think this may have coincided with my turning on turbo mode(turning it off doesn't seem to have helped). I do still get the 'newMusic.m3u' just fine however.

I spent some time searching for this issue but came up with zilch... so either I've found a new way to break it, or I'm an idiot with search terms (possibly both!).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Greetings all - N00b here.

ZZJoe - thanks for developing such a brilliant app.

It's working great for me with one minor issue - the per-station playlist worked for about 6 songs and then stopped. I'm not sure but I think this may have coincided with my turning on turbo mode(turning it off doesn't seem to have helped). I do still get the 'newMusic.m3u' just fine however.

I spent some time searching for this issue but came up with zilch... so either I've found a new way to break it, or I'm an idiot with search terms (possibly both!).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Check that Create Playlists is checked under saver2 -> pandora ->configuration (or saver2 -> configuration, plugins tab, select Pandora client and hit configure). Just tested it here and it's working fine, so dunno what could be wrong. Try posting a log. (file, log viewer, double click anywhere in the window) Just ran 30 songs over 6 stations in turbo and without, so don't know what could be doing it.

After a while turbo mode stops working, the rest of the program works fine, it just does not auto download the song and plays through them in spite of saying that turbo mode is on. Here is a link to the log file up until the song where it stops working. Thanks for the help!

LOG

You are using an old version of PandoraSaver, for starters - I'd recommend you update to Saver2 (what this thread is about). If you need the re-encoding to mp3, use the standalone pandora client i wrote (also part of the s2 download) which will always download mp3s, regardless of pandora one status, and doesn't need to convert.

Anyways, what's going on here is: 11/23/2009 22:46:23 PS: Pending songs is at 46: disabling turbo mode!

Any more and bad things would happen. You can "fix" this by raising the queue amount in advanced settings (somewhere around there forgot what the old interface looks like). It will still happen, just will take longer to occur.

The problem is caused by you using re-encode: it takes time to reencode files meanwhile turbo is putting a new file onto the stack every say 15 seconds while it takes about a minute to encode.

Small non-crucial update uploaded: Fixes some bugs in the song search dialog (deleting everything preventing other searches) and performance has been improved to some degree. Authentication will never fail with a OUT_OF_SYNC error (caused by a bad system clock).

i just managed to make a wine prefix that runs SProxy but it doesnt really work so far anyway heres the exception i got when i tried to launch the pandora client

11/24/09 5:04:36 PM WineBottlerStarter[80739] Std:11/24/2009 5:04:36 PM Something has went horribly wrong in SProxy.

Exception Information:

'Unable to enumerate the process modules.'

at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetModuleInfos(Int32 processId, Boolean firstModuleOnly)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_MainModule()

at Pandora.PandoraClientForm.SetHook(LowLevelKeyboardProc proc) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\Client.Hook.cs:line 74

at Pandora.PandoraClientForm.DoHook() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\Client.Hook.cs:line 62

at Pandora.PandoraClientForm..ctor() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\PandoraClientForm.cs:line 28

at Pandora.PandoraC.launch(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\Pandora.Client.cs:line 62

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()

at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)

at System.Windows.Forms.C

11/24/09 5:04:36 PM WineBottlerStarter[80739] Std:ontrol.WmCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Caused by: System

i just managed to make a wine prefix that runs SProxy but it doesnt really work so far anyway heres the exception i got when i tried to launch the pandora client

11/24/09 5:04:36 PM WineBottlerStarter[80739] Std:11/24/2009 5:04:36 PM Something has went horribly wrong in SProxy.

Exception Information:

'Unable to enumerate the process modules.'

at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetModuleInfos(Int32 processId, Boolean firstModuleOnly)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_MainModule()

at Pandora.PandoraClientForm.SetHook(LowLevelKeyboardProc proc) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\Client.Hook.cs:line 74

at Pandora.PandoraClientForm.DoHook() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\Client.Hook.cs:line 62

at Pandora.PandoraClientForm..ctor() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\PandoraClientForm.cs:line 28

at Pandora.PandoraC.launch(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\Pandora.Client.cs:line 62

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()

at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)

at System.Windows.Forms.C

11/24/09 5:04:36 PM WineBottlerStarter[80739] Std:ontrol.WmCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Caused by: System

Try re-launching it a few times. Though, that reminds me, i was going to disable the hotkey support when in linux mode because it does nothing anyways. Will put a new version up in a bit.

I notice that on rare occasions, sproxy doesn't ever get to the mangling stage after downloading a song from grooveshark resulting in no save in my music folder. Even after numerous attempts there are specific songs that will not save.

I just started looking at possible causes. The last one that did that, the artist had a / in the name separating two artist names because it was a duet. Is it possible that the / in the artist name could be causing a problem? I'll try to start paying more attention to specifics whenever there is a failure to save.

There is also a substantial lack of album art being downloaded when using grooveshark, but I suspect that is due to the often terrible metadata that grooveshark provides for its tracks?

Thanks for all you do.

*** EDIT ***

Found another specific song that will not save that do not have "/" or other characters in the artist name. For example:

If you search for "Feels So Right" by Alabama, and play the one that has the album named Greatesthits. Saver2 will not save this file for me. Could it be something I am doing wrong? Another one is Whiskey Lullaby and it shows the artist as "Alison Krauss/Brad Paisley".

Please no jokes about the song choices as these are DEFINITELY not for me, LOL.

I notice that on rare occasions, sproxy doesn't ever get to the mangling stage after downloading a song from grooveshark resulting in no save in my music folder. Even after numerous attempts there are specific songs that will not save.

I just started looking at possible causes. The last one that did that, the artist had a / in the name separating two artist names because it was a duet. Is it possible that the / in the artist name could be causing a problem? I'll try to start paying more attention to specifics whenever there is a failure to save.

There is also a substantial lack of album art being downloaded when using grooveshark, but I suspect that is due to the often terrible metadata that grooveshark provides for its tracks?

Thanks for all you do.

*** EDIT ***

Found another specific song that will not save that do not have "/" or other characters in the artist name. For example:

If you search for "Feels So Right" by Alabama, and play the one that has the album named Greatesthits. Saver2 will not save this file for me. Could it be something I am doing wrong? Another one is Whiskey Lullaby and it shows the artist as "Alison Krauss/Brad Paisley".

Please no jokes about the song choices as these are DEFINITELY not for me, LOL.

Post a log. This may happen if gs uses an akamai or whatnot server for the file (aka. not the norm) as that is currently not handled. On the to-do list. Usually, listening to the song again and or reloading gs will cause another server to be used.

And yes, lack of aart is not uncommon on gs. Especially esoteric/not yet on cd tracks. If present it will be saved to the file and should be saved to the directory the song was put in.

Post a log. This may happen if gs uses an akamai or whatnot server for the file (aka. not the norm) as that is currently not handled. On the to-do list. Usually, listening to the song again and or reloading gs will cause another server to be used.

And yes, lack of aart is not uncommon on gs. Especially esoteric/not yet on cd tracks. If present it will be saved to the file and should be saved to the directory the song was put in.

Before I saw this reply, I installed Saver2 on my laptop and tried these songs and they failed also. I do see akamai come up in the sproxy status window before it fails each time. The log is below. Seems like these songs *always* attempt to download from akamai server as they fail every time. Out of a list of 30 songs I had 8 to fail. Multiple attempts on my desktop computer result in a failure every time for these 8 songs. Here is a partial log from the new install on my laptop showing two of the failures.

11/24/2009 8:49:50 PM    #31    GET http://listen.grooveshark.com/displayAd.php?sessionID=25dbe4fa9346c0f2b65650d365ec91ab
11/24/2009 8:50:16 PM    #32    POST http://cowbell.grooveshark.com/more.php?getStreamKeyFromSongID
11/24/2009 8:50:16 PM    #33    POST http://cowbell.grooveshark.com/service.php?addSongsToQueueExt
11/24/2009 8:50:16 PM    #32 POST 292 bytes to cowbell.grooveshark.com
11/24/2009 8:50:16 PM    #33 POST 370 bytes to cowbell.grooveshark.com
11/24/2009 8:50:17 PM    Grooveshark: #32 matched http://cowbell.grooveshark.com/*
11/24/2009 8:50:17 PM    Grooveshark: #33 matched http://cowbell.grooveshark.com/*
11/24/2009 8:50:17 PM    Grooveshark: getStreamKeyFromSongID: 7654353 -> e19e341ed96411de9f05
11/24/2009 8:50:17 PM    Grooveshark: sniffed Kenny Wayne Shepherd - "Blue on Black" on 'Trouble Is...' (ID 7654353)
11/24/2009 8:50:17 PM    #34    POST http://stream29akm.grooveshark.com/stream.php
11/24/2009 8:50:17 PM    #35    POST http://cowbell.grooveshark.com/more.php?markSongDownloaded
11/24/2009 8:50:18 PM    #34 POST 30 bytes to stream29akm.grooveshark.com
11/24/2009 8:50:18 PM    #35 POST 327 bytes to cowbell.grooveshark.com
11/24/2009 8:50:18 PM    Grooveshark: #34 matched http://stream*.grooveshark.com/stream.php
11/24/2009 8:50:18 PM    Grooveshark: #35 matched http://cowbell.grooveshark.com/*
11/24/2009 8:50:18 PM    #36    GET http://akamai.grooveshark.com/3878/18493878.mp3?__gda__=1259113848_10aa5d75997d16462f1c369377c056f8
11/24/2009 8:50:21 PM    #37    POST http://guts.grooveshark.com:8080/logserver/guts/log
11/24/2009 8:50:21 PM    #37 POST 1947 bytes to guts.grooveshark.com
11/24/2009 8:50:22 PM    #38    POST http://cowbell.grooveshark.com/more.php?markSongQueueSongPlayed
11/24/2009 8:50:22 PM    #38 POST 375 bytes to cowbell.grooveshark.com
11/24/2009 8:50:22 PM    Grooveshark: #38 matched http://cowbell.grooveshark.com/*
11/24/2009 8:50:31 PM    #39    POST http://guts.grooveshark.com:8080/logserver/guts/log
11/24/2009 8:50:31 PM    #39 POST 563 bytes to guts.grooveshark.com
11/24/2009 8:50:50 PM    #40    GET http://listen.grooveshark.com/displayAd.php?sessionID=25dbe4fa9346c0f2b65650d365ec91ab
11/24/2009 8:50:53 PM    #41    POST http://cowbell.grooveshark.com/service.php?markStreamKeyOver30Seconds
11/24/2009 8:50:53 PM    #41 POST 378 bytes to cowbell.grooveshark.com
11/24/2009 8:50:53 PM    Grooveshark: #41 matched http://cowbell.grooveshark.com/*
11/24/2009 8:51:50 PM    #42    GET http://listen.grooveshark.com/displayAd.php?sessionID=25dbe4fa9346c0f2b65650d365ec91ab
11/24/2009 8:52:31 PM    #43    GET /log

Thanks!

um, sorry but im a noob.

I can see the Pandora player thing working and playing. But how do you download the song and if it auto downloads where can i find it on my computer. Also does it name the file as the name of the song, can you give me an example? Is there a choice of formats? acc? mp3? I am running the newest post as of this post download link. I'm am running Firefox and vista.

Hope you can help!

ZigZagJoe all you have to do is follow the redirect for akamai servers (pretty easy took me about a minute)

Yes, I'm aware of that; it's not quite so simple from a man-in-the-middle perspective.

Need to wait for the client to follow the redirect and then the plugin needs to know associate that with the original request. The main problem is the simple plugin structure will nolonger work with having a secondary data url. This provides much of the structure for how the plugins work (define data url, define meta url, can use wildcards; you put meta with an id into knownsongs, when data url is triggered, provide a function to match the url with a song data.). So i'm going to need to modify it.

um, sorry but im a noob.

I can see the Pandora player thing working and playing. But how do you download the song and if it auto downloads where can i find it on my computer. Also does it name the file as the name of the song, can you give me an example? Is there a choice of formats? acc? mp3? I am running the newest post as of this post download link. I'm am running Firefox and vista.

Hope you can help!

How did you launch the client?

Did you run sproxy.exe and click pandora client, or click pandora.exe?

If you used sproxy, by default, they save to a folder named "Saved Music" in the same folder as sproxy.exe.

If you ran pandora.exe you can't save songs - you will need to run sproxy.exe and click pandora client on the menu.

When using the pandora client i wrote, you will get mp3 always. If you are using firefox and the pandora flash client you will get aac if you are not pandora one or mp3 if you are.

Ok, uploaded a new version which can handle akamai redirects (god that was a pain, eventually found a "bug" in SProxy) and disables hotkeys when running in wine mode.

I'm toying around with making a linux program to use a native mplayer, something of a pain... this is the first time I've really used threads seriously in a C program and moreover used fork. Such a program needs to use wine functions to connect to the client's named pipe then forward that data into a *nix named pipe, as well as forward stdin to the stdin of mplayer.

Hi all, couldn't see if someone else was getting this error, but when I log into the pandora app it gives me a win32 error..i've used this plenty of times with the w7 64bit box. The error that scrolls along the window is "Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessRequest was completed"

Hi all, couldn't see if someone else was getting this error, but when I log into the pandora app it gives me a win32 error..i've used this plenty of times with the w7 64bit box. The error that scrolls along the window is "Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessRequest was completed"

Look for a file called pandoralog.txt and post the contents here. (Assuming you used pandora.exe)

update ---

Well, looks like development on the native mplayer tool is frozen. Due to some fucked in the head dev's idea to use mach-o instead of elf (as i understand it) one can't link against .so files normally. instead, you need to use dylibs and dyld. So, I've got code that might work but with no way to compile it (port install wine-devel gives me a bunch of .so with no evident way to build dylibs) i have no idea if the most crucial component, forwarding from a windows [wine] named pipe to a nix fifo works or not.

Managed to get mplayer launched, the fifo created, my stdin redirected to the mplayer child process'es stdin, and writing to the fifo to work.... but can't link it due to no kernel32 lib. Yay!

Can't build it on windows, because that makes no sense, and I have no linux systems nor do i feel like installing linux on a VM then setting up wine a development environs and all that fun stuff. What a pain. If someone wants to test it can send the code. Bit disappointed really.

Managed to get it compiling, but now it hairballs with bad exe format when wine goes to launch it. Guess that's the end of that. Would've thought wine would handle it better. The weird part is, when mplayer.exe is symlinked to be the native mplayer binary, it loads up fine (doesn't work ofc, as it has no concept of windows pipes) but it'd odd that it would die like this with mine.

Ah, file tells it:

$ file mplayer.exe [local mplayer binary symlink]

mplayer.exe: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

$ file mp [proxy program]

mp: Mach-O bundle i386

Probably no way to fix that, as the normal gcc is bum when it comes to linking. It MIGHT work on a "regular" linux system though.

Ok, uploaded a new version which can handle akamai redirects (god that was a pain, eventually found a "bug" in SProxy) and disables hotkeys when running in wine mode.

Works great! Really appreciate the work involved here. Now all tracks get saved perfectly.

Thanks ZZJoe!