Web server on network side

DigitalTinker

Is it possible to have a web server on the network side of the Packet Squirrel? It would be nice to create a tool similar to the NetScout NetSprinter that could be used for network diagnostics including LLDP. Could you attach a wireless adapter and have it run an access point as well?

6 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

A wireless adapter would be interesting, as the PS is (sadly) lacking a WiFi/BLE module. Not sure if the PS can create it's own network or not though, as it looks to be mainly pass-through (like the LAN Turtle).

The PacketSquirrel* supports working as a router, that's the NETMODE NAT. 

3 minutes ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

You're saying they use the same functions? E.g. NETMODE.

I'm not overly familiar with the LAN Turtle, as I don't have one. Getting a PS though! :happy:

No, but the outcome is the same. NETMODE NAT is what the LAN Turtle's default network is.

4 minutes ago, Sebkinne said:

No, but the outcome is the same. NETMODE NAT is what the LAN Turtle's default network is.

So the functions are called the same way?

E.g. NETMODE NAT on a LAN Turtle does the same as on a PS.

2 minutes ago, sundhaug92 said:

NETMODE on the packetsquirrel is kinda like ATTACKMODE on the bashbunny

Yeah that was my initial thought when I saw it on Darren's post.

Just now, Dave-ee Jones said:

So the functions are called the same way?

E.g. NETMODE NAT on a LAN Turtle does the same as on a PS.

No. The LAN Turtle doesn't have a "NETMODE" command. But the way the LAN Turtle has it's networking setup can be achieved by running "NETMODE NAT" on the PS.

Just now, Sebkinne said:

No. The LAN Turtle doesn't have a "NETMODE" command. But the way the LAN Turtle has it's networking setup can be achieved by running "NETMODE NAT" on the PS.

Ah, okay, that makes sense. Sorry so many baby steps had to be taken, ha. Friday afternoon getting to me. On the bright side, weekend..

Archived