How many of you have been to mental hospitals?

Sparda

How you been comited to a mental institution?  

58 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, I commited my self!

I personally haven't been checked in, but I visited bunches of ppl, think I even picked up a few. But, back in high school, it seemed like friends of mine were getting sent away by the busload. I think that some parents just cannot deal w/ a rebellious child and so off to hospital they go. Also, whoever came up w/ that whole mental hospital/rehab summer camp thing should be shot.

I have a deep fear of mental hospitals now, I think I would honestly freak if anyone tried to put me in one.

I think it’s an American thing, to have your kids all on Antidepressants and Anti-Psychotropics, in the UK you take it like a man and deal with it yourself, I don’t know anyone who has ever been in a mental hospital.

I think it’s an American thing, to have your kids all on Antidepressants and Anti-Psychotropics, in the UK you take it like a man and deal with it yourself, I don’t know anyone who has ever been in a mental hospital.

Well said :P

You've gotta be pretty damn fucked up just to get counseling here :wink:

I've had psyc-tests when I was in school, only thing it turned out was a 170ish IQ and a tendancy to go by the "it is better to beg forgiveness rather than ask permission" policy.

This all start with a conversation about some thing that lead me to saying that padded walls are the ultimate in luxury... and then Employee blurted out that "The first time you are locked in a padded room you go nuts" and I just sat in silence trying to work out weather or not he was been seriuse... turned out he is a compleat loony :D

On that note... is there any chance that Kainchicks status can be changed to "Forum lesbian"? :P

I've got a number of friends that are battling depressions and what not. One has recently officially recovered from an eating disorder. When I hear them talk about group sessions and how they "learned so much about themselves", I'm honestly puzzled.

But, well, it works for them it seems. Many of these people tend to be oversensitive creative types (which I'm definately NOT) so that might have something to do with it.

I've got a number of friends that are battling depressions and what not. One has recently officially recovered from an eating disorder. When I hear them talk about group sessions and how they "learned so much about themselves", I'm honestly puzzled.

But, well, it works for them it seems. Many of these people tend to be oversensitive creative types (which I'm definately NOT) so that might have something to do with it.

See web designers /Graphic designers are the loony bins of the geek 'community'. They keep using made up terms like 'web 2.0' to describe random shit. They also worship something called a 'wee-three-see'...meh they're one can short of a six pack if you ask me

:D