[BETA] 1.3.0 - It's time for another round of beta testing!

Sebkinne

Hey everyone,

We have just completed work on our new WiFi Pineapple MKV firmware 1.3.0!

Because previous beta testing rounds have gone so well, we are putting 1.3.0 up for the test.

We want to encourage anyone that wants to help make the WiFi Pineapple MKV even better to take a look and register for the beta at https://wifipineapple.com/beta.

All feedback is appreciated!

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Thanks for the beta Seb. Any chance of a detailed changelog in the beta section regarding the upstream sources, and WiFi stabilty/reliability?

+1 for this.

Overall reliability and stability of the pineapple is all I'm interested in, please no more add ons / infusions.

Hey everyone,

It looks like a lot of you (50) have downloaded the current 1.3.0-beta-1 firmware. I'd like to reiterate that anyone that has downloaded it should leaves a short feedback for us, as it really helps iron out all the bugs.

In regards to mw3demo's question, the fixes we applied at not in regards to bug #124, sorry.

In regards to tone's statement, we too are interested in stability. That is precisely we are doing the beta and not just releasing this version. We want to have a stable base, which I think we have achieved. System infusions however will keep being updated as they meet the demand of the userbase. Bugs need to be fixed and system infusions need to be adjusted to any changes. This is also why we separated the base firmware / UI framework from the system components (the system infusions). It means that we can add new features on the fly without affecting the base of the firmware.

Anyway, I hope that I see some more beta feedback soon! :)

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

thanks ! :D this fixed all my problems this beta and its so much faster in responding times very happy with it i found a few bugs but i am Hugh noob so dont know if i am much help at this time but if i can report bugs that help whats the way i should do it ?

thanks ! :D this fixed all my problems this beta and its so much faster in responding times very happy with it i found a few bugs but i am Hugh noob so dont know if i am much help at this time but if i can report bugs that help whats the way i should do it ?

If they see bugs within the beta, please use the 'write your report' option on our website. It's a tab on the page you downloaded the beta.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Exactly.

If I require further information or similar, that is how I'll ask for it. I'll also inform you if something you have reported has been fixed through there.

We appreciate ALL feedback we get. It helps us make this a really solid release.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

sebkinne and other admins thanks for all the great work we the members of the wifi pineapple communty thankyou and are willing to help all we can

so guys if you can anwser a question for a new user "noob questions" please help it helps everyone get anwsers and gives the admins more time for there hard work coding and creating amazing infusions rather than anwsering questions

we are a great communty and i thank you all for allowing me to be part of it

Edited by m40295

My MarkV just crashed on beta2 when I wanted to look at the Karma logs.

What information do you want me to look up when this occurs again? (I have to hard reset the device to gain access again).

Also the "get" infusion is broken. You can't retrieve the required packages through the infusion.

My MarkV just crashed on beta2 when I wanted to look at the Karma logs.

*snip*

To add to this, Karma seems to be completely broken now. I live in a densely populated area. Normally when Karma runs I get tons of probes and the occasional association. Currently the logging is entirely empty after having ran for several hours.

Please do not share beta related issues on here. It's part of the rules we came up with to prevent confusion and frustration by users. Not everything we test makes it to the final build, not everything works.

That's why we make you agree to these terms before testing.

We might add a way to share issues between testers later on.

Regarding any issues anyone is having, please report them in the "write your report" section of the beta. That's where I'll see them and that's the correct way to report the issue.

Thanks for your understanding,

Sebkinne

I would like to beta test 1.3.0 but for some reason it will not let me sign in and download it. Thanks for the great product and the Hard work.

You haven't confirmed your email address yet. Once you do, you'll be able to log in.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

To add to this, Karma seems to be completely broken now. I live in a densely populated area. Normally when Karma runs I get tons of probes and the occasional association. Currently the logging is entirely empty after having ran for several hours.

Please report this on the beta website under the correct section and not here :)

Best regards,

Sebkinne

The idea is that there are usually a lot of things that don't make it to the actual release. We advise people to search through the forums to find solutions to known problems, and it *could* cause a lot of confusion with people turning up asking about why fixes to problems that aren't there aren't helping them. Tbh, I can't see why discussing it in the [bETA] thread itself is a bad idea, but I can certainly see why free reign over discussing it all over the forum would be a very bad idea indeed.

Am I making sense? I think I explained that right.

The idea is that there are usually a lot of things that don't make it to the actual release. We advise people to search through the forums to find solutions to known problems, and it *could* cause a lot of confusion with people turning up asking about why fixes to problems that aren't there aren't helping them. Tbh, I can't see why discussing it in the [bETA] thread itself is a bad idea, but I can certainly see why free reign over discussing it all over the forum would be a very bad idea indeed.

Am I making sense? I think I explained that right.

Yea sure I get that you shouldn't be opening new topics for beta issues, however as you see I don't see either why we can't discuss beta problems in the beta topic.

Because we want unbiased reports. Tell us what's working, what's not working, without being influenced by anyone else.

That's how we do our initial betas and what we decided upon. Maybe this will change later or we will change beta phases.

I don't see anything reported by you on our beta site either, which would be the correct place to let us know about any issue you have / any comments.

That's what we expect from anyone that tests the firmwares :)

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Sounds pretty fair, tbh. It make sense when you look at it from Sebs point of view - he needs to get the most unbiased reports from each person that agrees to test the beta in order to release the most stable and correctly functioning final build.

Edited by Xcellerator