CMD codes

pimmpinit

ok a while back i remember watching a video of some online tech show just like hak.5. i watched an episode where someone wrote up a cmd script that automaticaly deleted your mp3's off the computer. it was around the time the riaa was busting down people, so i guess they thought it was funny to write this scipt and put it on its site in the show notes. i just really need the name of the show or the site or even a script.

You know how easy it is to get files back when you just use the del (or delete) command right?

Spybot S&D as a feature called "Secure Shredder", which basicly compleatly randomises the data of a file before deleting it. That does (in theory) make it unrecoverable.

thanks! you saved me! well i should have said what i'm using this for. i live at a bording school and they do computer check while i'm not in the room so i wanted to make a quick cmd script for my roomate to click to delete certain files i dont want to school getting. do you remember the show i'm talking about? its really killing me. i think it might be hak.5 but i cant find the segment in the show notes, and i know it wasn't the broken or system or diggnation.

thanks! you saved me! well i should have said what i'm using this for. i live at a bording school and they do computer check while i'm not in the room so i wanted to make a quick cmd script for my roomate to click to delete certain files i dont want to school getting. do you remember the show i'm talking about? its really killing me. i think it might be hak.5 but i cant find the segment in the show notes, and i know it wasn't the broken or system or diggnation.

try passworded folders with at least 9 charetuers in the password , also hidden folders.

You do realise I already said it's really easy to get back any file that is deleted with the del (or delete) command don't you?

You do realise I already said it's really easy to get back any file that is deleted with the del (or delete) command don't you?

while that is true, do you expect it to be that thorough? i wouldn't. nothing wrong with having a safer method than needed though.

This is actually how easy it is:

Insert Ubutnu live CD, boot it.

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install ntfsprogs

and then

sudo ntfsundelete /dev/hda

will list all files that are 'undeleteable', then do

sudo ntfsundelete -u <insert file name here>

to 'undelete' a given file.

It is literally that easy.

open notepad

type in

"@CD C:

@DEL *.mp3

@echo the mp3's are now deletd"

(witout quotes)

hit ctrl+S then type in "delmp3.bat" (including quotes) as the fliename

Truecrypt is probably the best way to do it. You can do it without even installing Truecrypt if you run it from a USB key or something.

Just download the Truecrypt zip file and extract the files you need. I think it tells you how to do it in the documentation.

Then create a encrypted volume, hide the volume (using Window's hidden attribute) and you're done. You can even trick them with a truecrypt hidden volume inside a non-hidden volume. That way if they find it, you can show them your encrypted class notes or something.

This is actually how easy it is:

Insert Ubutnu live CD, boot it.

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install ntfsprogs

and then

sudo ntfsundelete /dev/hda

will list all files that are 'undeleteable', then do

sudo ntfsundelete -u <insert file name here>

to 'undelete' a given file.

It is literally that easy.

imagine doing that on 50 computers. fair enough they can write a script, but booting ubuntu is hardly quick. and yes they could do it on dsl or whatever but i doubt a search is any more thorough than a search for "*.wav *.mp3 *.avi *.wmv *.wma *.mpg". due to the amount of computers they need to check and the average computer literacy of highschool students, anything more is not worth it. not many would even know it's possible to undelete. geeks aren't in high numbers at high school.

btw, you also forgot that there are hundreds of tools capable of scanning drives and undeleting files from within windows itself.

i just don't think it's gonna be that thorough. i'd have to say truecrypt would be the best solution (as it also stops you from loosing your data incase it gets overridden by something when it's deleted), even just make it a virtual drive, don't worry about hiding the partition just call it data.pak and chuck it in a game directory.

open notepad

type in

"@CD C:

@DEL *.mp3

@echo the mp3's are now deletd"

(witout quotes)

hit ctrl+S then type in "delmp3.bat" (including quotes) as the fliename

I do not think this would work properly, unless he stores all his MP3s on the root of C:.

DEL /S = delete from subdirectories

• 2 months later...

Long ago and far away I once went to bording school. :(

Sparda way kewl on the undelete with Ubutnu. I think he wants to beable to recover them after they (Teacher) check his machine. my sugestion is get a nice size usb drive and keep everything on it that way when they check your machine is good to go. :)