(Pandora) Saver2

ZigZagJoe

The web interface for Saver2 and the client are two completely different things - both are accessible from the status page (see http://127.0.0.1:8888/ by default).

What you described is available from the client's interface - http://zzj.itf-inc.com/downloads/9VtHs72mk...n9hmhDY7wDp.JPG

Hmm, yeah, I got the same bug (not hiding when starting minimized) here. Fixed.

Go take a look in the log (SPlog.txt) and post what comes up when you press update. Something's causing a catastrophic failure to have that happen.

Also, reminds me, It should be popping a message box when something like that happens. Gotta fix that too. Looks like the func to close all the plugin windows was causing it to die horribly.

As far as configuration goes, i fully agree it's fairly hostile to use. Optimally, I'd have plugins add a configuration tab (if they deign to do so). The tricky bit is 1. You can't use the forms designer with such an approach and 2. Saving values. Maybe a class which derives tabPage? That could atleast fix the former (i think?), and 2 could probably be done by an event handler. (or hell a method in the tab page itself).

Ill Chechen the log when I get a chance. I noticed a small prompt but everything closed out so fast I couldn't even read it. Anyway, hope I'm not annoying you too much.

Nah, gives me something to work for.

I've done a few updates today: notably, there is now the facility to add tabs to saver2's config (and i have done as such for pandora).

SProxy: Fixed a bug preventing critical errors from being thrown; program would exit silently

SProxy: Fixed starting minimized with minimize to tray enabled not forcing sproxy into tray

SProxy: standardized timestamps for build dates

Saver2: Added option to check for updates on startup

Pandora: Added config tab in main saver config

Updated build dates for update system in a better way: not based on installer

Build dates are standardized across saver2, sproxy, and the "website" (lol): they will be in the format MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS (am/pm) CST

Some documentation stuff was also updated.

How the config stuff works:

Basically, you create a new class which extends Saver2.SaverConfigPage. You then add controls and what not as you like. Be sure to override SaveSettings(); it is called when the user pressed OK on the config and you should save any settings (from your controls). Tooltip is already created for you; named "toolTip".

To add it to the config, your class which implements SaverPlugin needs to override SaverConfigPage GetConfigTabPage(). If it returns a non null value, it is expected to be a SaverConfigPage.

The reason the tomfoolery with SaverConfigPage is necessary is because of artificial restrictions in C# and VS: Only UserControls can be designed in Visual Studio, but it is not possible to be both a TabPage and a UserControl.

Another update. This one was bugfixes and a LOT of documentation.

http://zzj.itf-inc.com/s2/docs/

http://zzj.itf-inc.com/s2/Docs_Complete.gif

las build of 09, 2 mins before midnight

12/31/09: 1.2.2

Docs: Annotated screens of SProxy, Saver2, and the Pandora client have been added

Site: Updated some more.

Slacker: Fixed a bug causing songs with malformed metadata (contained newline) to fail parsing

Slacker: Fixed a bug causing songs to be tagged with album genre, not song genre

SProxy: Documentation now adds cache headers

SProxy: Fixed settings causing nested exceptions and crash on startup with bad config file

SProxy: Settings: added GetBool, GetValue for CheckBox and TextBox respectively using either a specified name or control's name

SProxy: Settings: added SetBool, SetValue and SetInt for CheckBox and TextBoxes using either a specified name or control's name

Saver2: Log made more consise when tagging

Saver2: Tagging now notes when an extension is not supported (curr. supports AAC, mp3, and mp4)

Saver2: Small changes to constant names for SaverPlugin

Saver2: Config tab implementation changed slightly

Saver2: Changed protection level of various internal vars

Saver2: Fixed a bug in encoder (checking for wrong file's existance)

Client: Fixed starting at the wrong size causing it to be slightly scaled

Client: Fixed a small bug caused by resizing client repeatedly (additional spaces in title)

Fader: Improved display

Pandora: XML logging now changed to work off of __Pandora_Debug setting

Dev: New dialog - TextBoxYNDialog, displays a text box and yes/no (uses dialogresult)

Dev: Updated for internal changes in SProxy/Saver2

Site: All old downloads now redirect to the new area and all old downloads archived

Perhaps notification system could be dropped entirely in favor of events? Bit late though... oh well.

New, completely standalone pandora client available at http://zzj.itf-inc.com/s2/Pandora.zip

Requires no other files other than mplayer (which it will download if needed).

Suggestion (Saver Configuration): Move the hint about "%exnfo%" away from the Pandora tab to the advanced tab (where you actually set the save path structure). It seems odd to have that hint located in a tab where the option it describes isn't listed/configured there.

I'm trying to allow nonlocal for web management. I'm guessing the configuration is under "File --> Options" from the SProxy Window. After navigating to that window there is a button for "Advanced Configuration" however when I click that button the program becomes non-responsive.

I ended up navigating to the program's directory and manually editing the .config file with notepad. About to see if that works.

Oh, I attached the logfile if you want to have a look (although after looking at it, I don't think it printed anything useful... probably locked up before it could log anything)... The issue happens 100% at least on my system, so you should be able to reproduce it.

Ugh, this forum sucks... uploading to mediafire.com.... Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?b2kjmjxgm5g

EDIT: Yep, got it to work by editing the config file, horray for basic computer skills :)

You think you could integrate some DNS service to provide a static link for external web management? I know there are free services like DynDNS.com which use a downloadable client to continually update your ip to an address controlled by them (allowing you to connect with a static domain name instead of remembering a dynamic ip).

The optimal solution would be fro you to have your own server, and let us create accounts on your server, which get updated with the computer's address (sproxy would have same login info configured, so it could update the server with the current address). Then we could use a pageo n your server to link us to the computer's local config page.

EDIT2: Like the new minisite style.

Suggestion (Saver Configuration): Move the hint about "%exnfo%" away from the Pandora tab to the advanced tab (where you actually set the save path structure). It seems odd to have that hint located in a tab where the option it describes isn't listed/configured there.

I'm trying to allow nonlocal for web management. I'm guessing the configuration is under "File --> Options" from the SProxy Window. After navigating to that window there is a button for "Advanced Configuration" however when I click that button the program becomes non-responsive.

I ended up navigating to the program's directory and manually editing the .config file with notepad. About to see if that works.

Oh, I attached the logfile if you want to have a look (although after looking at it, I don't think it printed anything useful... probably locked up before it could log anything)... The issue happens 100% at least on my system, so you should be able to reproduce it.

Ugh, this forum sucks... uploading to mediafire.com.... Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?b2kjmjxgm5g

EDIT: Yep, got it to work by editing the config file, horray for basic computer skills :)

You think you could integrate some DNS service to provide a static link for external web management? I know there are free services like DynDNS.com which use a downloadable client to continually update your ip to an address controlled by them (allowing you to connect with a static domain name instead of remembering a dynamic ip).

The optimal solution would be fro you to have your own server, and let us create accounts on your server, which get updated with the computer's address (sproxy would have same login info configured, so it could update the server with the current address). Then we could use a pageo n your server to link us to the computer's local config page.

EDIT2: Like the new minisite style.

Try Settings.exe when you have a second, it's essentially the same thing as the advanced config; a fallback. But yeah, as you said, I can't find anything in here nor surmise a reason for that behavior (going unresponsive when advanced config is clicked).

As far as DNS goes, not really possible as I don't own the domain. (it's a friend of mines)

Yeah, the %exnfo% tip is a bit misplaced, but it can't be put on another page because the pandora tab and the other tabs are completely independent of each other.

Bunch of weird errors in the log, though nonfatal. Fixed that, for what it's worth, except for the client parent can't be set thing (Parent is not referenced....) though that seems to have gone away by itself. Need to put a tar command in the upload script so i will always have a reference.

I think the one where you were launching the updater and having it fail was caused by the current SProxy.conf being generated by an older version of Stage2. Or an old version of SProxy being used with a new Saver2. (getbuilddate was changed). Added a catch, just in case, though.

Will put out an update later tonight, biggest thing of note is songs which would not be saved even if you hit approve (because they already exist) will no longer be listed requiring approval in the first place + Pandora.exe is now a completely standalone client (listening only, it has no concept of saving music).

current changelog:

Saver2: Songs which would not be downloaded due to already existing will no longer be put up for approval

Saver2: Fixed a bug causing windows to be launched offscreen when launched from the tray

Saver2: Loose duplicate checking will allow upgrading now (bug)

Saver2: Removed code that would be never used

Saver2: Fixed songs being "prepared" earlier than they should be

Saver2: SongSniffed will only be done once per song now

Client: Pandora.exe is now completely standalone, it does not require presence of SProxy.exe, Saver2.dll, or Saver.Pandora.dll

Client: Less warnings on buffer underflow

SProxy: Fixed a bug causing logform to crash

SProxy: Modified implementation of non local listening

Grooveshark: Fixed a bug causing an error to be thrown when search results are repeated quickly (GS site bug)

Try Settings.exe when you have a second, it's essentially the same thing as the advanced config; a fallback. But yeah, as you said, I can't find anything in here nor surmise a reason for that behavior (going unresponsive when advanced config is clicked).

As far as DNS goes, not really possible as I don't own the domain. (it's a friend of mines)

Yeah, the %exnfo% tip is a bit misplaced, but it can't be put on another page because the pandora tab and the other tabs are completely independent of each other.

Bunch of weird errors in the log, though nonfatal. Fixed that, for what it's worth, except for the client parent can't be set thing (Parent is not referenced....) though that seems to have gone away by itself. Need to put a tar command in the upload script so i will always have a reference.

I think the one where you were launching the updater and having it fail was caused by the current SProxy.conf being generated by an older version of Stage2. Or an old version of SProxy being used with a new Saver2. (getbuilddate was changed). Added a catch, just in case, though.

Will put out an update later tonight, biggest thing of note is songs which would not be saved even if you hit approve (because they already exist) will no longer be listed requiring approval in the first place + Pandora.exe is now a completely standalone client (listening only, it has no concept of saving music).

current changelog:

Saver2: Songs which would not be downloaded due to already existing will no longer be put up for approval

Saver2: Fixed a bug causing windows to be launched offscreen when launched from the tray

Saver2: Loose duplicate checking will allow upgrading now (bug)

Client: Pandora.exe is now completely standalone, it does not require presence of SProxy.exe, Saver2.dll, or Saver.Pandora.dll

Grooveshark: Fixed a bug causing an error to be thrown when search results are repeated quickly (GS site bug)

I'll check settings.exe...and just to let you know, ever since I reinstalled I haven't had issues with the update feature anymore.

Also, I noticed today that using the web interface for pandora controls (pause/play etc..) caused it to load a 404 immediately after (i think its calling a bad url after completing an action). It does issue the request though, and pressing back on the browserwill get me to the pandora control page again.

I'll check settings.exe...and just to let you know, ever since I reinstalled I haven't had issues with the update feature anymore.

Also, I noticed today that using the web interface for pandora controls (pause/play etc..) caused it to load a 404 immediately after (i think its calling a bad url after completing an action). It does issue the request though, and pressing back on the browserwill get me to the pandora control page again.

Paste the URL it is trying to follow.

Yeah, figured as much (in regard to update).

Paste the URL it is trying to follow.

Yeah, figured as much (in regard to update).

Tested the player issue some more. The issue only happens when using my phone's browser. The link is "http://127.0.0.1:8888/pluginrpc/Pandora%20Client%20C1.0/index"

It appears that it is redirecting me to a localhost ip, but since this is from my phone, this page obsiously doesn't exist there. Works fine if running from same pc with saver2. If it makes any difference, I used a direct internal ip to get to the page from my phone (192.168.1.***).

I believe if you change the redirect link to just "/pluginrpc/Pandora%20Client%20C1.0/index" it will correct this issue. You should probably search the other web interface pages for a reference to 127.0.0.1 because they will also break when accessed via nonlocal.

Well that explains why it worked on my pc, but not my phone (i suspect I would have the same issue if I tried from another pc or device other than than the one hosting saver2).

Settings.exe opened and ran just fine, so no problems there.

I did get an odd error when I came to the PC and closed Pandora after being paused for a long time while I watched a movie somewhere else.

Screenshot:

sproxybug.jpg

Log:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mj4kyzigzgn

Look forward to the update tonight, says I'm up to date so I'm guessing you haven't released it just yet.

Tested the player issue some more. The issue only happens when using my phone's browser. The link is "http://127.0.0.1:8888/pluginrpc/Pandora%20Client%20C1.0/index"

It appears that it is redirecting me to a localhost ip, but since this is from my phone, this page obsiously doesn't exist there. Works fine if running from same pc with saver2. If it makes any difference, I used a direct internal ip to get to the page from my phone (192.168.1.***).

Well that explains why it worked on my pc, but not my phone (i suspect I would have the same issue if I tried from another pc or device other than than the one hosting saver2).

Settings.exe opened and ran just fine, so no problems there.

I did get an odd error when I came to the PC and closed Pandora after being paused for a long time while I watched a movie somewhere else.

Screenshot:

sproxybug.jpg

Log:

*waiting for upload to finish*

Look forward to the update tonight, says I'm up to date so I'm guessing you haven't released it just yet.

Have you set ServerName to a sensible value (IP or hostname that resolves to your PC)? And as far as the error goes, not quite sure what happened there but I can add a bit to handle that.

And yeah, i'm messing about with transparency and some other bits so update will take a lil longer.

Have you set ServerName to a sensible value (IP or hostname that resolves to your PC)? And as far as the error goes, not quite sure what happened there but I can add a bit to handle that.

And yeah, i'm messing about with transparency and some other bits so update will take a lil longer.

Hmm, I see what you mean about setting ServerName, but thats not exactly a great way to do it. If I set that my IP it would require constant updating, and also it would only work via non-local or only with local (without changing the setting between switching local vs non-local)...

So, I still think my suggestion would be a better approach, as it just makes it consistent with the other page links that do work...but I suppose I could set up a static dns service like I talked about earlier...although thats a bit of a clunky way to do it and it wouldn't work if my internet service got interrupted.

The issue doesn't happen when clicking other links (such as navigating from the status page to the pandora control/refresh page)...

If we don't specifically reference a domain name, that portion should automatically be filled in.

Hmm, I see what you mean about setting ServerName, but thats not exactly a great way to do it. If I set that my IP it would require constant updating, and also it would only work via non-local or only with local (without changing the setting between switching local vs non-local)...

So, I still think my suggestion would be a better approach, as it just makes it consistent with the other page links that do work...but I suppose I could set up a static dns service like I talked about earlier...although thats a bit of a clunky way to do it and it wouldn't work if my internet service got interrupted.

The issue doesn't happen when clicking other links (such as navigating from the status page to the pandora control/refresh page)...

Well, apache requires a name too... you can put something like mysite.com (or no-ip) in there, it just needs to be a valid address that a user's browser could resolve.

Well, apache requires a name too... you can put something like mysite.com (or no-ip) in there, it just needs to be a valid address that a user's browser could resolve.

Alright then, I'll just stick to a no-ip with an updater.

Do you know anyway to access the web interface with a single address? no-ip is only going to work from an external network its not going to work when im at home)...

If I set it to my no-ip address in the settings, its going to redirect me to the no-ip address when i try to call it via the local ip, so I can't even manually specify this when im at home.

It looks like the way this is set up I still have to sacrifice and choose between only local or only external.

There must be a way around this.... what about having 2 server instances running? One running with a local address configured, and one running with an external domain (no-ip) configured? Then we could at least access both the local and external addresses without constant ServerName changes to SProxy when switching between them.

Not sure why this is an issue because usually a web server will reply with the same ip/domain that was used to connect to it. For example, connecting to google.com with one of it's IP addresses will let me navigate the site with that IP, it doesn't force me back to google.com domain name when I click on something. Is there no way to get apache to act this way?

Alright then, I'll just stick to a no-ip with an updater.

Do you know anyway to access the web interface with a single address? no-ip is only going to work from an external network its not going to work when im at home)...

If I set it to my no-ip address in the settings, its going to redirect me to the no-ip address when i try to call it via the local ip, so I can't even manually specify this when im at home.

It looks like the way this is set up I still have to sacrifice and choose between only local or only external.

There must be a way around this.... what about having 2 server instances running? One running with a local address configured, and one running with an external domain (no-ip) configured? Then we could at least access both the local and external addresses without constant ServerName changes to SProxy when switching between them.

Not sure why this is an issue because usually a web server will reply with the same ip/domain that was used to connect to it. For example, connecting to google.com with one of it's IP addresses will let me navigate the site with that IP, it doesn't force me back to google.com domain name when I click on something. Is there no way to get apache to act this way?

Odd, I've always been able to get at a no-ip from my house (which pointed to the same). There most definitely is a way to get apache to behave that way, but I'm not familar with it. Moot anyways, as sproxy isn't apache.

Something to keep in mind is that with exposing it to the internet you're allowing anyone(bot) to use it as a proxy. I have a CONNECT sanity check, and there's no way they would be able to get it to do more than crash (aka, not going to delete all your files)... but still not the best idea.

Two server instances should work, but it would be nasty as hell (would have to have one to use the other as upstream proxy).

Also, a peek at what i've been working at

newminim.png

Odd, I've always been able to get at a no-ip from my house (which pointed to the same). There most definitely is a way to get apache to behave that way, but I'm not familar with it. Moot anyways, as sproxy isn't apache.

Something to keep in mind is that with exposing it to the internet you're allowing anyone(bot) to use it as a proxy. I have a CONNECT sanity check, and there's no way they would be able to get it to do more than crash (aka, not going to delete all your files)... but still not the best idea.

Two server instances should work, but it would be nasty as hell (would have to have one to use the other as upstream proxy).

Also, a peek at what i've been working at

newminim.png

I like the new interface changes your working on.

New version deployed! (starting to get reaaaalllly glad i made that update check now)

This one adds some features, i've been wanted for a while, namely, transparency (both fixed and fading in and out based on mouse activity/song changed) and collapsing down like winamp does. Also, snap to edges.

01/04/10: 1.2.2

Saver2: Update check can work around a nuked config

Saver2: Fixed many songs getting sniffed at once, (impacted: fader, affected: slacker, gs)

Saver2: Fixed a bug causing failure with gif albumarts (affected: slacker, gs)

Wine: New GUI disabled under wine due to being completely defunct (window not movable, wndproc override not functional, etc.)

-----

01/04/10: 1.2.2

Client: Major changes!

Added mini mode! - toggle by double clicking title bar (like winamp)

Now borderless

Transparency support; variable as well as fixed

Snap to edge possible

Option to remeber last position on start

Client: Fixed various bugs which would cause crashes (image related)

Client: Version incremented

Client: Added size grip

Client: Known "bug" button images will not be resized when window is scaled; mini mode buttons hitbox will not change while scaled

Saver2: HTML generation improved

SProxy: Fixed crit error dialog (again)

SProxy: Added trackbar get/set methods in Settings

-----

01/01/10: 1.2.2 (internal only)

Saver2: Loose duplicate checking will allow upgrading now (bugfix)

Client: Pandora.exe is now completely standalone, does not require presence of SProxy.exe, Saver2.dll, or Saver.Pandora.dll

Client: Borders now properly sized on vista/w7

Client: Added manifest

---

As always, please post any errors here with a log or screenshot.

Client is composed of 5800 lines of source (or thereabouts)

the lot of it (Saver2, SProxy, plugins, et all) is just shy of 20000 lines. Over if you count Stage2 and the installer script.

Pandora + Client: 7511 (includes client and SP extensions for client)

Standalone Client: 4769 (+900 for settings/emu stuff)

Saver2: 4173

SProxy: 5724

Grooveshark: 209

Slacker: 423

DatLib: 610

Fader: 307

SongManager: 221

Stage2: 134

Hmmm, nevermind about the borders, I think the way the window is created now is the problem. How are you creating the pandora client window?

As I have mentioned, I run this inside a wrapper. What it does is grab the Sproxy and Pandora windows and embeds them inside my own form. This allows me to have a dashboard of sorts with only one icon on the taskbar, control the system volume and balance and basically just control everything in one window. I am still able to grab the pandora window and embed it, but it is not visible. I thought the borderless property was causing that and then maybe the transparency. However, I am able to flip these bits and turn the border back on and kill the layering and the problem persists, so that it out.

So, I am looking into what has changed on window creation. It still gets embedded, just not visible. Checking the values from GetWindowRect, they never change so I suspect that I am grabbing the wrong handle now.

Hmmm, nevermind about the borders, I think the way the window is created now is the problem. How are you creating the pandora client window?

As I have mentioned, I run this inside a wrapper. What it does is grab the Sproxy and Pandora windows and embeds them inside my own form. This allows me to have a dashboard of sorts with only one icon on the taskbar, control the system volume and balance and basically just control everything in one window. I am still able to grab the pandora window and embed it, but it is not visible. I thought the borderless property was causing that and then maybe the transparency. However, I am able to flip these bits and turn the border back on and kill the layering and the problem persists, so that it out.

So, I am looking into what has changed on window creation. It still gets embedded, just not visible. Checking the values from GetWindowRect, they never change so I suspect that I am grabbing the wrong handle now.

Inside advanced settings, set UseNewGui (or something like that) to False. Disables all the new stuff. And yeah, it's being created borderless now. (not that it's any different on my end besides the various overrides to implement stuff - this.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.None; done.) Might be transparency gone wrong, dunno. Does it work outside your wrapper?

Yep, works just fine outside the wrapper. I'll try changing the advanced setting and see what happens. I remember you saying a few posts back that you were implementing some of this in a usercontrol. I bet that is keeping the window from being set to the topmost window in the container and therefore not showing.

Again, nothing gone wrong on your end, just a Windows API thing I am sure. I'll sort it out.

Well, that seems to have fixed it. Pandora_NewGuiEnabled I'm a very curious developer so I am going to try and figure this out. I bet that even though I can flip the bits to turn on/off the border and window layering, that there is one more I am missing. And, so, the transparency is mucked up when it gets embedded.

On another note, I am going to keep an eye out for you on another error I was seeing today (and only today) with version 1.2.1 built on 12/28/2009 - 8:29:46 to see if it persists here. About every third song, the client would stop and the scrolling text that shows artist and song title would be replaced with "C Error: Unexpected violation" or something like that. This may be fixed in this release, but I found it weird that it only showed up today and I have been using the above version since the 28th. Made me think that Pandora changed something in their protocol. Anyway, I'll keep an eye out.

Well, that seems to have fixed it. Pandora_NewGuiEnabled I'm a very curious developer so I am going to try and figure this out. I bet that even though I can flip the bits to turn on/off the border and window layering, that there is one more I am missing. And, so, the transparency is mucked up when it gets embedded.

On another note, I am going to keep an eye out for you on another error I was seeing today (and only today) with version 1.2.1 built on 12/28/2009 - 8:29:46 to see if it persists here. About every third song, the client would stop and the scrolling text that shows artist and song title would be replaced with "C Error: Unexpected violation" or something like that. This may be fixed in this release, but I found it weird that it only showed up today and I have been using the above version since the 28th. Made me think that Pandora changed something in their protocol. Anyway, I'll keep an eye out.

You might check the log (search for CrException, i think). Error means something threw an exception that probably shouldn't have; and it got out of the main switch.

Misc: Known bug with UI, the of labels may disappear, don't know what causes this/how to fix.

New version up:

01/06/10: 1.2.2

Saver2: Handled responses with bad album art better (affected: slacker, gs)

Saver2: Windows launched from tray menu will not be forced to top left of screen anymore

Client: Volume control changed to custom: improves display on wine and in general

Client: Custom label added (don't laugh) to fix an odd bug causing text to be invisible + improve display

Client: Simple window border added

Client: Mute button removed as it is redundant

Client: Bug causing progress bar draw through windows tenatively fixed

SProxy: Bug causing activity bars draw through windows tenatively fixed

Big ones is the invisible label fix, new volume control, and drawing through windows.

Updated again: i noticed earlier today that songs were not getting saved and it turns out they changed part of the album art url causing some songs to not be saved because on top of that the reaper wasn't functioning (checks for songs which have taken too long to get album art and submits them). Also, i fixed a bug that was preventing the server from listening on non local addrs. Again. Everything else is just minor changes.

Pandora: Fixed a bug preventing songs from being downloaded (Album art url change)

SProxy: Fixed a bug causing non local listening to be bugged

Client: Button behavior improved (by implementing as a proper class)

Client: Volume control cursor modified

Client: Station button will no longer stay focused while disabled

Client: Text smoothing enabled

Fader: Fixed a bug causing exceptions to be thrown on the status page

SProxy: Early log lines will now be present in the internal log buffer (for status and log viewer)

Saver2: Worker now started before plugins (was causing pandora worker to exit prematurely)

Thinking about completely divorcing the client from SProxy but retaining the web control stuff somehow (reflection?) in preparation for posting saver2, savers, etc on github or whatnot. Right now how the standalone client works is just a subset of SProxy and saver2's stuff (the settings and functions classes foremost) is implemented, enough to get it to run, and SProxy specific stuff and saver2 bits (what little there are) are just excluded completely from the build

Any way of adding LastFM scrobbling ? (now that the beta feeds are available)

It'd be easy to implement, but i'd need to see some code for what is required.

Also, sorry for the update spam, but I had to do one last update today... somewhere along the line a bug cropped up causing dialogs that were launched automatically from RPCs to deadlock the app.

It'd be easy to implement, but i'd need to see some code for what is required.

Also, sorry for the update spam, but I had to do one last update today... somewhere along the line a bug cropped up causing dialogs that were launched automatically from RPCs to deadlock the app.

You could just re-write the rhapsody scrobbler to get it working with pandora feeds and integrate that into the s2 zip. ?

Not sure what compilation direction you want to go in....

Another idea (like a user mentioned to me earlier)... a re-write of the sidebar gadget widget.

With "Alky tools" XP users can run windows live gadgets without having to upgrade to vista.

It's really involved but extremely worth the effort.

Most of the functions are there that are in the adobe air app and it looks VERY similar.

These are funtions usually only given to pandora one users.

If a overlay widget could be written to bring favorite(love) and track length functions to mask the ads this would complete my quest for world domination.

:

:

For the rhapsody scrobbler code you can get the source here. http://www.atlansky.com/dev/download.html

For the sidebar gadget you can grab that here. http://www.pandora.com/on-windowsgadget

If you are on XP you will need to change your user agent to a vista user agent.

But I will try and upload the gadget file too. You will need to change the extension to .Gadget

Its not needed but if you want to check out the alky and sidebar stuff its all compiled in this package here.

http://joshoon.deviantart.com/art/Windows-...6472?loggedin=1

(Login NOT required)

And then to install the pandora widget extract the files to the Windows Sidebar folder making sure the folder name is Pandora.Gadget

Kindest Regards,

@XDS

PS: I wish I could have made this post look a little more aesthetic but i'm in a rare form today with a bad cold. :(