davedave

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here what i did to get it working:

Downgrade Flash to 8r34

Upgrade Java to 6SE

Edit default.properties so the archive path is a existing path (my pc doesn't have a C: drive just F: and G:)

Mess around with NoScript plugin on FireFox

If it still doesn't work there's always LimeWire ;)

I try and try and this does not work

im pretty sure i have flash 8

Pandora's Jar in the Java window says that it is unable to find file and it wants me to make sure i am running it in the newest firefox. Also in the noobs guide to this it tells us to

Now Minimize that and everything else. Open up Firefox and type this exactly: "http://localhost:8085" (Without Quotes)

and to the last entry the quote that i mentioned

Quote:

Now Minimize that and everything else. Open up Firefox and type this exactly: "http://localhost:8085" (Without Quotes)

that link doest work. and i am not quoting

i try it without 8058 and it takes me to the hacked page but the mp3 ripper wont work

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

how do i know what flash i use?

Right click on the pandora window and it should tell you your version.

Now Minimize that and everything else. Open up Firefox and type this exactly: "http://localhost:8085"'>http://localhost:8085" (Without Quotes)

Look at the Java window after it launches, it should tell you which port Jar is using. Mine said port 80 so i just type "http://localhost:8080" in my address bar.

• 2 weeks later...

im having the same problem. can't dl the mp3!

i'm hoping its an easy fix, that i've just over looked something.

this is what it says

Welcome to Pandora's Jar

Attempting to lauch on port 8085...OK!

[ready, lets grab some MP3's!!!]

localhost connected to server.

unable to rip MP3 unable to find file make sure you have Pandora running in a FIRFOX browser

plz help

your internet connection (at least to the pandora servers) is too slow.

how close to the end of the song do you have to be?

try changing the amount of seconds to wait before grabbing when in cruise control.

this is done like this:

edit jspandora.js and find the following:

else {

if (isCruise()) {

InitializeTimer(15, "grabMp3()");

}

}

replace the '15' with something larger, perhaps 60 is a good value for you. don't go over 120 by much - I'm unsure but most likely it will either grab the old file with the name of the new song playing OR it will try to grab the new song and fail.

if you fail to find a good value - let me know, I might be able to work on modifying PJ to grab a song when it ends instead of when it starts.

Please debug your settings and let us know how the new ones work - make sure that grabbed files are getting tagged and named correctly.

which version are you using? 7.4.0 or 7.4.0_CF5? I recommend CF5 (I made it ;-) )

and please opt-in to the mp3md5-db thing, it will help us all - plus help you to prevent mis-tags.

7.4.0_CF5 contains many bug fixes and extended configuration features.

a link to it can be found in the main discussion thread.

Did pandora change something recently? Pandora jar was working great for me two days ago. Put it on cruise control and after awhile I turned it off. Later, I was trying to grab some lost prophets and couldn't figure out why the grabber id3 grabber was taking so long. In the mp3 folder no more new music was being added.

I eventually looked in my temp folder, there was no more plugtmp folders being added... I tried loading this up on my laptop. Same problem. Created a new pandora user account still no luck with plugtmps showing up.

I can't seem to find a good value to set for the cruise control, seeing as how u don't always know how long a song is going to be. if i set it to small it doesn't get the full song, and if i set it to high it passes over the song not grabing it.

i've also come across a new problem with the cruise control, when i was able to get songs, the 1st song would dl and be tagged just fine, but the 2nd song, instead of being grabbed, it would grab the next song in line(the 3rd song) and tag it as the 2nd song completely skipping the 2nd song other then the tag. I'm stuck once again :(. And yes CF i have your jar now ty.

oh one more thing, what is this opt-in to the mp3md5-db thing u mentioned?

I can't seem to find a good value to set for the cruise control' date=' [/quote']

too bad.

seems like we'll have to find a solution some other way.

one strange thing with your problem is that it's actually grabbing HALF-SONGS. the strange thing here is that PJ would ignore the file if it is still being downloaded - and somehow with your setup it doesn't.

can you send me your logs? (upload them somewhere and send me a link in a PM)

oh one more thing' date=' what is this opt-in to the mp3md5-db thing u mentioned?[/quote']

The mp3md5 db is a database I've set up that collects 'votes' for md5 (file signatures) against artist-title info. every time you grab a song it "votes" for "this file is this artist-title". and that matching is added 1 more vote to it's current amount.

if the vote you send in matches the current "top vote" for this file - it is saved in the normal folder. otherwise it is saved in a "mismatches" directory that is created where you ran the jar from. the file is named after it's md5 and with a utility that I'm currently developing you'll be able to go over all your mismatches and see what song "outvoted" them. It will also enable you to rename them to that one. and in addition - you'll be able to go over the entire collection and make sure none of your files that were grabbed as "correct" have been outvoted.

it doesn't make pandoras-jar work 100% - but (at least for me) it reduces errors from 3% to less than 1%.

and eventually - if enough people will opt-in, the database will contain enough mappings with enough votes to ensure a really tiny error count.

I'm using ver 9. I tried unistalling and reinstalling it before I posted. Pandora is still working fine. Also, pandora jar worked for a day and half til I change the option to cruise control and back to manual. That's when it stopped grabbing music. Well it could have stopped somewhere in cruise control when I was out of my dormroom.

I transfered the install stuff for pandora over to my laptop via usb drive and new pandora account. I wondering if pandora is just now streaming online instead of putting it on the hdd cause it possibly recognizes my ip...

I'm using ver 9.

ver 9 of what? flash?

I transfered the install stuff for pandora over to my laptop via usb drive and new pandora account. I wondering if pandora is just now streaming online instead of putting it on the hdd cause it possibly recognizes my ip...

I can't understand a word, could you rephrase that please?

Flash version 9. Of Adobe flash. Program that enables flash. The program I was prompted to install after uninstalling (the act of removing a program), when I viewed Pandora, again.

I installed that program called Pandora Jar, right? I also made a new Pandora account. This is the first time Pandora has ever been loaded on my laptop. I then just went to start > internet(firefox) > www.pandora.com , too see if there were any plugtmp folders. There were none there, after listening to 5 songs and rating them. It seems to me Pandora is not downloading music automatically to my temp folder. It seems like it knows my Ip(Internet Protocol) address and just streams music.(Sending files online, but not actually downloading.)

This was all working before. As I explained in my previous post. Pandora Jar worked flawlessly. Yes, even with Adobe Flash Version 9. I wanted to try out cruisecontrol and that other other. Went out of my dorm room (the place you live in college at.) ate some lunch. Came back, turned off Cruisecontrol. Set to manual. You know grab the song yourself. It was hanging. I checked the java and dos window. It kept saying please make sure you are using FIRFOX browser. Which i was using FIREFOX. Same version it worked on before Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.0.1. Then, I went to start > run > %temp%, no new plugtmps were being added. The only plugtmp folder that had music in it. Was the last rip of music from the cruisecontrol.

Thank you.

dude, I'm sorry, but there's no way that 7.4.0 worked with flash 9.

unless you were running some kind of beta version of 9 which is not publicly available or you had 8 in the cache and firefox somehow used that or something like that.

use flashswitcher to overcome the flash version problem.

use greasemonkey (or noscript) to overcome pandora asking you to upgrade your flash.

this is how it works for all of us since they started requiring flash 9.

While I'm extremely interested in figuring out how/why flash 9 did work for you - I don't think it's possible until you are able to reproduce that situation. most likely you are confused.

good luck.

I'm here if you have any more questions.