1337c - IPTV EP1

Guest ABC

lol the intro is abit of a joke.

the whole idea of this project is, well its a school project so its assessed. and its me stealing its ip and nmaping it .. but my teachers no shit .. they will reconise the remote access and then think im hacking them, then report me .. then the admin will come see and be like "hes only nmping" and then the teacher will look like a n00b

lol the intro is abit of a joke.

the whole idea of this project is, well its a school project so its assessed. and its me stealing its ip and nmaping it .. but my teachers no shit .. they will reconise the remote access and then think im hacking them, then report me .. then the admin will come see and be like "hes only nmping" and then the teacher will look like a n00b

haha, awesome.

2 Things:

-What program do you use for your editing?

and

-Your website might need a bit of a redesign :)

windows movie maker >.> ... STFU it dose the job

anyone recomend others? BTW how do you do the CGI scene breakers like in hak.5?

btw like Damn we need a proper camera.

yeah how couldi improve the site too?

On your site:

-The blue background looks out of place and weird. Try a background image with thin stripes repeating in a either a lightish or darkish gray/metallic green/blue.

-The layout on the main page looks messy. Maybe put the pictures of you two guys side by side above the latest news articles.

-Make Verdana the default font for everything on your site, and maybe make the text on the navigation bar a little bit smaller, but bold.

If you want help with any of this, I'd be glad to help, PM me if you want.

Your school doesn't rent out cameras, tripods, and the like?

My high school has a rad digital media room.

I can link to a project if you want. (I'm not wanting to draw attention away from yours)

yeah what ever helps .. i know it can be hard .. btw could you guys pass out the word to your mates :)

nah my school dosnt have anything liek that. My school wouldnt have use for anything like that.

gay school site : www.belfastroyalacademy.com

neochivers, the video link did not work for me... Is that a sony/erricson your using?

Did notice that your domain(s) have been blacklisted a few times for phishing scams on eBay and as fake Bank portals though...very interesting...Why the redirects through Russia?

don't want to be rude but i only understood 2 words you sayd , vista and computer the rest was complete jibberish to me

something bout "this is the foetus where the harddrive goes..."

"...backlash from the motorroller ...." "basic harware ..." , i really had the impression you were drunk ...

on the other hand not bad for being drunk XD

<3 yer case tho :P

neochivers, the video link did not work for me... Is that a sony/erricson your using?

Did notice that your domain(s) have been blacklisted a few times for phishing scams on eBay and as fake Bank portals though...very interesting...Why the redirects through Russia?

WTF?!!!! its all recorded on an Ps2 Eyetoy ... and hosted on google video

For some reason the link you provided, the video would not play for me, but I did a keyword search for your name and was able to find it. Downloading the avi now because googles streaming seems a bit jumbled. Maybe the avi will play smoother from my desktop.

The Sony Erricson reference I was talking about was the Cell used to take your profile pic. (K750i) Sweet phone. I don't think it is for sale here in the U.S...

Before I get started, I just want to say, this is not a flame or bash against your video. Just some help I want to offer.

Ok. Few critiques.

My opinion

Video : 2 out of 5

Audio : 1.5 out of 5

You can improve this with the following:

1- Invest in a seperate microphone from the cameras,(a cheap $20 radio shack will do fine) and get either a pop filter or foam cover for the mic. An audio compressor and noise filter(or use a software one through your pc) to improve your audio volume, and maybe a mixer for eq. TOne down the highes and lows, and leave a nice warm mid for voices. The highs and lows will pop the mic and give you that loud hiss your hearing in your video. Compressing the audio feed ahead of time is kind of like normalizing the aduio, but not having to do it so much in post production, which is hard when using windows movie maker, as you would need the audio feed seperate from the video and editied in an audio program like sound forge or cool edit, etc.

2- Enlist one of your friends to do the camera work for you, or buy a tripod/monopod setup as this would cut down on the jerky movments and loud crashes into the microphone on the camera(hence the seperate mic)

3- Take a few practice runs, or even write down what your going to say. Outline your work so you know what to say before hand and speak clearly. I had a hard time understanding a lot of what you were saying, but I think part of it was the volume levels and you were going a little fast in some parts.

4- Try CamTasia. It will help with the screen captures and also has a nice easy to use built in editor similar to Movie Maker, but with some other screen overlays and effects. It also lets you save them as Flash videos with High Quality so you could put it right up on your site for people to watch. Always a plus because you control the quality of the video, as where google controls the conversion and such, you can get much higher quality with CamTasia's flash output. It scripts it all and makes the HTML form you, so all you do is upload the folder of output and post the link to the video page.

5- Lighting. One or two lamps on the floor (below you, without the shades on them) and one overhead will make a world of difference. Its easier to see when the camera isnt trying to compensate for the white balance each time you move the camera.

I hope you take these comments as help and not offensive. This is constructive criticism, and I am not a bashing your work. If your serious about doing more videos, I hope these ideas will help improve your work and we can all see what you put out next.

Take care.

Thnk you very much for the great feed back.

yes the audio is shit i must admit. but towards the end i did switch mic and it improved.

lol as for camera work .. i dont think i can buy a try pod .. well I actually dont even own a camera lol. its a PS2 Eyetoy (http://www.andrew-irvine.co.uk/images/webcams/eyetoy.jpg). these are actually cameras for playing motion responsive games on PlayStaion 2's ... i found a driver ot make it work on my pc though

one other thing content? I was had no idea what content i needed .. can anyone suggest a few segment ideas?

I think the concept and the Idea you have behind the project is good, but Like everyone else said, the sound quality wasn't that great but I'm sure it can be improved. I did understand the majority of what you were saying and I liked it. Keep improving and keep up the work. ;)

1) camera stabalisation:

Ideally get a tripod, for no money however, find a platform that can rotate

put it at the level you want to do the video at. Pick a level, either seated or standard but avoid alternating. Get someone else to pan the camera.

2) lighting:

get at least 3 of the brightest lights you can find, get some white posterboard

reflect the light off the posterboard, you should have at least 2 lights for background, and at least one fot the subject.

3) as you don't have a good camera try and keep your self at approximately the same distance from the camera that will prevent the nasty focus problems.

4) Audio:

Use a seperate mic for audio, even a cheap mic will be fine, or you could use like a gaiming headset or something.

5) don't do eveything as a single take - take the time to plan it out. To do live type stuff you need mulitble cameras and a video mixer.

anyways hope that helps