Client AP No Connection

Hey guys

This morning I received my Wifi Pineapple Nano Tactical Elite and set it up using this tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv1eiIwOPKo

Everything works fine, except for one thing.

I set up an open access point called "Wifi123", then connected to it on my phone. The dashboard displays 1 client connected, but my phone doesn't get any connection. I tried to connect to the access point on 2 other devices and none of them got any connection. 

Any help with giving the access point internet would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

On the pineapples web UI dashboard, what happens when you click on "Load bulletins from wifipineapple.com" button? is the pineapple online? have you got it connected to a PC sharing its connection using ICS script wp6/sh? or maybe using wlan1 in client mode? or maybe added a 3rd radio using it as wlan2 in client mode? little more detail would be handy.

1 hour ago, Just_a_User said:

On the pineapples web UI dashboard, what happens when you click on "Load bulletins from wifipineapple.com" button? is the pineapple online? have you got it connected to a PC sharing its connection using ICS script wp6/sh? or maybe using wlan1 in client mode? or maybe added a 3rd radio using it as wlan2 in client mode? little more detail would be handy.

Don't worry, I figured out that I needed to configure the "Wifi client mode" and connect that to my router for the Public AP to have an internet connection.

I have a few other questions though :) 

1. What is the tertiary radio used for? 

2. What is the usb slot at the back of the nano used for?

3. What is PineAP and how do I enable it?

4. In the networking tab, my default root is set it br-lan, what exactly are these options?

Sorry for all the questions, but you seem like the guy to ask :)

13 minutes ago, thatalbinofrog said:

1. What is the tertiary radio used for? 

Usually client mode for internet access, but can also be used for other things. If your using wlan1 for client mode your limiting the functionality of the pineapple.

2. What is the usb slot at the back of the nano used for?

Plugging in the tertiary radio or many other USB devices that are supported.

3. What is PineAP and how do I enable it?

Its magic and voodoo, best watch this to understand https://www.hak5.org/episodes/pineapple-university/wifi-pineapple-primer-from-recon-to-pineap

4. In the networking tab, my default root is set it br-lan, what exactly are these options?

I think your referring to the section where you can manually adjust the default route. Normally the pineapple does a pretty good job of sorting this out itself. An explanation of default route and routing tables can be found online.

I would recommend watching the rest of the Pineapple university videos as they are perfect for getting into the basics.

http://www.hak5.org/category/episodes/pineapple-university

55 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Usually client mode for internet access, but can also be used for other things. If your using wlan1 for client mode your limiting the functionality of the pineapple.

Plugging in the tertiary radio or many other USB devices that are supported.

Its magic and voodoo, best watch this to understand https://www.hak5.org/episodes/pineapple-university/wifi-pineapple-primer-from-recon-to-pineap

I think your referring to the section where you can manually adjust the default route. Normally the pineapple does a pretty good job of sorting this out itself. An explanation of default route and routing tables can be found online.

I would recommend watching the rest of the Pineapple university videos as they are perfect for getting into the basics.

http://www.hak5.org/category/episodes/pineapple-university

Thanks so much for the help. So could you give me a quick tutorial on how to use the tertiary radio? 

Sorry for all the questions, just can't find anything in the forums xD

15 minutes ago, thatalbinofrog said:

Thanks so much for the help. So could you give me a quick tutorial on how to use the tertiary radio? 

Sorry for all the questions, just can't find anything in the forums xD

Its kind of plug and play really, Plug in 3rd radio, pineapple will recognise it (if it is supported) and populate a new interface wlan2. Use wlan2 in client mode to connect to internet AP. There is some info on the forums that may help a bit.

2 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Its kind of plug and play really, Plug in 3rd radio, pineapple will recognise it (if it is supported) and populate a new interface wlan2. Use wlan2 in client mode to connect to internet AP. There is some info on the forums that may help a bit.

Cheers for all the help. Got the radio working easily. Now that I'm using it, should my default route be wlan1,wlan2,eth0,etc or do I just leave it as br-lan. (I still don't really understand what all these mean.

2 minutes ago, thatalbinofrog said:

Got the radio working easily. Now that I'm using it, should my default route be wlan1,wlan2,eth0,etc or do I just leave it as br-lan. (I still don't really understand what all these mean.

Now your using wlan2 for internet, have you tested the pineapple and clients get internet? if they have internet don’t change anything :) If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it :)

I think you might be getting confused between the Kernel IP routing table and the field underneath allowing manual adjustment (it defaults to br-lan on the drop down list) what’s in the Kernel IP routing table is what’s currently being used by the pineapple, The field underneath it is for entering details if you wish to edit the Kernel IP routing table.

If you look in the Kernel IP routing table under the Destination heading you should see the world "default" for the current default gateway.

23 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Now your using wlan2 for internet, have you tested the pineapple and clients get internet? if they have internet don’t change anything :) If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it :)

I think you might be getting confused between the Kernel IP routing table and the field underneath allowing manual adjustment (it defaults to br-lan on the drop down list) what’s in the Kernel IP routing table is what’s currently being used by the pineapple, The field underneath it is for entering details if you wish to edit the Kernel IP routing table.

If you look in the Kernel IP routing table under the Destination heading you should see the world "default" for the current default gateway.

Thanks so much! The pineapple and client are both get internet so yay! I can even browse the web when connected to the management AP which I don't understand why, seeing I've only set up the wifi with client mode. Any chance you know why?

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, thatalbinofrog said:

The pineapple and client are both get internet so yay! I can even browse the web when connected to the management AP which I don't understand why, seeing I've only set up the wifi with client mode. Any chance you know why?

In the networking tab "WiFi client mode" means that the interface selected will act as a client to an access point with internet (probably your main router). It does not mean you set up internet access for pineapple open network clients only.

Once the pineapple is online clients both on the open and management networks get internet access by default.

• 2 years later...

What is PineAP and how do I enable it?

i get to the WiFi Client Mode, and then I notice that I only have wlan1mon as an interface option. I scan and then connect to the Access Point.

Once I am connected to the internet I go to dashboard and I hit Bulletins, and it shows that I am connected to the internet.

i then go to PineAP and enable PineAP Daemon and then return to the dashboard and Bulletins says I’m not connected. I then head back to networking and I’m not connected to the Access Point. 

I have reloaded, disconnected and configured all that I can, and I even purchased a brand new Alfa network dual antenna and placed it in the other port on the Pineapple Nano, but no joy. I use Ethernet, wireless to home hub, and even my own mobile for signal, but no joy.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. 

Bradders 1990,

I have looked all over the Hak5 forum, YouTube, and the net in general, and followed lots of advice, but to no avail. 🚨

I even removed the Y cable and changed settings for properties, so I know I can connect to the internet through cable, Wi-fi and tethering, but I still get the same option and no other. 🌎

Kali on a USB on Windows 10 pro platform and tried virtual box as well, but no matter what I do the tetra just keeps showing wilan1mon as the only drop down option. 🚨🚨

We cannot be the only ones with this issue? 🎈

I enabled Alpha via connections having followed the instructions and managed its properties, but I cannot connect to this and make it work.  Cannot find the configuration for setup i.e. does the alpha plug into the back of the tetra, or does it have to be in its own port?

Hopefully Bradders 1990 someone will point us in the right direction 🙏🏼

Cheers 😎

On 7/23/2019 at 12:34 AM, INFOTRACE said:

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. 

you cant use wlan1 or wlan1mon as the client mode interface while using PineAP at the same time. its either or. if you need both you can use a compatable wifi adapter plugged into the pineapple. which should give you a wlan2. use this in client mode and that will leave wlan1 or wlan1mon for PneAP.

5 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

you cant use wlan1 or wlan1mon as the client mode interface while using PineAP at the same time. its either or. if you need both you can use a compatable wifi adapter plugged into the pineapple. which should give you a wlan2. use this in client mode and that will leave wlan1 or wlan1mon for PneAP.

Just_a_user,

Thanks for the information. I have just ordered a couple of adapters that are solely 2.4 GHz, as I have had problems with the Alpha dual band. Hopefully one of the new devices will resolve the issue.

Thanks again for your advice.

cheers 😎

Archived