(Pandora) Saver2

ZigZagJoe

Nevermind, my bad, but a bit of info to those still running the old SProxy version and trying to move to this one. In the last few weeks, Pandora has changed something that throws tons of 404 errors when using cmd=mini and SProxy. Basically, the lower images of the window (like, dislike, etc) are not shown. I'm not sure if they are connected, but since this started the old SProxy won't exit properly and reset the proxy setting in the Internet Connections config. I forgot about that and ran the setup. All is fine once you uncheck the box in that dialog.

I suspect the 404s are not what is causing the error in the old SProxy, but rather something Pandora changed. If you notice, cmd=mini doesn't work any more in a regular browser, so they may not support it any longer and that is confusing SP when it unloads. I still run the old version for my own reasons, but I figured I'd try this one out today.

Regardless, all of that to say, be sure you proxy is configured correctly before running this setup.

Nevermind, my bad, but a bit of info to those still running the old SProxy version and trying to move to this one. In the last few weeks, Pandora has changed something that throws tons of 404 errors when using cmd=mini and SProxy. Basically, the lower images of the window (like, dislike, etc) are not shown. I'm not sure if they are connected, but since this started the old SProxy won't exit properly and reset the proxy setting in the Internet Connections config. I forgot about that and ran the setup. All is fine once you uncheck the box in that dialog.

I suspect the 404s are not what is causing the error in the old SProxy, but rather something Pandora changed. If you notice, cmd=mini doesn't work any more in a regular browser, so they may not support it any longer and that is confusing SP when it unloads. I still run the old version for my own reasons, but I figured I'd try this one out today.

Regardless, all of that to say, be sure you proxy is configured correctly before running this setup.

Depends what version of sproxy you have - for quite a while, there was a bug preventing the reset of IE proxy settings when exiting.

Also, for a mini player, have you taken a look at the standalone one that's in the new release?

It looks for the miniplayer the flash changed and they didn't update the height attribute. Probably could fix that in the saver plugin, actually.

1.003d is what I am using now. Has worked very well. I am sure there are other things going on here and SProxy is not the problem.

I thought about the height attribute, but when looking at the SProxy logs, it shows 404s for those images that are missing. But it very well could be a weird sizing thing on their end. When the browser starts, you can see a VERY small version of the Pandora interface in the center of the normal frame. Then it blows up and appears cut off.

Yes, I have seen the Standalone player. Just installed it and ran it for a bit. I like it, and it is smaller than what I have now, but I miss some of the features of the old version and the wrapper I have setup around FF and SProxy works well for me.

1.003d is what I am using now. Has worked very well. I am sure there are other things going on here and SProxy is not the problem.

I thought about the height attribute, but when looking at the SProxy logs, it shows 404s for those images that are missing. But it very well could be a weird sizing thing on their end. When the browser starts, you can see a VERY small version of the Pandora interface in the center of the normal frame. Then it blows up and appears cut off.

Yes, I have seen the Standalone player. Just installed it and ran it for a bit. I like it, and it is smaller than what I have now, but I miss some of the features of the old version and the wrapper I have setup around FF and SProxy works well for me.

What's missing?

Maybe it's there and I just don't get it yet...

Using the browser based version, my log-in is persisted and I don't have to log in each time. That gives me one-click start-up with my wrapper

I don't see the option in the stand-alone to only download positive rated songs. All I see is download all, skip negative rated ones, and prompt for download. That says to me that if I go with prompt, I have to go manually select all I want to save from a list.

The ability to change the song quality is disabled in the stand-alone version. The current settings might be just fine, I just use different values currently.

When I do want to go back and look at songs played but not downloaded, the old version's very simple WinForm (SProxy->Pandora->View Songs) is great opposed to the new version launching a browser. With FF set to prevent auto-reloading/redirecting, this doesn't work so well.

"Delete negatively rated songs" is great for times when using Turbo (or some other reason) you got a song you didn't like and don't know it. If it plays on your station and you click thumbs-down, that songs goes away from the local library too.

Duplicate Name checking as a percentage versus always using strict always worked well for me. I don't see it in the new version.

Those are small and a bit nit-picky, but they are features I use. The new version is very good and I would recommend it to all.

Maybe it's there and I just don't get it yet...

1 Using the browser based version, my log-in is persisted and I don't have to log in each time. That gives me one-click start-up with my wrapper

2 I don't see the option in the stand-alone to only download positive rated songs. All I see is download all, skip negative rated ones, and prompt for download. That says to me that if I go with prompt, I have to go manually select all I want to save from a list.

3 The ability to change the song quality is disabled in the stand-alone version. The current settings might be just fine, I just use different values currently.

4 When I do want to go back and look at songs played but not downloaded, the old version's very simple WinForm (SProxy->Pandora->View Songs) is great opposed to the new version launching a browser. With FF set to prevent auto-reloading/redirecting, this doesn't work so well.

5 "Delete negatively rated songs" is great for times when using Turbo (or some other reason) you got a song you didn't like and don't know it. If it plays on your station and you click thumbs-down, that songs goes away from the local library too.

6 Duplicate Name checking as a percentage versus always using strict always worked well for me. I don't see it in the new version.

Those are small and a bit nit-picky, but they are features I use. The new version is very good and I would recommend it to all.

Thanks for the feedback.

1 Yeah, I've been meaning to add auto-startup. It would be trivial to add (if setting, state = startplaying). I actually meant to add it before I put the installer out (oops) as it creates a link to start sproxy hidden and auto-start the client. (or do you mean it is not saving your user/pass?)

2 The option isn't visible in the standalone because the standalone is completely separate from the saver - go into the saver's settings (saver -> pandora -> configure pandora) and the settings will take effect there.

3 Song quality is automatic - 128kbs mp3 if not using pandora one, 192kbs if you are.

4 Yes, this is on the to-do list - honestly, the approval system was a bit pinned on as it was something of a low priority. Seeing as the client is all but finished, I'll take a look at it.

5 Can be added. (pretty much a copypasta of old code)

6 "Relaxed" duplicate checking is still available - it's just "hidden", only in advanced settings as it didn't seem to be used all that much (Mostly seeing as this was added to work around old versions having small flaws in naming, by old, i mean pre-sproxy).

The settings that control it is (bool) StrictDupChecking and (int, 1-100) DupMatchTolerance.

Probably will end up exposing these again as I'm going to have to add a page for advanced settings pertaining to download control anyways. Btw, strict does take into account differing extensions if that's what you were using it for. Also, relaxed duplicate check doesn't check that directory names can differ (can't fix this, sanely)

1: added. in settings or -client-login command line option

2: added a line of text on where to check for saver settings when running in sproxy

3: doesn't really need changing?

4: todo

5: todo

6: done

I'll upload the new one later today, probably.

Sounds good, I'll just point out a couple of things...

1. No, it is not keeping me logged in. Did I miss a setting telling it to do that?

2. Ok, how I missed that I have no idea. I looked at that dialog. Side-effects of working on Christmas Eve I guess. One question...what combination of settings is needed to have it download pos rated songs but wait for approval on all others? My best guess would be "wait for approval" in the Saver settings and "DL when Pos rated" in Pandora Config. Not sure if one overrides the other though.

3. 128 is what I use. The disabled settings show 160 so I assumes that was what was set.

Sounds good, I'll just point out a couple of things...

1. No, it is not keeping me logged in. Did I miss a setting telling it to do that?

2. Ok, how I missed that I have no idea. I looked at that dialog. Side-effects of working on Christmas Eve I guess. One question...what combination of settings is needed to have it download pos rated songs but wait for approval on all others? My best guess would be "wait for approval" in the Saver settings and "DL when Pos rated" in Pandora Config. Not sure if one overrides the other though.

3. 128 is what I use. The disabled settings show 160 so I assumes that was what was set.

Ah, no. Encoding stuff is disabled right now (and even if it were working nothing would happen as it won't re-encode if the source format is the same as the dest)

Yes, DL when pos rated (which is only enabled when wait for approval is enabled) will do that.

So, when you close the client (launched via pandora.exe), and re launch it, if you hit play or login it will not have saved your login? I *THINK* at one point I had forgot to put the save settings in the stub launcher, but not now. Or are you using sproxy? It's weird, nonetheless.

Look for a file called SProxy.conf, in the same folder as SProxy.exe and Pandora.exe. Search for __Pandora_Password and __Pandora_Username in there. They should be a mishmash of letters and characters.

Also, are you hitting logout when you close the player? As that will clear the password and possibly the username.

I just tested it again. Must have been something here preventing the cache of my credentials before. Now it will save my info and if I just press play after startup it WILL log me in and start playing. Great!

One other little clarification. Am I correct to assume that if I have previously given a song a thumbs-up, then the thumbs up button is disabled when it plays. And songs that have not been rated have both enabled? That looks like the way it is working. Maybe something a little more obvious would look good there.

Regarding the encoding. I don't need anything other than 128, if that's what it is doing, great. I was just pointing out that the dialog shows 160. I would just kill that page all together.

Ok, so you've about convinced me, I'll probably end up switching over soon enough. I'll still put my wrapper around it all, but this will be MUCH smaller and not have me running FF all the time. Good job!

I just tested it again. Must have been something here preventing the cache of my credentials before. Now it will save my info and if I just press play after startup it WILL log me in and start playing. Great!

One other little clarification. Am I correct to assume that if I have previously given a song a thumbs-up, then the thumbs up button is disabled when it plays. And songs that have not been rated have both enabled? That looks like the way it is working. Maybe something a little more obvious would look good there.

Regarding the encoding. I don't need anything other than 128, if that's what it is doing, great. I was just pointing out that the dialog shows 160. I would just kill that page all together.

Ok, so you've about convinced me, I'll probably end up switching over soon enough. I'll still put my wrapper around it all, but this will be MUCH smaller and not have me running FF all the time. Good job!

:)

Yeah, that's not a bad idea (just outright removing instead of disabling). At least until it is done.

You are correct, the button will be disabled when it is already rated positively. Probably should make it a bit more obvious at some point (would need to write a custom button to contain both images)

Alright, uploaded a new updated version. Link's the same as usual.

This one fixes:

Numerous bugs. Lots of bugs. Probably none that you'd run into, but they were fixed nonetheless.

Window placements improved globally

Web interface of both saver2 and pandora client improved

Removes defunct pandorahelper plugin

Adds Song Manager plugin (provides a window to approve/dismiss songs)

Severe: Server restart bug with client fixed

Severe: Crash due to web interface fixed

Saver2: Exposed more settings in config

Saver2: Disabled tabs removed from config

Saver2: API added onto

Saver2: Improved load time (not that it was much to begin with)

Saver2: Test format added to config - make changes to file name/directory structure and see what they will look like!

Saver2: Menu now sorted

Saver2: Song reaping added (keep x amount of songs before starting to delete the old ones while waiting for approval)

Saver2: Web interface improved

Saver2: Dismissal of prepared songs implemented

Dev: Added test plugin which submits dummy songs for testing

Dev: Saver2 API updated somewhat

Client: can auto-login based on command line option or setting.

Client: can close sproxy when closing if set to do so.

Client: Note added in client settings about saver config.

Client: feedback buttons made a bit more obvious

Client: pinning and minimize buttons added.

Client: Search can now return shared stations (genre stations)

Client: Workaround added for song search dialog on wine

Client: StreamPlayer bugfixes/tweaks

Pandora: Executable size reduced

Wine: All URL links temp. disabled due to wine fault (shellexec does not take into account it may get passed a url)

Installer: Added new plugin and added directory change page

Stage2: Error handling added.

SProxy: Plugin unloading improved

SProxy: Advanced settings dialog changed (auto-closes options)

SProxy: Handling of wine mode improved (not quite as ugly)

SProxy: Settings dialog(s) improved

SProxy: More command line options added.

SProxy: Visual tweaks

- previous -

Wine: Lots of improvements. mostly pertaining to visuals

Client: UI moved about to accommodate new buttons

Client: Rate old songs added

Client: Shared station support added

Client: Moar bugfixes.

SProxy: HTTP Auth tentatively fixed

Installer: Initial release.

Help: Initial release.

Dev: Bundled with help.

- before that -

Client: Crypto internal changes

Client: Song search dialog fixed

Client: Station rename and delete added

This is great! I love not having to use Flash!!

I'd like to port this to the Mac (I'd convert it from .NET to Cocoa). When do you think you will open source SProxy?

--

Dave

As far as porting goes, I'm not familiar with cocoa or objc but it's likely to be too different for a port to work in much more than spirit. (C# vs C/objc). Making something based off of pianobar (another pandora client) would work, though.

--- Randomness

Tested mono some... amazingly, it will load up sproxy with wine hacks enabled occasionally. Most of the time it seems to get to the main screen then mono just dies in a fire with no clue as to why it died (no log, no exception, nothing). Pandora client from sproxy did not work, however, running the pandora client, it managed to get to point where it plays a song and then died (predictably, due to the dllimport named pipe stuff)

Testing out the latest version...

I really like the "Warn when exiting with songs pending" option.

On the Advanced tab of the Config dialog, both text boxes cause SProxy to crash when trying to change them. Here's the steps...

1. Check/uncheck the related checkbox to enable the textbox(es)

2. Put focus on textbox. Backspace won't delete value in box.

3. Press delete instead. Value changes to 10 or 30.

4. Using arrow keys, select entire text

5. Press delete

6. SProxy closes

That's all I have found so far. Good job!

Testing out the latest version...

I really like the "Warn when exiting with songs pending" option.

On the Advanced tab of the Config dialog, both text boxes cause SProxy to crash when trying to change them. Here's the steps...

1. Check/uncheck the related checkbox to enable the textbox(es)

2. Put focus on textbox. Backspace won't delete value in box.

3. Press delete instead. Value changes to 10 or 30.

4. Using arrow keys, select entire text

5. Press delete

6. SProxy closes

That's all I have found so far. Good job!

Oops. Yeah. This also reminded me that i discovered the other day that there is no way to change the value, because deleting a char puts the value below 30 (sanity check) and adding puts it above 100. I'll have a new one out in a day or so i figure. Easy to fix; stupid bug.

Current version changes:

Installer updated.

Help now stored as a dat file and automatically installed

Help is better integrated, and accessed by the status site.

Added Settings.exe, which will launch an advanced config form (only) to make tweaks to sproxy settings if something renders it unable to start (such as a bad port setting).

Added a md5sum to stage2 (precursor to autoupdate/update checking)

Various Bugfixes in sproxy and saver2.

Fixed bug preventing use of backspace in SP config

Fixed bugs causing crash in saver2 AND sp config

Prompt to change save folder made a bit more obvious

Link to forum thread has been changed to current thread (mega oops)

Bug causing hang on first start fixed.

Update checking added.

Encoding implemented!

Multi-core, low priority, etc.

I'm honestly quite chuffed with how this (encoding) works. Starts a task, triggers an event when done, which starts a new one (if needed), and if an abort is triggered all the tasks are listening (another event). Soooo nice.

Warning updated for while songs are being encoded (and auto closes, too!). Pending files updated to close when none are pending as well.

In other news, holy god damn do i7s encode mp3s fast.

update checking:

checks the hash of the installer used to install your current version of sp/s2 against the hash of the one on the server. also reports dates and filesizes if they differ. Don't delete/remove the Stage2 keys, as this will disable the update checking stuff (stage2 is the name of the postinstall program - it takes the hash of the installer, plus file time, and size, then stores it in the settings, as well as doing stuff like configuring sproxy for tor, firefox, IE, etc.)

Also added Settings.exe which essentially the advanced config dialog only (to fix IE proxies, or settings rendering sp unbootable)

Checking out the pending songs warning...

I think I misunderstood the "Warn when exiting with songs pending approval" option. I thought it was going to warn me when I marked songs to download that were still being processed. I can see now that it warns when there are ANY songs in the queue that have not been downloaded. Not a bad option now that I understand it. (Although it would be nice to have a warning like I mentioned above. Just not sure how that would fit in here)

Anyway, the warning does pop up, however, there is not way to back out and go back to SProxy when warned. You are just warned that the songs will be deleted and Sproxy closes.

Checking out the pending songs warning...

I think I misunderstood the "Warn when exiting with songs pending approval" option. I thought it was going to warn me when I marked songs to download that were still being processed. I can see now that it warns when there are ANY songs in the queue that have not been downloaded. Not a bad option now that I understand it. (Although it would be nice to have a warning like I mentioned above. Just not sure how that would fit in here)

Anyway, the warning does pop up, however, there is not way to back out and go back to SProxy when warned. You are just warned that the songs will be deleted and Sproxy closes.

You should be still able to select options on sproxy when that comes up - it was quite a headache to get that to work like that. Or maybe i did that recently, and haven't uploaded it yet?

New version up!

In addition to the bugs listed above, this fixes a hang encountered on first start with a clean config file. (how did no one report this?!) It also adds an update check feature (i shit you not).

Update check is manual, located on the about page, but better than none, i figure. If the version you have installed differs from the version on the server, it will tell you so, give you the date, time, and hash of both yours and server installers, and gives the option to download and install the new one. Not perfect, as there is no facility for change notes...but it is a start.

Also adds encoding.

Incremented a few version numbers, and i think it is finally time i can stop calling this beta.

im having trouble getting this to work via wine, in the installer stage2.exe crashes and then the installation finishes then when i try and run sproxy it crashes

Are you running on a clean wineprefix, and do you have .net 2.0 installed? If stage2 is crashing as well as sproxy it sounds like you could have a problem with .net

---

Slight update uploaded, adds changelog and finish page plus install logging to installer.

Are you running on a clean wineprefix, and do you have .net 2.0 installed? If stage2 is crashing as well as sproxy it sounds like you could have a problem with .net

im running on a clean prefix and with dotnet20 installed however i'm doing a silent install, would that have any effect?

---

Slight update uploaded, adds changelog and finish page plus install logging to installer.

Silent install of what? dotnet? Probably shouldn't matter for dotnet. Also, is it a clean wineprefix except for having run "winetricks dotnet20 fontfix" on it? What error in specific happens?

If you are running the installer quietly, try running it normally? Also, you could download the new installer which will save the install log to install.log where you installed it.

I'd like the ability to separate where my "undecided" and "thumbs up/good" songs are stored. This way I can immediately know which downloads I like, and which ones need review.

Also, it would need to move files from the undecided folder to the good/thumbs up one if I check it on the pandora player that I like it.

But any method of easily identifying between both types (undecided and good) will be fine. Maybe this can be done with the folder/filename variables?

And how about an option to only save songs we have checked as thumbs up? I noticed you already support deleting negative songs (and looks like an option for manual approval of all songs?), so it should be easy to just delete ones we have not decided on as well.

I'd also like a fullscreen version of the player with very large icons/buttons so when im using a wireless device (like wireless mouse) I can easily navigate. I actually have a wireless app on my Motorola DROID to control my computer's mouse from a distance, but I still have to look at the computer screen, so you can see the problem there with the player interface being so small and no ability to enlarge it.

How about some official site/blog for this program? Even some cheap site or blog would do fine, just some dedicated place for only the community of this program.

Fix these issues and I don't think I would ever need anything else added, really :P

I'm very pleased with the performance and stability of everything. It tags songs correctly, and the built in player uses few resources. Thats just excellent. I'll definitely consider donating once I know the project will get continued support.

I'd love to hear a personal response via my email, which is SwordOfWar *at* gmail *dot* com! Really don't know anything about this forum, I just went through the pain of registering so I could leave a comment about this wonderful program I found via google search :)

I'd like the ability to separate where my "undecided" and "thumbs up/good" songs are stored. This way I can immediately know which downloads I like, and which ones need review.

Also, it would need to move files from the undecided folder to the good/thumbs up one if I check it on the pandora player that I like it.

But any method of easily identifying between both types (undecided and good) will be fine. Maybe this can be done with the folder/filename variables?

And how about an option to only save songs we have checked as thumbs up? I noticed you already support deleting negative songs (and looks like an option for manual approval of all songs?), so it should be easy to just delete ones we have not decided on as well.

I'd also like a fullscreen version of the player with very large icons/buttons so when im using a wireless device (like wireless mouse) I can easily navigate. I actually have a wireless app on my Motorola DROID to control my computer's mouse from a distance, but I still have to look at the computer screen, so you can see the problem there with the player interface being so small and no ability to enlarge it.

How about some official site/blog for this program? Even some cheap site or blog would do fine, just some dedicated place for only the community of this program.

Fix these issues and I don't think I would ever need anything else added, really :P

I'm very pleased with the performance and stability of everything. It tags songs correctly, and the built in player uses few resources. Thats just excellent. I'll definitely consider donating once I know the project will get continued support.

I'd love to hear a personal response via my email, which is SwordOfWar *at* gmail *dot* com! Really don't know anything about this forum, I just went through the pain of registering so I could leave a comment about this wonderful program I found via google search :)

Automatically downloading songs checked as thumbs up is already possible - first, you need to go into Saver2's common settings and set wait for approval. Then, go to Saver2->Pandora->Pandora Config and select DL if already positively rated. (You might also want to select DL when rated as well)

As far as sorting songs by rating, that really can't be done given the current structure because Saver2 (the part of the program responsible for organizing, encoding, etc) has no concept of song ratings.

I'm not sure about deleting negative songs...? I've not implemented that in Saver2 yet. (rather, Pandora, due to the above reason)

However, you could just leave the wait for approval mode active - every song sniffed will be held onto in the temp folder until you either dismiss them, download them, or close SProxy. (unless you enable song reaping in advanced settings, which causes old songs to be deleted). All unapproved songs will be deleted when SProxy is exited.

Yeah, I'm looking into setting up a proper site - probably a blog on some common site (blogspot?) would be best, and/or some simple forum software.

As far as sizing the player goes, I'll look into it.... possibly sizing the controls based on the ratio (current vs normal) might work? Yeah, I've gotten this working. It's not perfect, but it works pretty good. Though the slider control doesn't resize properly. Button images are also not resized.

BTW, you might look at the web interface (if your whatsit has wifi). In advanced settings, set "AllowNonLocal" true, and then set "ServerName" to your IP address on the local network. Then i realize this was broken due to an internal change i had to make to sproxy. Bleh. I'll upload a fixed version in a bit.

Alright, fixed one up:

12/29/09:

SProxy: Bug preventing non-local listening fixed

Client: Main window is now resizable & scales

Client: Web interface tweaked

Client: Small UI changes

Pandora: Will now log XMLRPC Postdata, headers, and response to (SProxy path)/PXMLS/ if the PXMLS dir exists

i'm doing my best to keep the changelog up to date, and have went back through the last few pages of this thread and put stuff from the log in there. Well, i did, but fucking piece of shit notepad++ did not save it. So the changelog is back to being out of date. I swear, half the time notepad++ is more trouble than it's worth. All these fancy features and it can't goddamn save properly. Nevermind it crashes when opening files sometimes.

The changelog is also shown when the install has been completed.

Added a mini site @ http://zzj.itf-inc.com/s2/

Moved all files and symlinked their old locations.

The site has a link, modified info, and the current changelog.

Automatically downloading songs checked as thumbs up is already possible - first, you need to go into Saver2's common settings and set wait for approval. Then, go to Saver2->Pandora->Pandora Config and select DL if already positively rated. (You might also want to select DL when rated as well)

As far as sorting songs by rating, that really can't be done given the current structure because Saver2 (the part of the program responsible for organizing, encoding, etc) has no concept of song ratings.

I'm not sure about deleting negative songs...? I've not implemented that in Saver2 yet. (rather, Pandora, due to the above reason)

However, you could just leave the wait for approval mode active - every song sniffed will be held onto in the temp folder until you either dismiss them, download them, or close SProxy. (unless you enable song reaping in advanced settings, which causes old songs to be deleted). All unapproved songs will be deleted when SProxy is exited.

Yeah, I'm looking into setting up a proper site - probably a blog on some common site (blogspot?) would be best, and/or some simple forum software.

As far as sizing the player goes, I'll look into it.... possibly sizing the controls based on the ratio (current vs normal) might work? Yeah, I've gotten this working. It's not perfect, but it works pretty good. Though the slider control doesn't resize properly. Button images are also not resized.

BTW, you might look at the web interface (if your whatsit has wifi). In advanced settings, set "AllowNonLocal" true, and then set "ServerName" to your IP address on the local network. Then i realize this was broken due to an internal change i had to make to sproxy. Bleh. I'll upload a fixed version in a bit.

Alright, fixed one up:

12/29/09:

SProxy: Bug preventing non-local listening fixed

Client: Main window is now resizable & scales

Client: Web interface tweaked

Client: Small UI changes

Pandora: Will now log XMLRPC Postdata, headers, and response to (SProxy path)/PXMLS/ if the PXMLS dir exists

i'm doing my best to keep the changelog up to date, and have went back through the last few pages of this thread and put stuff from the log in there. Well, i did, but fucking piece of shit notepad++ did not save it. So the changelog is back to being out of date. I swear, half the time notepad++ is more trouble than it's worth. All these fancy features and it can't goddamn save properly. Nevermind it crashes when opening files sometimes.

The changelog is also shown when the install has been completed.

Added a mini site @ http://zzj.itf-inc.com/s2/

Moved all files and symlinked their old locations.

The site has a link, modified info, and the current changelog.

Hmm, after attempting to use the update button, everything closed out (tried it again with same result). This might be a bug related to the "close sproxy when pandora closed and vice versa" options which i enabled. Perhaps you should avoid this during the update check?

Thanks for the tip about configuring to save only positive songs. I didn't realize the extra options under pandora that worked in combination with the manual approval option of Sproxy. It seems the settings are all spread out in different places, which is a bit confusing unless you are familiar with where they all are (I've just begun using the thing so please don't be too hard on me here :P ). You might want to build a single GUI that can manage all the settings of both pandora and sproxy, just to make it more user friendly. I probably wouldnt have ever noticed how to do that if you hadn't explained it just then.

I suppose I'll have to go clean out my undecided songs I downloaded then, but atleast now I won't have to worry about them in the future.

About the deleting negative songs, I was thinking about how negative songs are downloaded (streamed) but not actually saved in my music folder. I was thinking of it as "cacheing" the song but tossing it away after the next song started loading.

About the blog site, umm... anything would be great at this point. Just something where we can exchange feedback in a more streamlined less cluttered way. How about a blog and forum? You can use one of the pre-made services like blogspot, or if possible (have your own hosting) you could setup something similar to PHP-Nuke where there is a forum and "portal/news" area integrated into one package.

I've been meaning to try out the web interface feature some more, but was disappointed when I opened it in my browser and all i found was "you are using auto mode" (was expecting a web interface for skip, pause, thumbs down, thumbs up so I could manage the player via browser using portable devices)...

I'll play with the web interface via wifi when I have a chance, and see if there is anything like this that I just haven't seen yet (as I just downloaded this thing yesterday).

I appreciate the reply. Your mini size looks fine to me. My only complaint is lack of some feedback system where I can leave comments etc... but its simple and to the point, so horray for that!

And just use regular old Notepad :P Its not very fancy, but hey it saves and opens files all the time for me. Your changelog doesn't exactly have any fancy formatting anyway...this isn't microsoft word quality work xD

EDIT: I just noticed what I would consider a bug. I have sproxy to start minimized, and to go to the tray. When starting it up, it minimizes to the taskbar, but a manual minimize slaps it to the tray beside the clock. Might wanna fix that. Disabled close sproxy when pandora closed but got same result, decided to reinstall.

EDIT AGAIN: your minisite download link is incorrect, causing it to not be found. you had it listed as s2\s2 i believe, where its just /s2/file.exe

This is probably related to the song detection you reported earlier, but I noticed the "save" button is displayed when on manual approval and playing a song already checked as thumbs up. Since due to the configuration, it will automatically be saved, so its odd to display the save button (making me think i must manually approve it).

Might I suggest using these settings default?

file name format: %artist% - %title%

folder structure: %exnfo%\

I think it provides the best logical structure. Having songs sorted by station, with the artist and song name in the file.

Why not name the "exnfo" to "station"? Since thats the output, seems like a more obvious name.

Hmm, after attempting to use the update button, everything closed out (tried it again with same result). This might be a bug related to the "close sproxy when pandora closed and vice versa" options which i enabled. Perhaps you should avoid this during the update check?

Thanks for the tip about configuring to save only positive songs. I didn't realize the extra options under pandora that worked in combination with the manual approval option of Sproxy. It seems the settings are all spread out in different places, which is a bit confusing unless you are familiar with where they all are (I've just begun using the thing so please don't be too hard on me here :P ). You might want to build a single GUI that can manage all the settings of both pandora and sproxy, just to make it more user friendly. I probably wouldnt have ever noticed how to do that if you hadn't explained it just then.

I suppose I'll have to go clean out my undecided songs I downloaded then, but atleast now I won't have to worry about them in the future.

About the deleting negative songs, I was thinking about how negative songs are downloaded (streamed) but not actually saved in my music folder. I was thinking of it as "cacheing" the song but tossing it away after the next song started loading.

About the blog site, umm... anything would be great at this point. Just something where we can exchange feedback in a more streamlined less cluttered way. How about a blog and forum? You can use one of the pre-made services like blogspot, or if possible (have your own hosting) you could setup something similar to PHP-Nuke where there is a forum and "portal/news" area integrated into one package.

I've been meaning to try out the web interface feature some more, but was disappointed when I opened it in my browser and all i found was "you are using auto mode" (was expecting a web interface for skip, pause, thumbs down, thumbs up so I could manage the player via browser using portable devices)...

I'll play with the web interface via wifi when I have a chance, and see if there is anything like this that I just haven't seen yet (as I just downloaded this thing yesterday).

I appreciate the reply. Your mini size looks fine to me. My only complaint is lack of some feedback system where I can leave comments etc... but its simple and to the point, so horray for that!

And just use regular old Notepad :P Its not very fancy, but hey it saves and opens files all the time for me. Your changelog doesn't exactly have any fancy formatting anyway...this isn't microsoft word quality work xD

EDIT: I just noticed what I would consider a bug. I have sproxy to start minimized, and to go to the tray. When starting it up, it minimizes to the taskbar, but a manual minimize slaps it to the tray beside the clock. Might wanna fix that. Disabled close sproxy when pandora closed but got same result, decided to reinstall.

EDIT AGAIN: your minisite download link is incorrect, causing it to not be found. you had it listed as s2\s2 i believe, where its just /s2/file.exe

The web interface for Saver2 and the client are two completely different things - both are accessible from the status page (see http://127.0.0.1:8888/ by default).

What you described is available from the client's interface - http://zzj.itf-inc.com/downloads/9VtHs72mk...n9hmhDY7wDp.JPG

Hmm, yeah, I got the same bug (not hiding when starting minimized) here. Fixed.

Go take a look in the log (SPlog.txt) and post what comes up when you press update. Something's causing a catastrophic failure to have that happen.

Also, reminds me, It should be popping a message box when something like that happens. Gotta fix that too. Looks like the func to close all the plugin windows was causing it to die horribly.

As far as configuration goes, i fully agree it's fairly hostile to use. Optimally, I'd have plugins add a configuration tab (if they deign to do so). The tricky bit is 1. You can't use the forms designer with such an approach and 2. Saving values. Maybe a class which derives tabPage? That could atleast fix the former (i think?), and 2 could probably be done by an event handler. (or hell a method in the tab page itself).