What is it called?

anyedie

I finally decided to make a real website for myself, but after signing up with bluehost.com and uploading my pages I realized that the bluehost symbol was showing up in my url bar, and that got me thinking...

What is that little thing?

Does anyone know how to change it?

To clairfy what im talking about, its the little symbol (for example the '5' in hak5) that is directly to the left of the url, in the url box in the browser.

You can also put this in your head section:

<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="image_name.png" />

The image can be any type of image which the browser supports, but remember to chage the type. It isn't against W3C standards unlike's the Microsoft invented favicon.ico system (I think Microsoft's favourite pastime is breaking web standards. Most browsers support this, but IE 6 doesn't. IE 7 might.

• 2 weeks later...
Horza wrote:
IE6 is and always has been a broken browser.

Agree, Firefox all the way.

Its just a shame it needs so much fracking memory to run then. I've started telling people with limited amounts of ram (128-256) to use IE7 because of this. You can take windows down to about 180mb footprint without to much of an issue, but run firefox and your disk is swapping data like mad.

Its just a shame it needs so much fracking memory to run then. I've started telling people with limited amounts of ram (128-256) to use IE7 because of this. You can take windows down to about 180mb footprint without to much of an issue, but run firefox and your disk is swapping data like mad.

its only really starts using large amounts of ram when you have a lot of tabs open (which i'm sure a lot of us do) but isn't the result going to be the same with ie7?

I haven't used ie7, AT ALL!