Hak5 On the Big Screen

atronomy

Last month I bought this Oppo DVD player that plays . divx and others directly from a cd-rom.  The Oppo has a DVI out and is connected to my projector. 

Yippee Hak5 on the big screen! There should be a picture below.

hxxp: pic20. picturetrail. com/VOL248/6762963/13003254/270062547. jpg

hxxp: www. oppodigital. com/dv970hd/dv970hd. html

Sounds like Spam. Image Dosent work. Other link is to the Actuall Product. Very Spam Like. Expecially because I have never heard of Oppo.

Not spam, I'm not a genius at forums and inserting images. Oppo is an unknown company to you, but very known to others.

Dosent = Doesn't

Expecially = Especially

How many times do I have to explain the anti-spam thingy that stops your first post being a link? Remember people, when we shifted over to SMF the spam dropped to virtually nothing. And since when did any spammer specifically endorse hak5 in there pitch? Spam is easy to spot, there is no point in actively seeking out false positives.

when we shifted over to SMF the spam dropped to virtually nothing

why exactly is that?

is it because of the "you need to post a few times to post links" thingy

or is it possibly because phpBB is more popular and is more likely to have scripts customised for it. kinda the network effect but this time in a sort of bad way

SMF is less popular and has a harder captcha. I also went to town on the anti-spam features, possibly a bit to far but hey. Honestly, beyond that I don't know. A lot  of people with smf forums still get spammed though.

The main reason for the no-links-on-first-post thing is because google scan this place on a daily basis, if they find spam then it gets put in there cache. When a spammer is looking for somewhere to spam, they tend to stick to the places they find spam, so if we have no spam here, its less likely they target us.

SMF is less popular and has a harder captcha. I also went to town on the anti-spam features, possibly a bit to far but hey. Honestly, beyond that I don't know. A lot  of people with smf forums still get spammed though.

The main reason for the no-links-on-first-post thing is because google scan this place on a daily basis, if they find spam then it gets put in there cache. When a spammer is looking for somewhere to spam, they tend to stick to the places they find spam, so if we have no spam here, its less likely they target us.

I think it also has to do with a large list of spamable boards and how to spam them, I think a change to ANY other board then phpbb would have solved the problem... temporarily.

I need a projector, a voltage inverter, the use of someone's car, my laptop, battery powered speakers, and a good building side.

Before we started doing Hak5, our group was doing a little thing we called Guerrilla Theater where we'd meet behind a building at night with inverter, projector, speakers, etc and have a good time watching B horror movies.... until the cops told us to leave. You can see parts of it in the 1x01 intro...

Also, cool hack.

• 2 weeks later...

ive got it on my sony bravia hd 32inch tv thats linked to my pc

but i dont like the fact that hak5 isnt in widescreen - u get the black bars either side of the film unless u want it streched  :-(