new TETRA Bricked wtf

tim657657

just bought my tetra  and now it wont boot and really havent even had a chance to play around with it.  yellow light stuck on and will not reboot i tried holding reset 7 sec   and also tried 30,30,30 reset to try and reflash new firmware and tried multiple combonations with power pluged in and not tried to ssh nothing   but when i try to use a com3 a session will bring up a black treminal in putty but will not ask me for wifi pineapple  username and password. its like its in stuck mode.If there even is a stuck mode ..But anyway  its bricked it seems. 

1 hour ago, tim657657 said:

just bought my tetra  and now it wont boot and really havent even had a chance to play around with it.  yellow light stuck on and will not reboot i tried holding reset 7 sec   and also tried 30,30,30 reset to try and reflash new firmware and tried multiple combonations with power pluged in and not tried to ssh nothing   but when i try to use a com3 a session will bring up a black treminal in putty but will not ask me for wifi pineapple  username and password. its like its in stuck mode.If there even is a stuck mode ..But anyway  its bricked it seems. 

did you already try a firmware recovery? its different to a factory reset - https://www.wifipineapple.com/pages/faq

what are all the specs for setting up the serial  com  baud rate etc...?

9 hours ago, barry99705 said:

Also make sure it's actually com3.  Might be using a different com port now.

it opens a seesion and does nothing just opens and when i go to close it session ends but will not ask me to login  or anything.

6 hours ago, barry99705 said:

I know, that's why I said make sure it's actually using com 3.

it is and its bricked still yellow solid light cant start the new firmware flash from the 192.168.1.1 static ip that hak5 explains in its faq

com3h.PNG

Okay, if you're trying the recovery method, you should be plugged into the usb ethernet port, not the serial port.

Unplug the WiFi Pineapple completely from all power sources.
Begin holding the RESET button on the device.
With the RESET button held, power on the device.
Continue holding the RESET button for 10 seconds, then release.
NANO: The blue LED will remain solid
TETRA: The yellow LED will remain solid
Connect the host PC to the WiFi Pineapple via the USB Ethernet Port
TETRA: The Micro USB port labeled ETH
From the host PC, configure a static IP address on the WiFi Pineapple facing Ethernet interface to 192.168.1.2 with netmask 255.255.255.0
From the host PC, browse to http://192.168.1.1
Click Choose File and select the factory firmware image downloaded above.
Click Update Firmware.
This process will take several minutes. Do not interrupt the power supply while the firmware is updating. Once complete, the WiFi Pineapple will restart.
Reset the the WiFi Pineapple facing USB Ethernet interface back to DHCP or 172.16.42.42 with netmask 255.255.255.0

On 6/22/2018 at 5:02 PM, barry99705 said:

Okay, if you're trying the recovery method, you should be plugged into the usb ethernet port, not the serial port.

Unplug the WiFi Pineapple completely from all power sources.
Begin holding the RESET button on the device.
With the RESET button held, power on the device.
Continue holding the RESET button for 10 seconds, then release.
NANO: The blue LED will remain solid
TETRA: The yellow LED will remain solid
Connect the host PC to the WiFi Pineapple via the USB Ethernet Port
TETRA: The Micro USB port labeled ETH
From the host PC, configure a static IP address on the WiFi Pineapple facing Ethernet interface to 192.168.1.2 with netmask 255.255.255.0
From the host PC, browse to http://192.168.1.1
Click Choose File and select the factory firmware image downloaded above.
Click Update Firmware.
This process will take several minutes. Do not interrupt the power supply while the firmware is updating. Once complete, the WiFi Pineapple will restart.
Reset the the WiFi Pineapple facing USB Ethernet interface back to DHCP or 172.16.42.42 with netmask 255.255.255.0

i can copy paste also from the site /...BTW ...i have already done all that. i came back to update what the event log says when connecting thru com 3  it hold the seesion open but cant do anything and the evnt log is saying 2018-06-25 00:34:13    Configuring no flow control  whats  that mean ?  Thought it was suppose to be no flow control.

1 hour ago, tim657657 said:

Configuring no flow control  whats  that mean ?  Thought it was suppose to be no flow control.

Woah, it sounds like you have lost usual contact with your device. Like the wrong firmware was flashed onto it or interrupted a flash or something? Its very unusual to receive a new device in this state.

Either way, if you have no GUI/web access, No uboot recovery access and no usable serial access your not going to get very far in recovering your device.

I would start an official support ticket https://hakshop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2018 at 11:05 AM, flyingspider said:

Tim,

Were you able to fix your problem? I got my tetra yesterday and looks like I got the same issue. Any information will be helpful. Thank you!

Pleases plug it into the wall. when doing the update.

Archived