Video card help?

anarchtic

AMD are doing it... there version of integrated graphics.

with there onboard northbridge? ..:

A) that will be hot (as in heat)

b) that will be the exe core/cache will be smaller

c)lower cpu cycles

btw, my 200th post .. YEO FUCK!

That is just WRONG. I already felt the on-board memory controller was a bit of a stretch, and now they want to incorporate a full-blown graphics core?!?

The only upside I see is that us non-gamers will have a fatter processor at our disposal for getting actual work done, but chances are that functionality will be locked away in some shitty driver and I'll just have 50 foot die to cool that's wasting space and power on shit I once again do not need.

Call me a cynic...

But AMD's don't catch fire, I have seen p2 start to melt doing basic things on a PC , and damm the smell is bad when silicon melts in to plastic.

my personal tak on AMD is thay work better and harder and take punishment alot better then Intell chips, thay also can tolorate heat better.

i had a comp's mother board fry and all the capacitors tops burst and electrolytes spread every where and the case still has the smell and you can slightly smell it in the room that was on one hot summer

But AMD's don't catch fire, I have seen p2 start to melt doing basic things on a PC , and damm the smell is bad when silicon melts in to plastic.

my personal tak on AMD is thay work better and harder and take punishment alot better then Intell chips, thay also can tolorate heat better.

i had a comp's mother board fry and all the capacitors tops burst and electrolytes spread every where and the case still has the smell and you can slightly smell it in the room that was on one hot summer

what mobo brand/model was that?

That is just WRONG. I already felt the on-board memory controller was a bit of a stretch, and now they want to incorporate a full-blown graphics core?!?

The only upside I see is that us non-gamers will have a fatter processor at our disposal for getting actual work done, but chances are that functionality will be locked away in some shitty driver and I'll just have 50 foot die to cool that's wasting space and power on shit I once again do not need.

Call me a cynic...

Oh please, I give you a week and youll have a hak to get around any loked away cycles the CPU has for Graphics.