I cant seem to get the mp3's downloaded

davedave

But, I don't get an error message like some of the other posts I've seen.

The hack shows up on the website, and i get the

Welcome to Pandora's Jar

Attempting to lauch on port 8085...OK!

[ready, lets grab some MP3's!!!]

and "localhost connected to server." like 20 times in the java window.

I click on "Grab this track" and absolutely nothing happens/changes in any of the windows. Same thing when I try to go on cruise control.

I have the newest version of firefox, java, and I have the newest flash player 9, im not sure if thats still an issue or not. If you guys think that is my problem, i will try to uninstall it and find flash player 8 or 7 or something.

any suggestions/help would be great thanks!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i uninstalled flash player 9, and installed 8, and still no luck.

I have java and javascript enabled in options in mozilla also.

the little gray screens just remain on "waiting".

Also, my friend seems to have some java code next to the empty gray box at the very bottom, while I have none.

Help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

The problem is flash related.

Get the flash switcher extension for firefox and switch to version 7 r63.

Ok, I did that, still no luck though :( . I took a screen shot of what the bottom half looks like. Also, clicking on the Abort, Settings, Track Info, and Backstage buttons at the top seem to do absolutely nothing (not sure if its supposed to be like that)

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1141623/pandora.JPG

I can't seem to get PJ to save any .mp3 either. I've got Flash switcher running Flash 7/8 (fails on both), a last.fm account and all the information is loaded into the PJ settings properly. However, whenever a song loads, the Artist info and Song info boxes just stay grey and say waiting on info.

Whenever I try to grab a song, the command prompt window gives me an error of " INFO [Thread-2] (Mp3Processor.java:39) - access file not found trying again after 1 sec" and this repeat for some time.

I've followed the tutorials, etc. and everything *should* be setup properly, but clearly something's not happening. Anyone have any ideas?

Davex2,

You have to fill in the info in the bottom of pandora to work...and you will need an last.fm account as well.

Then you put that info in the Settings of Pandora.

I made a last.fm account, and i type it into the Pandora's Jar box. but it never.. how do i say this.. "accepts it"? Like it never logs me into anything. clicking the "save settings" button does absolutely nothing at all. So I type the name and pass, and toggle the little Data menu to "on", and the information i entered just sits there.

the fact that the buttons Settings or Save Settings buttons dont do anything, or that I dont have any words next to that empty white bar at the bottom makes me feel like its a java problem, but i compared my java with the one my friend has (who has this working) and its the exact same.

Just a hunch... try opening up Request.java and look at the urlDecode() method. Change the character encoding from "UTF" to "UTF-8". You also might want to add "uee.printStackTrace();" below the comment about something never happening. Rebuild and restart. See if that does anything.

Just a hunch... try opening up Request.java and look at the urlDecode() method. Change the character encoding from "UTF" to "UTF-8". You also might want to add "uee.printStackTrace();" below the comment about something never happening. Rebuild and restart. See if that does anything.

hmmm my Request.java looks like this

package server;

import java.util.Map;

import java.util.HashMap;

public class Request {

Map<String,String> parameters = new HashMap<String, String>();

String requestId;

public Request(String requestId) {

this.requestId = requestId;

}

public Map<String,String> getParameters() {

return parameters;

}

public String getRequestId() {

return requestId;

}

public void addParameter(String paramName, String paramValue) {

parameters.put(paramName, paramValue);

}

public String getParamter(String paramName) {

return parameters.get(paramName);

}

public Session getSession() {

SessionManager instance = SessionManager.getInstance();

return instance.getSession(this);

}

}

I don't see any URL decode method

try putting an alert into the downloadMP3() function of pandoraGrabber.js. Just see if when you click the button, that actually gets called. If you put it far enough down in the function, see if artist and songName are filled in. Sorry to get all programmer-y. It'll look like:

function downloadMP3() {

alert('I have hit the function');

lookup = $F("cddb");

try putting an alert into the downloadMP3() function of pandoraGrabber.js. Just see if when you click the button, that actually gets called. If you put it far enough down in the function, see if artist and songName are filled in. Sorry to get all programmer-y. It'll look like:

function downloadMP3() {

alert('I have hit the function');

lookup = $F("cddb");

k ill do that, i have finals this week in college, but by this weekend ill try to get it working