Still Doesn't Work, Even With MrMath Fix...?

mrweiner

I made all of the canges to the pandoragrabber.js that mrmath said.

Also switched out the JAR and the default.properties to the updated ones, and it still wont grab on cruise or manual.

Still the same exact problem as before I changed anything.

Also, if i doubleclick the JAR file, the java window opens, but firefox doesnt open unless I doubleclick the MS_DOS Batch File also.

Tried cleaning out the cache and everything but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

didnt work for me also. why doesnt the person who came up with the fix just upload the files that work for him?

edit got it working. the problem was that he to edit the file in the js folder but never said that we need to edit the one in the main folder also

I will make a new installer if possible

k i made the working version into a install exe file

i usually make them to help my friend update his pandora because it used to take like 20 minutes to get him to get it working but with the setup files, it only takes a few seconds

but i cant host it on my web server because my site is usually inspected by the owners of the servers constantly

i have it here

http://www.mediafire.com/?2nwnmmi4ina

to give the batch a icon i made a .exe file for it that allows a shortcut for the desktop

k i made the working version into a install exe file

i usually make them to help my friend update his pandora because it used to take like 20 minutes to get him to get it working but with the setup files, it only takes a few seconds

but i cant host it on my web server because my site is usually inspected by the owners of the servers constantly

i have it here

http://www.mediafire.com/?2nwnmmi4ina

to give the batch a icon i made a .exe file for it that allows a shortcut for the desktop

Nice work! Many thanks. Now if I could just get the thing to work! Still no joy after all this time... and effort (made less so due to your efforts here)...

I hope I can eventually do timeshifting.

Your .exe file should be posted by the forum for everyone until a stable solution can be created.

Thanks again,

JoeNoob

if your having trouble getting pandora to run,

make sure you have firefox installed and flash 8 installed

(firefox has to be closed while doing this)

Step 1: Go to C:Documents and SettingsUSERNAMEApplication DataMozillaFirefox

Step 2: Right click on a file named pluginreg

Step 3: open with notepad

Step 4: Press Ctrl + F

Step 5: type in the word "flash" then press enter

you will see a line named(example)

$

Shockwave Flash 8.0 xxx R22|$

Shockwave Flash|$

0|application/x-shockwave-flash|Macromedia Flash movie|swf|$

Step 6: locate the 8.0 xxx R22

Step 7: replace the 8.0 xxx R22

with

9.0.21 d55

then save changes and close

after that open your pandora again

you will need Firefox as the program only works with Firefox

second, you will need flash player 8, flash player 9 will not work with this

uninstalling flash 9 from Firefox http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash_plugin#Uninstalling_Flash

copy of flash 8 if you cant find it http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=flashp

3rd, you will need java runtime installed

not sure. never used itunes but it should work it has the feature

(ditched ipod for pocket pc with the card export plugin, my pocket pc becomes plug and play and shows up as a flash drive so all i need to do is copy and paste all of my music onto it much easier and I don't have to worry about the video or audio format because the core media player program plays all of the formats)

those steps i posted are to make it work with flash 8

pandora jar cant rip audio from flash 9 so everyone has to have flash 8 installed

that flash 8 tweak that I showed allows you to play almost any flash 9 content on flash player 8

With flash 9 the get track button doesn't work. With flash 8 and your tweak, I get the infamous "In order to use Pandora, we request that you upgrade Adobe's Flash Player. How do I upgrade Flash Player?" message... ...and NO MUSIC.

Why does this work for some folks and not for others (like me)?

Bummed,

JoeNoob

Hi Razor512,

I gave the 'Pandora mediaplayer.exe' archive a try

so here's what i noticed, even if i didn't test it

extensively. The grab button is fixed, the Title/

Artist directories & fields seem to work normally,

the Album directory & field are OK when available,

the Track #, Year and Genre Fields worked if those

were available as well... The Comment field still

declares "ripped by [PaNDoRas jAR] your source for

listening pleasure" but that's cured when clearing

the 'pandoraGrabber.js' &Comment field. Anyway, i

checked my Flash version through this address 1st:

http://www.adobe.com/fr/products/flash/about/

(result is 8.0.24.0)

Then made sure that Pandora will be happy with it:

about:plugins

(result is 9.0.21 d55)

As you can imagine, it means i read the 'txt1.txt'

file where you show how to edit 'pluginreg.dat'...

I don't understand what 'Pandora media player.exe'

and the link it calls are meant to do so i ignored

them, moved my whole 'Pandora' directory elsewhere

and put pack my own version of 'Pandora.BAT'; ha,

and SRS Audio SandBox v1.3.x simply fits Pandora's

Jar wonderfully! There are error warnings related

to Last.FM but that's still a nice contribution!!!

Did i say thanks?...

:wink:

the exe file was made so i can get icon support instead of the standard batch file icon

(was basically testing if it would work, having the exe file launch firefox and pandora like how the batch file would)

I also had to add it because the installer has the option to make a desktop and quicklaunch shortcut and i had to do something to prevent people from getting a error when they select a desktop shortcut to the exe file for it

Razor512,

You were right. I missed one of the flash lines in pluginreg.dat - after uninstalling flash version 9 and reinstalling version 8 (for like the 5th time). I cleared the temp folder, restarted the PC, cleared the folder again and restarted again. Started up PJ and VOILA, it worked!!

Happy camper,

JoeNoob

ps - MANY thanks for your work and patience with n00bs like me. Maybe there will be a place in PC heaven for you yet...

ill try to see if i can get it to do that

used a older version since i checked everywhere for the cf version and could not find it. and the link given in the main discussion didnt work to download it

and i couldnt use the versions of it that i already had because i didnt have the latest cf version and the ones I have don't work properly

always the problem with it not ripping the song because another song has the same hash

the 7.4 old version allows you to grab the track at any time, no waiting 15-20 seconds and still having hash problems or songs getting the wrong name.

Thanks Razor! Editing the .js and .html files didn't but maybe I didn't have the latest jars, anyway your installer worked for me.

A couple things:

I didn't need to follow any of the instructions in the installer because I'm using the flash switcher plugin as mentioned in a comment in the noob guide. Instead I just use flash 8.0 r24 and load pandora's jar, then when pandora gives me a flash error I right click, Show Only This Frame, then hit back and it loads.

I already have port 80 taken (apache) so the exe didn't work for me. I just edited the bat that came with the installer though and hard coded a different port number (changed %1 to 8085) and it works. BTW the cd and start firefox lines are unnecessary, because pandora's jar loads firefox anyway.

Just a note to the forum admin, my registration link got corrupted so I couldn't activate my account at first, the quoted-printable gunk was messing up the link, but luckily I'm a hax0r (lol) so I just replaced all the =3D s in the link with = and it worked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-edit-

Ok jeez...Nevermind about flash switcher and the View only this frame trick. It worked at first but then after 15 mins pandora gave me the flash version error again...It's done this before but now the right click trick doesn't work anymore, even after restarting firefox and pandora's jar.

So, I disabled flash switcher, uninstalled flash 9, installed flash 8, hacked pluginreg.dat, and now it's working again.

BTW if you need to find those instructions from the installer again they're in txt1.txt.

Is it just me or the PJ`s exe freezes at 99% when downloading?

It`ll be great if somebody could post a mirror or email me the app plz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got PJ working, but i can`t manage to enable the grab button, that`s what i want to give it a try

abbadon23(at)gmail.com

Is it just me or the PJ`s exe freezes at 99% when downloading?

It`ll be great if somebody could post a mirror or email me the app plz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got PJ working, but i can`t manage to enable the grab button, that`s what i want to give it a try

abbadon23(at)gmail.com

Read this topic