OS X

GibMonkey

hi all,

this is my first post so plz b genital :P

ok ive got a amd 3500 single core(939 socket), on a asus a8n-sli, 3gb of kingston ram, 4 hard drives 2 sata, and 2 ide, and last but not least a benq dvdrw. Thats my system atm im running XP SP2, now ive heard that its possible to run OS-X on a pc. Ive googled it and found a few sites but nothing really helpful, more negative than positive, i was just hoping for a bit of inspiration or mabe someone tell to leave it well alone its not worth it.

Thanks

GibMonkey

this is my first post so plz b genital

Cock and Balls, Cock and Balls. Hope that was GENITAL enough for you.

Search the hak5 wiki show notes. Harrison showed Darren and John how to add Tiger to a PC, but he also shows you what your requirements are(like chip instruction set capabilities) or try the podzinger search on the main hak5 page. It will probably pull up the video for you with a serch for tiger.

I think it was in episode 2 or three (Twenty-Three...never mind), but like I said, do a search on the podzinger for a quick video on it.

2nd

just to warn you this community doesn't support warez so buy the software and go through and add the patches your self.

I do.

Well, not really, but the parroting of "winners don't do warez" on this forum all the time kind of grates. I'm think most of the people who say it do actually do warez, I know I do sometimes. Also that pithy phrase doesn't really take into account the different socio-economic situations around the world, where paying full price for a copy of software is perhaps a lot more than in rich developed countries. Even within the EU there is a big disparity between some of the older western members and the newer eastern members. That's irrelevant in my case, since I'm from the UK but it's something to consider. I'm just not really for it or against it, since a lot of it depends on who makes the software, what it costs, and who the person downloading the software is. There's definitely no way in hell I'm ever going to pay over £500 for Photoshop since I don't use it very much - it's just nice to have when I occasionally want to do some photo manipulation or something, but I pay for software from smaller companies providing I think they aren't overcharging for their software.

We just can't put links up about warez on the forums. Thats the only rule about warez we have, and its simply to stop pissy letters from lawyers. Because if they send it to the hosting company and not Darren, the entire site gets pulled.

I think it was in episode 2 or three (Twenty-Three...never mind), but like I said, do a search on the podzinger for a quick video on it.

I have watched all of them but didnt see it. I also did the search and didnt see it. Do you know the actual episode.?

I have watched all of them but didnt see it. I also did the search and didnt see it. Do you know the actual episode.?

Episode 2 around 23 min mark

Warning this is an older way to install, back during osx was in version 10.4.1, I'm currently on 10.4.6. Now days with the patches that are available you can install natively from a cd.

I also recommend partition magic or similar program if you wish to do a multi boot

Warning this is an older way to install, back during osx was in version 10.4.1, I'm currently on 10.4.6. Now days with the patches that are available you can install natively from a cd.

I also recommend partition magic or similar program if you wish to do a multi boot

is this on season 1 or 2 cos ive looked on S2 and cant c it ill have to DL S1 if its on there?

is this on season 1 or 2 cos ive looked on S2 and cant c it ill have to DL S1 if its on there?

Season 1, Episode 2.

wow, this thread is a 23skiddo tunnel. my advise... find out if your AMD chip can do SSE2 and/or SSE3 by running a little .exe called CPU-Z http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php. From there see if it would be worth it to run, I hear people with SSE2 can but it is far from optimized and why would you want to run that slow... however if your box rocks SSE3 then go for it, you can even VMware OSX these days...

P.S. how many freakin posts do I have to make to get the noob tag down... It just is a little more meaningful around these parts...

P.P.S. Why did you have to kill and grill my brother and put him on a sandwich. he was such a hardworking noob.. :cry:

P.S. how many freakin posts do I have to make to get the noob tag down... It just is a little more meaningful around these parts...

P.P.S. Why did you have to kill and grill my brother and put him on a sandwich. he was such a hardworking noob.. :cry:

more then 2

Per another post already talkd about this:

0      n00b 

8      hackling 

16      Hak.5 Fan 

32      Hak.5 Fan + 

64      Hak.5 Fan ++ 

128      Hak.5 Zombie 

256      Hak.5 Pirate 

512      Hak.5 Ninja 

1000*   Melodic Post Count 

1024   Hak.5 Uber fan +++ 

1337   Hak.5 31337