Jasager And Karma On Tplink Tl-wr703n

bongk

OK so I have the latest OpenWRT on my TL-WR703N router.

I was able to install Karma, but when I run it I get:

init_pcap: no suitable datalink decoder found

I am able to use the aircrack-ng kit and put the interface into monitor mode:

root@OpenWrt:/etc/init.d# airmon-ng

Interface Chipset Driver

wlan0 Atheros ath9k - [phy0]

mon0 Atheros ath9k - [phy0]

I was also able to install Jasager and all the ruby dependencies, and fix all the syntax errors and such so it will "start" under Ruby 1.9...

but when I try to connect to http://ip:1471 it prompts for basic authenticatin for "karma" but I can't figure out the password (root / pineapplesareyummy) does not work.

In any case -

Any suggestions on getting Karma to start?

Does fixing Jasager do me any good if I can't fix Karma?

Thanks!

The http://ip:1471 was the Pineapple Mark I and II and is not the same in Mark III

You also need a custom patched hostapd to make things work right.

I would suggest just buy up an Alfa AP51 and flash with the firmware or wait for Mark 4 instead of trying to make it work on a device only you are familiar with.

is it true hak5 will be releasing MK4 shortly ?

Edited by Marlboro Filter

Bongk,

What board is that based on?

I should be able to whip you up a working karma, but I can't promise anything.

Best,

Sebkinne

I am also interested in getting karma working. I can provide you with SSH access once I receive mine if it will help you at all with getting karma to work with the TPLINK WR703N. PM if this would be of any help. Thanks

Without having a TP-WR703N myself it is hard to see if the firmware works as it should.

Getting the initial firmware isn't too bad, but without a device to try it on there will be issues.

I will think about getting one to make the firmware for.

Regards,

Sebkinne

Hey Sebkinne,

I will mail you a TL-WR703N for free if you want to try to get Karma working on it. I have two left here and more shipping once the Chinese Lunar New Year holiday is over. Email me your address at kevin<at>lapooh.com. I think it takes like 2 weeks for international shipping to you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cant wait for a firmware for that small box.

Just did a quick measurement.

When the Fonera is runnin it pulls an average of 500mAh from the batterypack.

The TP-Link only need 150-200mAh, which means it should run twice the time on battery power compared to the fon.

Not bad for "in-the-wild" operation.

• 2 weeks later...

just got mine too. cant wait for a firmware for this little box. also picked up a mr11u which is similar but has a removable lithium battery.

You can get it too from volumerates but theres also one left on ebay for $10 cheaper and ships from the US.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TP-LINK-TL-MR11U-Pocketable-11N-150M-3G-Mobile-Wireless-Broadband-Router-with-Bu-/120855490667?pt=COMP_EN_Routers&hash=item1c238c706b#ht_500wt_1287

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone was able to install Jasager + Karma on the wr703n? I have a wr703n with OpenWRT installed. I'm just in the middle of moding it right now with a USB hub plus a 16Gb flash drive to extend the memory but I need to know where to go from here. @Bonk, if you're still around, could you please post some instructions how you got Jasager + Karma installed?

Ok, I have Jasager + Karma installed. My wr703n is running Ruby 1.9 whereas Jasager was written for 1.8.7 and its causing some issues:

root@OpenWrt:~# /etc/init.d/jasager start
/usr/lib/ruby/1.9/rexml/source.rb:169:in `initialize': uninitialized constant Encoding::UTF_8 (NameError)
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9/rexml/source.rb:17:in `new'
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9/rexml/source.rb:17:in `create_from'
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9/rexml/parsers/baseparser.rb:139:in `stream='
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9/rexml/parsers/baseparser.rb:116:in `initialize'
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9/rexml/parsers/treeparser.rb:9:in `new'
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9/rexml/parsers/treeparser.rb:9:in `initialize'
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9/rexml/document.rb:230:in `new'
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9/rexml/document.rb:230:in `build'
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9/rexml/document.rb:43:in `initialize'
from /karma/bin/create_option_list.rb:15:in `new'
from /karma/bin/create_option_list.rb:15:in `block in <main>'
from /karma/bin/create_option_list.rb:11:in `each'
from /karma/bin/create_option_list.rb:11:in `<main>'
socket(): Address family not supported by protocol
[/CODE]

It actually starts up and I can access the login page on port 1471 but when I enter the correct credentials I get:

[CODE]
Access to this resource is forbidden
[/CODE]

Does anyone know how to downgrade the openWrt ruby packages to 1.8.7? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a version incompatibility between 1.8 and 1.9. I've not rewritten the site to run on 1.9 but if you want to then it isn't usually much to patch it up. Google the error and you'll probably find a dozen articles on how to fix that bug, repeat a few times and you should have some working code.

• 4 weeks later...

it should just be a case of uninstalling 1.9 and installing the packages for 1.8.7. It won't kill ssh so you'll always be able to ssh back in and roll back if it goes wrong.

Just check what dependencies it is removing when it takes out 1.9 so you can put them back.

I have karma working on the wr703n, just have to play around with the interfaces and iptables, inorder for it to work correctly.

I started from a clean build. (Openwrt Attitude Adjustment). Installed karma (opkg install karma), then copied the hostapd_cli from the pineapple :)

Otherwise, karma definately works, just have an interface/routing problem with iptables.

UPDATE: Got it routing traffic through ICS through default Openwrt interface and iptables configuration. Karma can pick up clients. Works well, but doesnt work in Lobbying environments, as the DHCP is given by the ICS, rather than the Pineapple.

Edited by midnitesnake