Tetra battery recommendation

Can someone recommend a battery pack that they’ve had extensive field testing with?

I purchased “Portable Charger RAVPower 26800 Battery Packs 26800mAh Total 5.5A Output 3-Port Power Bank” and it does not seem to be as advertised...during heavy consumption my Tetra just crashes and reboots 

i use 2x anker 10000mah batteries.  Im pretty sure the tactical kit comes with anker 13000mah battery.  you need a total of 5v4.8a to power the tetra which is 2x 5v2.4a ports.  Ive had a lot of luck with anker.  the ravpower 20000mah battery I got is the same way as you have described.  Also use 2 separate cords. Ive found that using a y-cable is shotty with the tetra.  So plug one into eth1 and the other into the uart micro usb port.  I have also made my own y-cable from really nice cables that way fitment for the port is tight.

Y-cable <-- I grabbed 2 of these Micro usb cables and one of these.

2 hours ago, b0N3z said:

i use 2x anker 10000mah batteries.  Im pretty sure the tactical kit comes with anker 13000mah battery.  you need a total of 5v4.8a to power the tetra which is 2x 5v2.4a ports.  Ive had a lot of luck with anker.  the ravpower 20000mah battery I got is the same way as you have described.  Also use 2 separate cords. Ive found that using a y-cable is shotty with the tetra.  So plug one into eth1 and the other into the uart micro usb port.  I have also made my own y-cable from really nice cables that way fitment for the port is tight.

Y-cable <-- I grabbed 2 of these Micro usb cables and one of these.

Thank you for the cable insight B0n3z. I just tried using two separate micro USB cables with the same battery and it might just be the Hak5 USB Y-cable. The battery I bought should technically be enough...I did look for quite a while before buying it>  RAVPower 26800 Battery

its a good battery but the y-cable is definitly a loose in the port.  I also make sure my Tetra is quite secure in whatever I need to carry it in, that way the cables aren't moving around and causing reboots

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, merlin20302 said:

How Long can You use the Tetra with one Anker (10000mAh)? 

Tetra = 18W max load so worst case calc would be

18W / 5V = 3.6A

10Ah / 3.6A = 2.7 Hrs

2.7 hours * 60 = 162mins

But that is continuous max load so will be much better than that if idling or doing low power tasks.

• 2 months later...

XTPower XT20000QC2

This is the battery I use and it has been great. Charges quickly with a dc adapter, can output from dc port so you can connect this to your pineapple without wasting your other ports to power. 

Reasonably small, you can put it in a backpack anywhere and thread it to your device. 

I went through a lot of batteries until I found this one. Give it a  shot. 

Archived