Lost USB Y Cable...

G0rk0m

Title says it all.  Lost the Y cable.  Looked on amazon, couldn't find in stock that match the type that shipped with my Nano.  And I don't see replacements for sale in the Hak5 store.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2018 at 12:34 AM, b0N3z said:

I use this exact cable for mine. 🙂

Great advice...........looking for a 'Y" cable (C to two USB) to connect to Nexus 6P and then to external 2.4GHZ Ariel and brick.......is this possible and if so, best place to buy?

Cheers 😎

PS. Running NetHunter on device

8 hours ago, INFOTRACE said:

Great advice...........looking for a 'Y" cable (C to two USB) to connect to Nexus 6P and then to external 2.4GHZ Ariel and brick.......is this possible and if so, best place to buy?

Cheers 😎

PS. Running NetHunter on device

https://www.amazon.com/splitter-iFlash-Adapter-Female-MacBook/dp/B07C6TY58N/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=usb-c+to+usb-a+splitter&qid=1564954465&s=gateway&sr=8-3

usb-c to dual usb-a 2.0 at 0.5amp.  with this you should be able to plug in pineapple and wifi dongle to use with nethunters. ( theoretically )   You will have to use the y-cable with the nano and use an external battery, the wifi dongle might also need a y-cable with an external battery.  Best bet is use a battery that puts out at least 2.4amp from the usb.  I wouldnt rely on the phone to power any of it.

8 hours ago, b0N3z said:

https://www.amazon.com/splitter-iFlash-Adapter-Female-MacBook/dp/B07C6TY58N/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=usb-c+to+usb-a+splitter&qid=1564954465&s=gateway&sr=8-3

usb-c to dual usb-a 2.0 at 0.5amp.  with this you should be able to plug in pineapple and wifi dongle to use with nethunters. ( theoretically )   You will have to use the y-cable with the nano and use an external battery, the wifi dongle might also need a y-cable with an external battery.  Best bet is use a battery that puts out at least 2.4amp from the usb.  I wouldnt rely on the phone to power any of it.

b0N3z,

Excellent advice (as always). 🔥🔥🔥🔥

I agree that the phone will not be enough nor trusted. The idea is to power a 2.4GHZ external arial, and use a powerbank at the same time. The one i have at the moment has a 1.0 and 2.1 USB ports. I use the 2.1 to charge the phone, so a 'Y' cable running onto those should be sufficient. One end into the phone, then from the two remaining one to the arial and the other to the power bank. 

I believe that I need to click the USB debugging to allow, and change the setting on the USB section from charging to allow data? Now that I see it written down, I am not sure if that will work?🧐

Thanks again for the advice as always.😊

Cheers 😎

@INFOTRACE So if you get a bigger battery that has 2 2.4amp usb ports.....   The y-cable from the pineapple will also charge the phone, as long as you have the other end of the y on the battery.   The nano takes 5v2.1amp.  Im also thinking the same if you do a y-cable from the 2.4ghz dongle, which would give you enough power for the pineapple, usb, and keep a constant charge towards the phone.   

This is all in theory as I have not tried it and dont have nethunters on a phone.  But usb-c should be able to handle the data and power from everything.  

I messed around with this a couple years ago on my nexus 6p, which also had usb-c.

*** Im about half tempted to pull out my nexus 6p and update it with nethunters and find all the dongles to do this.

17 hours ago, b0N3z said:

@INFOTRACE So if you get a bigger battery that has 2 2.4amp usb ports.....   The y-cable from the pineapple will also charge the phone, as long as you have the other end of the y on the battery.   The nano takes 5v2.1amp.  Im also thinking the same if you do a y-cable from the 2.4ghz dongle, which would give you enough power for the pineapple, usb, and keep a constant charge towards the phone.   

This is all in theory as I have not tried it and dont have nethunters on a phone.  But usb-c should be able to handle the data and power from everything.  

I messed around with this a couple years ago on my nexus 6p, which also had usb-c.

*** Im about half tempted to pull out my nexus 6p and update it with nethunters and find all the dongles to do this.

Hi buddy, 

Great information as always🔥🔥🔥. I have NetHunter on rooted Nexus 6p, and to be fair I have not exploited all of its potential as I still favour the USB Kali accessibilities via Win 10 Pro (Len) and that way I can use the USB 3.0 Asus (2.4 and 5GHZ) system. The range is excellent and at times too great an area/distance is covered. I will try the setup you mentioned and see how that goes. 

Thanks again for all the advice you provide to Hak5 forum, as I for one appreciate it. 😎

Archived