frustrated....anywhere to learn and guide me to explore Tetra ?

Fred_Bos

Hi everyone,
Its been so frustrating since I got my tetra that I just can't do much with it. I have looked up for training in the internet but NOTHING much out there. I believe this is happening with everyone who just starting with Pineapple devices. Can you guy setup training at least basics to learn most helpful tools in the WiFi pineapple ?

I saw a few videos made by hack5 but there isn't enough to get me excited to learn more about WiFi pineapple...

I really had to put Tetra for sale online just because it felt like it was useless. hack5 don't have enough tutorials unfortunately!

Edited by Fred_Bos

This is my first post on here, I've just had my tetra device & its awesome.  I think the reason why your finding this hard to find information is your not looking for the correct search terms. You have not really stated what your trying todo. Getting access to the pineapple and the guide Darren given is awesome. The wp6.sh script makes life very easy for the setup (routing)

I've found the best way to gain information on what your looking for is:-

for example, The WPS module, there are 100's of youtube guides on using reaver, bully & pixiedust. endless amounts of right ups and what the commands do.

try googling "Kali reaver guide" or "backtrack Bully"

This will give a great understanding about the process and what everything means in the module.

Just do this for everything you thinking of doing and you will get there in the end. The excitement comes, when the penny drops :)

the tutorials are out there for each of the tools on the device.

Think of it as the Playstation Console, It has all the hardware you need but you gotta still master the games which is not guaranteed by the hardware developers.

The tools work,  little wonky cause the device is newer I guess all the infusions need to be recoded for each device.

You can also log in SSH and add whatever tools you want to the pineapple like wifite.

We all got issues, just work around or through them....isn't that what pen testing is all about?  Giving up, meh too easy.  maybe I fuxed up my tetra but I'm still thinking of buying a nano.

• 3 weeks later...

Dont do it. dont waste your money. read the forums.... issue after issue with literally all modules. my tetra sits on a shelf because It wont do what they said it would do. I figured I would go with one of the simple modules like WPS.. yea right no such luck. ive not found anyone on the forums who has posted that it works for them. what does that tell you? I regret wasting 230$. my trusty ol laptop with wifislax n tools works EVERYTIME. what a waste. of course i could sell mine, but how could I screw someone like that?

44 minutes ago, hextor said:

Dont do it. dont waste your money. read the forums.... issue after issue with literally all modules. my tetra sits on a shelf because It wont do what they said it would do. I figured I would go with one of the simple modules like WPS.. yea right no such luck. ive not found anyone on the forums who has posted that it works for them. what does that tell you? I regret wasting 230$. my trusty ol laptop with wifislax n tools works EVERYTIME. what a waste. of course i could sell mine, but how could I screw someone like that?

I don't think I've ever read a more blatantly false statement in my life.  Here's my YouTube channel.  Pick a video about the Pineapple and let the learning begin.

1 hour ago, hextor said:

Really Sud0nick? 6 videos? and not one of them about WPS? LEARN WHAT? I want to learn what I want not what you are doing. really exactly what is false?

I think his YouTube videos point out how absurd it is to say "literally all modules have issues". Regarding your WPS issue, from what I can see from your post history you have not even attempted to try and "debug" the problem, you could of ran the bully and wash executables over SSH to see if the problem exists with only the module, instead of copy and pasting the same message in 3 separate threads.

Please understand that the majority of modules are created by members of the community, as stated before, the community doesn't get paid to put time and effort into creating modules, we do it because its fun for us.

EDIT: I just tested the WPS module for you, and it works fine here. MAC Addresses and sensitive SSIDs have been censored. (Notice the WPS column at the end)

Nc22J4u.png

Edited by Foxtrot
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hextor said:

Really Sud0nick? 6 videos? and not one of them about WPS? LEARN WHAT? I want to learn what I want not what you are doing. really exactly what is false?

There's actually 5.  Learn to pay attention and these things won't be so difficult for you.

50 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

I think his YouTube videos point out how absurd it is to say "literally all modules have issues".

Yes.

My point was also that there are resources available to learn.  @hextor if you want to get rid of your Pineapple then do it.  If you want to keep it and learn about it then do so.  Just quit whining.  I honestly can't figure out why people like you continue to come here angry and expect something from us.  If you would just make an effort, do research, and ask questions about the problems you can't find answers to then we'll work with you.  Coming here all butt-hurt, ranting and raving, isn't going to make you smarter nor will it reverse the decision you made to purchase the Pineapple in the first place.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Wow

Geez i guess some 'humans' get all bent outa shape when life ins't PnP. One does not call the car dealership coz one has a flat.

My tetra is the crux-piece of my learning, I went back to school, studying CCNA via network sec and comp eng to fill the gaps i found i had.

Frustration is a part of learning,  simply put - if you're angry, you're not doing it right. :)

My connection drop outs tuned out to be the crappy LAN cable i was using, a total rooks move. :) 

• Upvote 2