Spare USB stick - Ideas?

pritchard9

Got a 2GB M2 card and a USB adapter for it lying around. Got no real use for it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Already got a 4GB puppy-bootable drive, so im cool for portable OSes. Was thinking about just shoving uTorrent on it and a bunch of hefty torrents to steal some of my schools download cap, because im sure ive blown my months limit a few times over.

Im pretty short on ideas, so maybe someone can help me out.

Thanks.

Dual boot UBCD4WIN and BackTrack 3. All the tools you'll need to fix, virus scan, remove, edit, and test systems.

Wow, loads of great ideas guys. I tried BackTrack3 out a while ago actually, think it mightve been one of the betas though. Ill definately have another look at it though. Anyone know when 4's out?

And sorry for the noob question, but whats a dropkit?

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Keep 'em coming :)

Yeah, BT4 has been out a while now, but I would stick with BT3 for daily use. More stable, more drivers for wireless cards and more working tools. Not everythign works from the menu in BT4. While BT4 is uBuntu based, its still not nearly as ready as the slax version of BT3. All my wireless cards have issues with BT4, but work fine in BT3(And 2), so use at your own risk.

Ahryt. Seems ive let myself fall out of the loop a little.

I remember hearing rumours about BT4 being Ubuntu-based, but I didnt really believe it. I thought alot of people liked it being based on Slax.

I think the whole uBuntu direction is because they won't have to maintain the kernel and updates to the distro itself, only to the tools. This way, ubuntu does the work of securing itself and getting automatic updates. At least, I think that was the reason from waht I have read about it. Auto updates being the key to go that router and then them adding their own repository for updates to the custom tools and addons.

Oh, never thought about it that way. I just suspected that they thought people would be more used to and more compfortable with an uBuntu-based distro. But I guess your right about the maintenance issue. Im guessing DingleBerries is more a slax man, but what about everyone else? Digip?

Oh, never thought about it that way. I just suspected that they thought people would be more used to and more compfortable with an uBuntu-based distro. But I guess your right about the maintenance issue. Im guessing DingleBerries is more a slax man, but what about everyone else? Digip?

Im a use what you need to get the job done kind of man. I don't care what distro base or OS it is, I use Windows and *nix. No MAC stuff though. Can't afford one, don't need or want one, and really don't care for them anyway.

Personally I would go wit BT3 and other things in that genre, but it really depends on what you are doing. If you don't know what you want to put in it, why don't you mod it and put stuff on the outside! It a fun and quick thing to do. Also whatever you put in it, always add some tunes. Everyone likes to listen to music! I love to listen and work. Well, good luck with it!

cheers,

Destro

Yeah BT4 and it being ubuntu based is totally kick ass (apt-get is every nix n00bs best friend/not to mention more practical).

+1

For sticking with BT3, as much as I totally love the BT4 layout my Atheros WPN311 is not supported and I don't think my asus eee 701 is either (yet to check it).

Yeah BT4 and it being ubuntu based is totally kick ass (apt-get is every nix n00bs best friend/not to mention more practical).

+1

For sticking with BT3, as much as I totally love the BT4 layout my Atheros WPN311 is not supported and I don't think my asus eee 701 is either (yet to check it).

The EEEPC 701 works great with BT4. :)

No worries there meh brother

Oooh.

Loads of great ideas guys!

Think ill load it up with BT3, and see how it goes from there.

Wish windows could recognise more than 1 partition. Then I could have a BT3 partition and a general use partition.

But hey.

Cheers guys :)