Windows Installation Error

astromodder

I bought a HP dv6103nr from best buy this weekend and I am trying to install Windows XP Pro on it, however when I boot from the CD and install it, it says there is no hard disk installed. I know that it is because it is not picking up the SATA controller. If the computer had a floppy drive I could press F6 and install the controller but there is no floppy drive, and I do not have an external drive. So I followed a guide I found on Google and I slipstreamed the iaStor.sys file that was originally installed in xp media center for the controller and It copied all the files but after i finally set up windows whenever i start up I get the BSOD. What did I do wrong and how can i fix this?

wouldn't the simple'st solution be to just take out the floppy drive out of pc1 and put it (temporarily) in pc2 to install the drivers ... and then plug it back in pc1 when ure install is done and all works ...

wouldn't the simple'st solution be to just take out the floppy drive out of pc1 and put it (temporarily) in pc2 to install the drivers ... and then plug it back in pc1 when ure install is done and all works ...

Its a laptop, i might have forgotten to say that

Sparda: That is probably what I am going to do, I already have a copy of Ubuntu 6.10

Guys, if the person's asking for help installing Windows, fucking help him or say nothing. Honestly, there are lots of reasons for using Windows over Linux. Like say... gaming, ease of use, easy networking with other Windows PCs in the house. Honestly, this Linux and Mac elitism on the internet is getting annoying. There are reasons for using Windows. Windows XP is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The only time Windows crashes on me now are either when an application fucks up (which isn't the OS's fault, its the fault of the fucker who programed it), or when I fuck around too much with Windows.

Try Nliting the CD with the SATA drivers (http://www.nliteos.com), or buying an external USB Floppy Drive.

Honestly though, I think your problem is that you bought an HP. I've had nothing but problems with HPs whenever I've used them.

I would suggest you invest in a USB floppy drive. Will set you back about 40 bucks, but at least you can install stuff from floppy again, plus since it's USB you can use it on other machines should that need arrive.

To this very day all machines I own have a floppy drive in them. I almost never use them, but I wouldn't want to be caught without one.

I have a few floppy drives for that reason, but last night, at about 2am, it occurred to me that I don't actually have any floppy disks that still work.
i still have bout 25 i cna send u 1 or 2 if ya want ...

(back in the day b4 i had internet acces @home i had to go to the library for it ... where u would have to buy a floppy if u wanted to dl some files n take em with u ...

so each ime i used to dl some dosgames & textfiles and play/read/print em @ home , i used to have over 150 floppy's :P