Little Laptop

sq34k

Hi I do not know if this topic has been raised before but I  was watching an old episode of hak5 where Darren had a really small netbook with a sticker on the back saying all calls are monitored for quality assurance, 

I would like to know what system this was ans also is it linux compatible. 

I was thinking a chromebook with intel chip. I don't see any one talking about them here.

my wife has one with a intel chip. I have been itching to fire up linux. I have read its hardware works out of the box.

They are cheap.

The toucch sccreen might perform well with gnome shell3 and will give it a greate tablet style user interface...

Long battery life.

Edited by i8igmac

1 hour ago, i8igmac said:

I was thinking a chromebook with intel chip. I don't see any one talking about them here.

my wife has one with a intel chip. I have been itching to fire up linux. I have read its hardware works out of the box.

They are cheap.

The toucch sccreen might perform well with gnome shell3 and will give it a greate tablet style user interface...

Long battery life.

The intel ones do work with e.g Gallium OS(which is ubuntu + the necessary chromebook drivers). (use it myself)

Ive got two acer 11’s CB3-131-C3SZ.i’ve piddled around with linux on them but never balls to the wall. Love them, lightweight, ips screen, 9-11 hr battery. Plus you can odten get them at or just above $120.

I’ve got my eBay eye open for a good price on an acer Chromebook 14 CB3-431-C5FM or a Acer Chromebook 11 C740 which you can swap out the HD for a 128 or 256 SSD.

check out http://www.fascinatingcaptain.com/product-reviews/best-chromebooks-for-linux/ for some 2016 information

14 minutes ago, Spoonish said:

Ive got two acer 11’s CB3-131-C3SZ.i’ve piddled around with linux on them but never balls to the wall. Love them, lightweight, ips screen, 9-11 hr battery. Plus you can odten get them at or just above $120.

I’ve got my eBay eye open for a good price on an acer Chromebook 14 CB3-431-C5FM or a Acer Chromebook 11 C740 which you can swap out the HD for a 128 or 256 SSD.

check out http://www.fascinatingcaptain.com/product-reviews/best-chromebooks-for-linux/ for some 2016 information

The perfect mobile linux development device.