Overclocking

W4RP3D

What have you overclocked and how far?

Ive overclocked my ATI 9550 graphics card form a core of 250.00 and memory to 200.00 to a core of 427.09 and memory of 211.08

Average FPS 39 before and after 57

I oced a old ass proc from 1.0 ghz to 3.2!

Is that possible thats like a 320% increase WTF. What did you used to cool it Liquid Nitrogen? :roll:

I believe the numbers may be a bit off. The only times i saw numbers like that, and it was stable,was with the P4 1.6a. That chip copuld easily go over 2.5GHz with just a 3rd party heatsink/fan, and even higher with watter, pelts, or LNO2.

I've overclocked my 3200+ A64 from 2.0GHz to 2.4GHz, nothing special I know but I was just playing.

Overclocking is great if you have a machine that you just use to work on and not store anything on, it just don't trust it if you have all your data in that machine, too much chance of corrupting it.

I might have another play when my file server is up and running.

My old PII 200mhz went up to 300mhz once... then it went up to 400mhz about a year later... all by iteself... WTF?!

I also overclocked my graphics card from 400mhz core to 510mhz core or something. But it started getting artifacts in the Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory demo. I prefer not to damage anything in my PC. Especially since my psu is only 250w.

i use the kiddy asus over clocker for my video card, which resets the speeds after reboot, from 400mhz core to 460 and 500mhz ram to 580, pretty sure it could get higher with 3rd party it i dont need it :) and my cpu i use the kiddy gigabyte thingo amd 64 3000 1.8ghz @ 1.999ghz ,11% :) sits under 32degress with stock hs/f

Is that possible thats like a 320% increase WTF. What did you used to cool it Liquid Nitrogen?

Actually what i did is NOTHING compared to what others have done and the whole thing about getting liquid nitrogen its a joke it doesnt matter if you make it go 6.2ghz you dont need Ln just find a old fan and a heatsink and put it over the existing heatsinkl and fan n0 j0ke!

from the site

Since this Duron 1 GHz processor has the same stepping as the 1.3 GHz Duron (AXIA all over again!) we were pretty sure the chip will do at least 1.3 GHz - pretty good for a $90 processor.

1.3ghz is no were even near 3.2Ghz