Nano wont save timezone settings

Just like the title says, after changing my time zone 100 times it simply won't save. I don't know if this is a bug or not but its just annoying. Also what is the timezone used for with the nano, obviously to know the current time but why would it need to know that? just curious.

It actually is changing the timezone. Note the panel above the dropdown - it changes once you hit save. 

The dropdown will reset back it it's original value. 

And why does it need your timezone? To make sure logs / timestamps actually make sense. 

14 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

It actually is changing the timezone. Note the panel above the dropdown - it changes once you hit save. 

The dropdown will reset back it it's original value. 

And why does it need your timezone? To make sure logs / timestamps actually make sense. 

Awesome, thanks for the clarification.

What’s the correct way to set the custom offset. My time is usually 30 minutes off . When I try GMT-0630 the top panel reverts to UTC+630. Am I time zone stupid?

9 hours ago, Spoonish said:

What’s the correct way to set the custom offset. My time is usually 30 minutes off . When I try GMT-0630 the top panel reverts to UTC+630. Am I time zone stupid?

I think you would input  "UTC+0030" as a plus 30 min shift from GMT

UTC = GMT, + = additional, 00 = no hours, 30 = 30 mins.

EDIT - however there does seem to be a bug, when you add a custom "UTC-" value the current time zone field always displays a "UTC+" and vice versa - seems to affect the time as well. It does not do this when using the drop down lists.

Archived