Modules

Newbier

1 hour ago, fernandoblazin said:

Hi Seb And Darren What is the chances in the next iteration of the Pineapple the modules are created  and supported by Hak5 with optional column with user created modules

I'm unsure what you mean.

All officially supported modules are pre-installed on the WiFi Pineapple and are available in the sidebar. All user modules are available from the Module Manager module and are clearly separated by being inside of the "Modules" section.

Apologies if I am misunderstanding.

46 minutes ago, fernandoblazin said:

Ok lets see if we understand each other question are are modules created by users and then submitted to hak5 for approval before it can be added to repository. i apologise  if misunderstand how the process works 

Yep that's how I see it. however then Firmware updates happen, these can sometimes cause a few of the modules some trouble. Its then usually the responsibility of the developer to tweak the module back into operation, if the original developer is still around, not too busy etc.

Im wondering if a module ranking system would be possible to mark 100% working modules with current firmware,, some that work but need updates, and some that no longer work and will no longer be supported... maybe Green, amber and red for example. Or possibly a link tothe modules support thread itself, maybe both? I dunno.

To be fair though a lot of the modules with issues have fixes and work around's in the individual modules threads here

https://forums.hak5.org/forum/90-nano-tetra-modules/

15 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

Yep that's how I see it. however then Firmware updates happen, these can sometimes cause a few of the modules some trouble. Its then usually the responsibility of the developer to tweak the module back into operation, if the original developer is still around, not too busy etc.

Im wondering if a module ranking system would be possible to mark 100% working modules with current firmware,, some that work but need updates, and some that no longer work and will no longer be supported... maybe Green, amber and red for example. Or possibly a link tothe modules support thread itself, maybe both? I dunno.

To be fair though a lot of the modules with issues have fixes and work around's in the individual modules threads here

https://forums.hak5.org/forum/90-nano-tetra-modules/

Thanks Just a User that's similar to what i was trying to get at Seb, and i know about the fixes and work around's and the community input has been awesome.  I been using the pineapple for a while now and notice the modules seems to be a people often criticize it on.

Make a text file for each module (developer makes the text file) that is formatted something like this:

v1.0 TRUE
v1.1 FALSE
v1.2 NOT TESTED

TRUE being it works with that version, FALSE meaning it doesn't work, and NOT TESTED means, of course, it hasn't been tested and the dev isn't sure.

Then the PineAP GUI just needs to read the text file in each module directory and puts them in categories in the GUI (or just puts a coloured border or tag on them or something).

Obviously, colours would more than likely be green, yellow and red.

Archived