Unable to connect to serial via putty

word2yamutha

Hello.  I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue, since this is the first time I have used it.  I checked device manager and Bashbunny is set to COM4 and Bits per second is set to 115200, data bits: 8, parity bit: No, Stop bit: 1 like it says in the readme file.  I set it up the same in Putty and run it as admin.  It just loads to a black screen and nothing happens.  I'm I missing something or did I get a defective device?  Thanks  

I tried hitting enter put I still get a blank page with no response.  I tried following the firmware recovery without any success.  switch 3 boots up to USB device goes green then blinks blue.  I tired switch 2 and it seems to run the default payload as it turns purple.  Is there anything else that I can try?  

19 hours ago, Cpt.Pickles said:

On switch 2 remove STORAGE, save , and follow the instructions here http://wiki.bashbunny.com/#!./index.md#Sharing_an_Internet_Connection_with_the_Bash_Bunny_from_Windows to remote into it.

So I followed these instructions and I wasn't able to remote into the bunnybash at all.  I shared my wifi to the bunny and set the ip address as 172.16.64.64.  The device just shows disconnected and was never able to obtain an ip address.

I had the same exact problem, but managed to solve it. For me, my USB Controller driver was not installed. Once I installed the driver, serial connection via Putty worked fine. Check your device manager, do you see any warning icons under "Other Devices" ? If you do, updating your USB drivers may help.

On 12/03/2017 at 8:05 PM, word2yamutha said:

Hello.  I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue, since this is the first time I have used it.  I checked device manager and Bashbunny is set to COM4 and Bits per second is set to 115200, data bits: 8, parity bit: No, Stop bit: 1 like it says in the readme file.  I set it up the same in Putty and run it as admin.  It just loads to a black screen and nothing happens.  I'm I missing something or did I get a defective device?  Thanks  

You get greeted by a blank page, that did surprised me as well. Just press enter a few time you'll see the prompt asking for your login / password

Edited by Kel
orthography / spelling / grammar
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...