Creating .exe executables

UnknownPrivelage

first an .exe is a compilation (word?) of code, this code can be C, Cpp, VB, and alot of other languages, making an .exe is as simple as just yelling t ur PC to do things.

From what i can tell, u want to use the U3 software to auto run an payload, so im thinking that ur payload is kept in a .bat formation? if so use ur U3, and a U3 non-u3 application Adder, and just make ur U3 auto run the batch file.

Otherwise, learn C, and Cpp.

Hm, kinda...well... actually forget the payload part.. I just want to write an .exe file that would run another file. I can't find any sites that teach how to do this. Do you just open a notepad..start typing away..in C ..and save as .exe? It doesn't let me edit later though like other extensions such as .bat .cmd

I'm a noob lol

hmm okay, so i still dont see y u want to make it but http://www.abyssmedia.com/quickbfc/ is a link to a .bat compiler, it will make ur .bat/.cmd and make it an .exe though u will need to keep a copy of the original .bat as it is hard to decompile the .exe made.

also if ur interested in kinda what im saying i suggest u check out the wiki on compiling, it will make a lot more sence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compiler

you cant just start typing and save it as exe., an exe is executable code, thus you need to write code in a human readable language such as c, c++ etc. then use a respective compiler, to translate from the human readable code into machine code, which can be executed by your computer.

Actually you can start typing and save it as an exe. I showed an example in #hak5 a few weeks ago.

As a pointless bastard i feel the need to point out that .exe is essentially a Microsoft binary (DOS, Windows).

As such the proper term would be binary.

Also I’m a little out of the loop as far as windows is concerned, what’s a .msi? and how does it differ from a normal binary setup program.

note: I think its .msi, some sort of .exe that’s not an .exe

you cant just start typing and save it as exe., an exe is executable code, thus you need to write code in a human readable language such as c, c++ etc. then use a respective compiler, to translate from the human readable code into machine code, which can be executed by your computer.

Actually you can start typing and save it as an exe. I showed an example in #hak5 a few weeks ago.

how i havent used windows in a couple a years, but i thought .exe were binary files. are you writing the actual hex or binary of the process you wish to to execute, if so thats awesome. or can exe's also be script code for a shell to interpret, I'm honestly not sure, an example of this here would be sweet though

a .msi extension is a Microsoft installer file. Basically a .exe with fancy microsoft installion. Most of the .msi files I have seen are all Windows Add-ons like windows defender adn stuff like that. 8)

The python and perl packages from activestate also come in .msi's. Its just an installer.

yup pretty much, .MSI is just an installer built sepcialy for windows, pretty much the equvilant to an RMP so to speak.

Most MSI's are used to install framework for windows, such as the perl, and python ones, other windows pretty much uses MSI for all there files.

how i havent used windows in a couple a years, but i thought .exe were binary files. are you writing the actual hex or binary of the process you wish to to execute, if so thats awesome. or can exe's also be script code for a shell to interpret, I'm honestly not sure, an example of this here would be sweet though

I was directly writing the ascii characters to a file.

I was directly writing the ascii characters to a file.

holy crap dude... that would take either serious time or serious skill =)

If you are just starting I would suggest Visual Basic, as it it extremely easy to use and learn, but can still make great apps

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vb/