WPA3

hwally

WPA3, while being announced, still needs adoption and testing and then support for devices and OS's, which is probably still a year away or more. WPA2 is also still getting updates and patches. Hopefully I'll be able to keep my existing routers and just get updates to support WPA3, but I have a feeling vendors aren't going to be so nice.

11 hours ago, Spoonish said:

The key is to get head. I use a defi helmet server secured within a broccoli wepa4 proton pylon building area. 

/jameson

needs more tinfoil. and bacon.

Just now, Krayl said:

Maybe no more TKIP exploit, like Michael shutdown exploit (mdk3) or no more deauthentication attacks.

But for the mdk3 exploit you could just use aes only to avoid that, and for deauth there is 802.11w at the moment. In a few years there need to be new exploits

• WPA3 protocol strengthens fan privacy in entry networks through individualized data encryption.
  • WPA3 protocol will along with guard nearby monster-force dictionary attacks, preventing hackers from making fused login attempts by using commonly used passwords.
  • WPA3 protocol, as well as offers, simplified security for devices that often have no display for configuring security settings, i.e., IoT devices.
  • Finally, there will be a 192-bit security suite for protecting WiFi users networks later cold security requirements, such as supervision, defense, and industrial organizations.

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:49 PM, Krayl said:

For deauth...

Technically being able to deauth devices from a network at the moment is simply a time-saving tool.

One of the best pentesting skills one can learn is patience! No need to deauth if you have patience. Besides, deauth is noisy, silently waiting is silent.